It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those of you looking for employment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Get your head out of the clouds, get out of fantsyland...there are no jobs and everyday these greedy facist corporations are moving more and more of our jobs out to India, Pakistan, China, Mexico, and South America and the trend is not going to stop anytime soon. Couple that with the fact that the only jobs left here are going to numbnut illegals who will work for crumbs at jobs we Americans don't Want, yeah like in a GD recession we would choose rather to be broke and losing our A$$#$ to the wind and turn down any GD JOB!!! AS IF!!! WTF??? Our government wants to be the king and all of us the peasents, except the few facist fat pigs that own corporations and banks, and this has been their plan all along. Then to top it all off they want to rival us against each other and no other race as much as the blacks have embraced the BS Race crap!!! WTF is America coming to, oppressing it's people and dividing them amongst themselves because they know that a few million citizens if we could get along and join forces could bring them to their knees!!! But, yet these stupid Americans just love to fight over stupid racial, political, and GD religous issues insted of facing the facist beast and slayin it where it stands!!!! WAKE TF UP!!!! WE NEED TO UNITE BEFORE IT'S TOO GD LATE AND BRING THE GOVERNMENT DOWN!!!! AND THE CORPORATIONS AND BANKS...are you game or you would rather be a peasent begging for your government cheese? We will soon be Russia circa 1930's to the late 90's when will you jerks wake tf up???!!!!!!! I wish I could slap every one of you on the street and say...DO SOMETHING!!!! Don't just stand there looking dumb and let ouor government s*** all over us!!!!! ACTION NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 22-8-2010 by ldyserenity]

[edit on 22-8-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well, maybe you are in the wrong field. From where I'm sitting, there are a lot of jobs and a lot of active hiring. Choose wisely.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I am in between two fields right now, attending school for computers online but all my experience is in retail, which aint hiring and computer won't hire me as I won't graduate until august 2011. If you say people are hiring what field are you in? And where? In Florida aint # hiring not even in computers anyway! Florida is a S****hole with no hope of getting out from under the oil spill and corrupt government!

[edit on 23-8-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Florida is having a rough time of it being hit with a lot of factors at once. The housing market crash killed the economy even before the oil disaster.

It's hard everywhere and my post wasn't so much directed to you, as it was more of a general observation. We know things are going to continue to be tough for some time and so it behooves those who are out of work to consider that what was done before, may not be available in the future and plan accordingly.

I think many people are. I've read that most Universities, Comm. Colleges and trade schools are full and that despite the ever rising tuition costs. People are trying...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Yes, but to what ends, how long before even the few computer/technical jobs are soon going to be gone, my class is huge it seems everyone wants to do the computer thing now!!! I am just so irritated with the banks the government and the corporations, I think that we need to stand up united against their BS system and demand a change. But that's just IMO!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Best of luck to you, FL is a hard job market to be sure.
But, more and more opportunities are resurfacing, so just best to put yourself out there (Monster, Career Builder, Craig's List, etc.) and shoot for it.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Here in the Houston area lots of retail hiring. Even though I don't get a call back since I have no retail experience.

I decided my best shot was to start my on business. I started a cleaning service/minor repairs/painting etc. I've got my first contract for a residential high rise in downtown.

Just keep plugging away.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
In RI I've been out of work since Feb..
I am in the field of cat scan, but there are no (zero) jobs in radiography.
Going back to school is proving to be too expensive and all entry level work pays less than what I am making on unemployment, thus sending me to the poorhouse even faster than doing nothing.

My frustration level is incredibly high these days and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel.
When you (the OP) say rise up, what exactly do you propose be done? Any action will put me on a list or better yet land me a visit.

It appears that I have to lose everything before I qualify for any help, which translates into being a welfare case for life. The system is flawed, but those in control have no motivation to fix anything as it never impacts them directly.
So the vicious circle spirals downward for anyone on hard times. Hell, I cannot even get a loan to start a business to help myself.

I guess 25 years of working fulltime was a good run by today's standards.

top topics

join