It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Target Iran: The real reason behind the bullseye pegged on Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+142 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

The Iranians are about to commit an "offense" far greater than Saddam Hussein's conversion to the euro of Iraq’s oil exports in the fall of 2000. Numerous articles have revealed Pentagon planning for operations against Iran as early as 2005. While the publicly stated reasons will be over Iran's nuclear ambitions, there are unspoken macroeconomic drivers explaining the Real Reasons regarding the 2nd stage of petrodollar warfare - Iran's upcoming euro-based oil Bourse.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec619ce8fd18.jpg[/atsimg]

In 2004, The Iranian government anounced a plan to compete with both NYMEX (New York) and IPE (London) for international oil trades, using the Euro instead of the US dollar (USD). This commodities market announced by Iran is known as the Iranian Oil Bourse (IOB), as was opened on February 17, 2008. Put quite simply, the Euro would be directly competing with the USD and in a fair position to replace it in the oil market, unless of course the US intervenes and stops this from getting out of hand.

Why would the US and PTB care? You see, the entire US consumer-based economy and strength of the dollar itself, relies heavily on the fact that the USD is used to trade international commodities, particularly oil. This also allows the US and US based companies to manipulate the market.

In fact, in the fall of 2000, Iraq had converted over to the Euro for all of their oil exports and arguably, this could have been the reason (or one of them, anyway) for the invasion that soon followed. What Iraq did against the USD is not nearly as bad as what Iran is doing, from the perspective of the elites. Iraq simply slapped the dollar while Iran is trying to murder it.

Of course, the US is stating the case against Iran to be the country's nuclear program but most people who have researched the situation, realize that Iran is pursuing a peaceful nuclear program. Some people may argue that Iran can easily turn its peaceful program into one in which weapons are made, though such a conversion isn't easy at all.

Initially, Iran was enriching uranium to about 5%, then in February of this year, they announced that they had enriched 17kg of uranium to 20%. While 17kg of 20% enriched uranium sounds like a lot, it isn't anywhere close to the amount needed for a weapons program, nor is 20% enrichment even close to the purity level (U235) needed for a weapon. For a nuclear weapon, you need uranium enriched to at least 90% and for a weapons program, you need far more uranium than 17kg. The process for enriching uranium to the grade needed for a nuclear explosive, is much more difficult than enriching it to the 20% that they are currently doing.

Furthermore, Iran has been transparent and cooperative with the IAEA and this organization would know if Iran were trying to enrich their uranium to the weapons grade of at least 90%. The sad fact of the matter is that the US government and PTB know that Iran doesn't pose a direct or imminent threat for their nuclear program. It simply serves as an excuse to dismantle their plans for trading oil in Euros as opposed to dollars.

Along with stating Iran's nuclear program as their motive for a possible war with Iran, all of the usual suspects are coming together to demonize the government that is pursuing this alternative commodities market that threatens the supremacy of the USD. We had Bush & Co. (to include the CFR) saying that Iran was supplying the insurgency in Iraq with weapons and supplies, when the bigger and main problem was really the Sunni ethnic groups being supplied by Saudi Arabia, not the Shia being supplied by Iran.

We also have the MSM constantly vilifying the government of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, as if he is some self appointed dictator, such as those that the US likes to put in power and support. Not only do they vilify the Iranian government, but they also like to put words in his mouth, particularly statements that he didn't make.

For instance, the MSM was/is saying that Ahmadinejad called for Israel to be wiped off the map, when he never said anything of the sort. What was said?

Farsi: "Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad."

English: "The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time".

Israel, wiped off, wipe out, map, world, Earth, face, are all words that were not used, nor did Ahmadinejad threaten Israel in anyway what-so-ever.

"The Western media talks of me saying I would like to destroy a nation off the map.But Israel has already destroyed a nation. It is called Palestine" --Ahmadinejad

This is only but one example of the spin and propaganda being turned out by the American media, in an obvious effort to influence the American public's opinion of Iran and her democratically elected government. Sort of the same way that they did it to Saddam Hussein before the invasion of Iraq.

In addition, we have what seems to be the CIA instigating civil unrest after the elections that kept Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as head of the Iranian government. In fact, the protests in Tehran after the reelection of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, were much smaller than the protests after the election of Bush, yet the MSM would have us believe that the entire country was up in arms over some corrupt election. The truth of the matter is that Iran elected Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and unlike the US, Iran doesn't have unaccountable electronic voting machines, nor do they probably have dirty tactics to cheat the electoral system, as we do.

The MSM also likes to refer to Iran's nuclear program as a "nuclear weapons program", implying that it is accepted that Iran has a nuclear weapons program, when the IAEA has nothing to support such a claim. Don't hold your breath on the MSM giving such a notion any attention. We all know that most people will never even attempt to fact check and so it is easy for the MSM to imply certain things and the public will buy it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80d8c92f1cf7.jpg[/atsimg]

So, we have the US government telling us over and over again that Iran is a threat and we have the MSM propagating lies and spin about the nation and the American public is eating it up hook, line and sinker, without the slightest inkling to fact check what they are being told. In fact, many Americans, if not most, falsely believe that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a dictator, as opposed to the democratically elected President.

When you think about Iran and TPTB's campaign to demonize the democratically elected government of Iran, it is more than clear that a huge bullseye has been painted across their chest. Many people think it could be for the oil but the oil is already leaving Iran and although American companies could get it much cheaper, it doesn't seem worth the effort and cost spent on manipulating public opinion. However, if the IOB is successful, it could put an end to the USD as a standard for trading commodities and ultimately ending the supremacy of the USD around the globe. That, my friends would seem well worth the effort spent on demonizing Iran and her government.

I suggest reading this article, as well as the links below.

Further reading on Iraq ditching the dollar:

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
energybulletin.net...

Further reading on Iran ditching the dollar:

www.upi.com...
www.omantribune.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk... www.guardian.co.uk...
www.mortgagebrokers.ie...

Sources:

Global Research

Global Security
LiveLeak
Wikipedia
Media Propaganda on Iran
Downing Street Memo

--airspoon

[edit on 23-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I totally agree.

Iran is no where near obtaining Nuclear Weapons. I don't believe for a second, even without being under MAJOR watch, they are even within a decade of making "the bomb" and having a means to get it flown into Israel/Europe/U.S.

Us Canadians should be the ones slipping out some material and making secret Nuclear Weapons... I mean, the U.S IS our neighbor. =)

We do have some within our borders, but they are American.

VERY IMPORTANT/RELEVANT VIDEO:

[edit on 22-8-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Good Canadian rye whisky has devastated far more Yamkee livers than any canadian nuke could ever accomplish, and made us a tidy profit too!
Its our secret weapon!
First we get em drunk and then......well.......heheheheh go Canada!
oooops
My bad....Awsome post there buddy......i have to agree with the reasoning but the waiting is the hardest part it seems...
I sometimes wish theyd just get it over with .....all this posturing, makes ,me want to puke.
Im getting older every day, and theres no end in sight...
and after Iran, then Venezuela you think?

[edit on 22-8-2010 by stirling]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Many people believe Iran is being targeted for the oil but it isn't Iran's oil, so much as it is the world's oil and how it relates to the dollar.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
yet again you have cut through the propaganda and reveled the truth of the matter and i thank you for you for your op

xp

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Iran said there would be a response for the unjust sanctions, here comes the response, it is gonna hurt..

Very well thought out response also

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Yes! Yes, and Yes.

S+F airspoon, and I'm glad to have you on my friends list!

Finally, someone who understands that this is about more than just oil! It's about currency, and always has been.

Scott Taylor, was a good friend of my mother, and when he got back from his first trip to Iraq as a journalist, my parents had him over for dinner. I'd met him a few times before, and he was always a sharp, conservative-leaning journalist. I liked him. Plus, he looked like Alec Baldwin, and I thought that was awesome.

But this time was different. I didn't understand everything he said at the time, but looking back I realize how on the mark he'd been back in 2003. He talked about a lot of what the local Iraqi people had said they wanted, and how the TV news wasn't telling the real story of the occupation.

But more than anything he was insistent that the WMD story was a load of bull. He talked about how Iraq was trying to sell its oil in Euros, and how the U.S. and other non-European importers (like China) had a vested interest in keeping the U.S. dollar high. The way he explained it made perfect sense.

But at the time, I was still in support of the war, and very conservative myself; I was young... and this was back in 2003, a year before his kidnapping by Ansar-al Islam, but even then I could sense a definite change in his attitude. At first I thought he'd just gone off the deep end. But I did a lot of reading after that dinner, and found out about a lot of the macro-economic and strategic reasons for the war.

Suffice to say, his influence was part of the reason I eventually came to oppose the war in Iraq, and the whole War on Terror.

And it's good to hear someone else tell it in a well laid out and convincing way.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
S&F. Excellent work, airspoon.

And the fact that Iran's latest reactor at Bushehr was allowed to be fueled by Russia without an American or Israeli attack only further supports the notion that MSM is merely a propaganda tool for TPTB- and that there are other hidden reasons for the demonizing of Iran. Well, it's not a notion anymore, it is the fricken truth. How many threads are there around here are there now that support this truth? TONS!

Israel would have attacked already if there really was a nuclear weapon threat to them from Iran. But the fact is, there is no nuclear weapon threat from Iran.

It's funny to have been here all these years and watch so many people buy into the hype.
I've done at least three threads on the issue, if not more.

We also had a big thread on the Iranian oil bourse some time ago here.

Stay in tune to ATS and you will stay informed.

[edit on Mon Aug 23rd 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

You nailed it airspoon.

Anyone recall how 5 undersea fiber-optic cables were cut in the span of ~3 weeks when Iran tried to take their oil bourse on-line in 2008 ?

Bad to Worse: Fifth Undersea Cable Cut in Middle East
www.dailytech.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie

You nailed it airspoon.

Anyone recall how 5 undersea fiber-optic cables were cut in the span of ~3 weeks when Iran tried to take their oil bourse on-line in 2008 ?

Bad to Worse: Fifth Undersea Cable Cut in Middle East
www.dailytech.com...

I always wondered about that! Something seemed fishy to me, but with so much geo-political "noise" out there, it's often hard to tell why anything happens! This is an interesting connection you've made, and one well worth looking into I think!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

That's a pretty good story. Do you have any of the details from what he told you?

If you think about it, most reporters must know what's going on, though because of the stigma and the need to put food in your mouth, they stay mum. It's kind of aggravating, though in a weird way understandable at the same time. I believe your friend is critisized for his "opinions", though I'm not familiar with him at all. Does he actually report on this kind of stuff?

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Spot on. They've set themselves up for an invasion very nicely.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01c0757d379a.jpg[/atsimg]

I think the word "trapped" would be an understatement. Caspian oil is at stake here, not just dollar primacy.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I just updated the OP with a new video, though I didn't have enough space to annotate it. I recommend watching the video, as it gives good insight into the mind of the man behind 1000 myths.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I don't remember too many of the details - it was years ago, remember, and I was only 17.

I remember that at the time I thought China was going to be the next big enemy, and he explained how China and the U.S. were practically joined at the hip, and how for the most part they were on the same page when it came to keeping commodities traded on the dollar. That seems to be changing now, at least the rhetoric is, but back in 03 that was pretty spot-on.

The essence of what he said was that Iraq was just one more economic brush-fire that the Americans were trying to put out, and that the whole War on Terror was just a way to secure strategic reserves and protect the dollar while keeping the people in a passable mood. He mentioned the 2002 coup attempt in Venezuela as well, and said it was a part of the same thing. Not sure if he talked about the Color Revolutions as well, and the use of NGOs as intelligence assets - that could be all me.

He's always been a bit of a renegade. I used to read his magazine, Esprit de Corps, and he was always looking into corruption within the top ranks and wasted money and such. Investigating stuff for the boys, ye know? And hitting the top brass hard when they F'ed up. Not just spewing crap. We always had a copy of Esprit de Corps in the junior ranks mess when I was a reservist, but I doubt if they kept one in the officers' mess. =P

Ya, he's always been opinionated. He's written several books. I have the two he did on Yugoslavia: "Unicivil War", and "Inat". He had a unique perspective on everything, because he never went in embedded with the other correspondents - he always went independently. He'd just find a contact through back-channels, and pave his own way. It got him snubbed by a lot of the big media outlets I'm sure, but it led to some great insight in my opinion.

He just wrote another book I think, but I haven't read it. He doesn't do interviews very often, but he's written a few newspaper pieces.

As for the "opinions" he's been criticized for. Well, that's mostly got to do with his opposition to NATO intervention in Kosovo. He exposed some video manipulation on the part of NATO public relations, and other such stuff, and made himself a target. He's always been very pro-Serb since he started reporting on Yugoslavia back in the early nineties. And as you probably well know, it wasn't exactly easy to be sympathetic to the Serbs in the political climate back then. We had a lot of boys who did peacekeeping tours over there, and there were lots who would stand up for em, but what with the anti-Serb media overload back then, soldiers didn't want to talk too loud when they talked about it. And there were always plenty of stories from the other side.

Suffice to say, the guy's always been on the outside. He does his own research, and is a REAL journalist, not one of these million dollar hair-jobs you get on the evening new. It's one of those unique cases though, where I've been able to meet the guy several times, face to face. So I don't have to wonder about his credibility. The man's straight up. And I've got a finely-tuned BS detector. I always liked Taylor.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Great thread that you have put together

S&F

i totally agree

but Iran is not Irak
they know they can have enormous consequences if they start this new war

the part about what Amhadinejad said
i have been telling for a long time here that it was intentionaly misstranslated ..
he didnt tell to wipe Israel off the map ...like destroying it ...
i would of course disagree with that statement
lets add one word that the corrupted media removed
Israel REGIME needs to be wiped out
for that i agree 100%

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The false flag should be coming soon to rally everyone's support for war.

Good post. Once again, it's the bankers starting a war.
The bankers will then finance both sides to keep the war going.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Krzyzmo]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
BS disinformation.

The US dollar and the Euro are owned and managed by the same international bankster folk. I need look past the first paragraph. I choose not to read further for regret of disgust.

Do you know what you say or are you told what to say?
There are only two choices.
Neither one has grace or worth.

Human race?
What are you racing from?
Yourselves?
Foolish!

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
While I fully agree with your presentation op, A+++ on getting the facts all together and putting it in plain english. One question has always eluded me. How is it that in the 1940's we were able to construct an atomic weapon in only a matter of years yet it's been 60+ years and people refuse to believe that some of these other bigger countries lack the ability to do as we did? I know the size of the operation the Manhatten Project and such was performed but I still have to hold on to the opinion that we would be absolute fools to believe that other countries could not achieve what we did so long ago, with much less technology. I live not far from where the silos were constructed to disguise some of the projects that went on in Western New York state, and have spoken to many elders from the area that remember a time before my existance, and looking back on it we had some pretty crude camo and ways to hide things. Now I know we have satellites in space that they didn't have and more technology to "see things" but now I'm just rambling. Star & Flag for you.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I completely agree, but and iraq never was able to make the transition to the euro. Is there an approximate date on when he will make this transition.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
BS disinformation.

The US dollar and the Euro are owned and managed by the same international bankster folk. I need look past the first paragraph. I choose not to read further for regret of disgust.

Do you know what you say or are you told what to say?
There are only two choices.
Neither one has grace or worth.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Perseus Apex]

While i'm totally against any military actions forwarded towards Iran , I agree with Perseus Apex regarding the dollar and the euro.

Like Iraq, when Bush after a couple of years of war was looking for weapons of mass destruction under his speech table , Iran's nuclear program is a diversion and is not the real reason of any eventual conflict , but neither is the one presented in the first post. Just my opinion

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join