It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you noticed YET, the TV is all ABOUT Cops!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
An observation I made 30 years or so ago.
Cop shows run in cycles: none, a couple, too many, none, a couple, too many.
It's a market that saturates very easily.

What I want to know is what happened to westerns. I like westerns. Even when they're westerns about cops.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
If someone wants you dead they just use the police like they tried with my life. The police do not care if you do nothing wrong, they are just a bunch of serial killers waiting for any person they can to kill or torture.

My life has proven that tv cops are far away from reality of police trying to kill for there friends.

My life has proven that TV cops are exactly like most real cops. Most of them you would NEVER know were a cop unless they told you. You've probably been smiled and waved at by an off duty cop without knowing it. They're usually quite friendly.

I do not watch tv except for the shows i pick, and i am glad.

Seeing how the sickos twist reality to fit there lies is so absurd and the people believe the fact the police are the good people, lol.

Actually, you're buying into the propaganda that all cops are bad. Most cops are people that wanted to help their communities, do something exciting, and have decent health benefits.

Some cops are screwed up, just like some people are screwed up. I would trust any of the cops I know with my life, and I can't say the same for most suvillians.

My father-in-law has devoted his life to starting a child sexual abuse task force, and my wife's best friend was one of the first little girls saved by it. He is one of the best men I've ever met. He truly cares about public safety, and whenever he really snaps on people during stops is when he feels they were endangering that safety.

Police = murderers, as much as any of the baddest serial killers there are.

My brother-in-law and father-in-law have been cops for 4 years and 18 years respectively, and neither has fired their weapon on or off duty. I only know of two cops out of the 30 or so that I know that have killed someone on duty. We live in a highly populated area of So-Cal, so we aren't talking Andy Griffith here.

Both of the officer involved shootings I know of were in shootouts with gang members.

Most of my family is in law enforcement, and many of my friends are. A VERY small fraction of LEOs are bad... most are just doing their job and supporting their families. Many care very deeply about the communities they live in.

Hating all cops because some are bad is like hating the entire human race because some are bad. It just doesn't make any sense.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by iandh]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The answer is really simple. If a person wants to hate the police, to generalize them as "serial killers", one and all, or as a corrupt body without any redeeming members - then just refrain from calling 911 when you need help.

This way all those corrupt and evil public servants won't show up to help when you wreck your car or get robbed.

Problem solved.

<< 1   >>

join