It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you noticed YET, the TV is all ABOUT Cops!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hell, look at MSNBC, on the weekends, all they do is cover sick, perverted, abhorrent people in lockup. Then, when you watch other channels, there are numerous other “supposed” law enforcement shows. They ALL LIE about what is REAL.

Just wondering, have YOU told your family that what they see on the propaganda tube, is just that, PROPAGANDA?

My GOD, or MY atheist! ¾ of what is on the propaganda tube is Law Enforcement Propaganda. These shows are all LIES.

Do you REALLY believe that if someone wants YOU dead, that the LEO’s are going to solve the case? Hell, they cannot even solve the bike theft down the road. They have people that I would not EVEN hire show up to your crime scene!

Remember this folks, you either protect yourself, or you are ************!

Tell me, I would like ONE time for anyone to tell me about a situation where the LEO’s ACTUALLY prevented a crime. Please, just ONE example. Do a google search and attempt to discredit my assertion.

You either PROTECT yourself, or you are mistreated. Please, dispute my assertion, I would LOVE for anyone to prove me wrong!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Tell me, I would like ONE time for anyone to tell me about a situation where the LEO’s ACTUALLY prevented a crime. Please, just ONE example. Do a google search and attempt to discredit my assertion.

You either PROTECT yourself, or you are mistreated. Please, dispute my assertion, I would LOVE for anyone to prove me wrong!

OK:

Four years ago, a group of young Muslim men conspired to send Ottawa a deadly message. Enraged by Canada’s military involvement in Afghanistan, and fuelled by violent jihadi videos, they plotted to storm Parliament Hill and detonate truck bombs in downtown Toronto. The goal was to cause catastrophic damage, cripple the economy and unleash mass carnage.
After lengthy investigations by Canada’s spy agency (CSIS) and the RCMP, involving hundreds of police officers and more than 82,200 intercepted calls, a group of 14 adults and four youths were arrested in the summer of 2006.

www3.thestar.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Alright, what I have read SO FAR, it was a group of men that were attempting to commit a heinous act.

Did THEY commit it? I will read some more.

Tell me, what RIGHT are you willing to give up to prevent this again?

Maybe, we should allow vid cams in our houses?

Maybe, we should allow our women to be strip searched?

Maybe, we should implement strip searches and incremental road blocks as necessary?

I will look further into this. But I have to ask you, WHAT level of intrusion is TOO far for you? Is there a limit? Should we start rounding up those that could POSSIBLY be a future threat?

WHAT exactly are you willing to give up?

That is one thing peeps like YOU, do NOT want to talk about. YOU do not want to define the line. What happens when the LEO's go over the line?

What happens when they take YOUR wife for EXTRACURRICULAR or EXTRA-RENDITION type torture? You happy with that? I think YOU are a hypocrite! I think YOU do not want the Responsibility of your own life and you will circumnavigate the freedoms inherent to our lives.

YOU sir, are more dangerous to MY security, than ANY possible terrorist.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Hey dude, you asked a question and I answered it. I didn't know this was going to be just a bash cops thread.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
My father-in-law is a detective, and he is one hell of a good man. In fact, he's repeatedly refused promotions within the department because he just wants to stay on the streets and fight crime, and doesn't want to get involved in the politics of the department, or any of the schemes the higher-ups have going.

In fact, almost that entire side of my family works for law enforcement, and they are all just amazing people. I've heard plenty of stories about bad cops, but that doesn't mean they're all bad. Some are really good people that just are trying to make a difference... what they get as a reward is hatred from the public, hatred from the bad cops in their department, and oftentimes an early death by heart attack.

It's pretty damn sad IMO.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
please resume television programming.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

WOW.....

I really would like to say something else but that's all that comes to mind..

WOW....

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I've noticed. Therefore, star and flag to you. It's such blatant propaganda; how can anyone be so obtuse as not to see it.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I have NOOOOOOO problem with LAW enforcement officers!

I have PROBLEMS with statute enforcement officers.

Sorry, when younger, I had ALL kinds of run ins. I spent my time (county only) and NEVER harmed another person. Never ONCE harmed another person. But woahhhh, I was told that I was a CRIMINAL. Until I learned that to be a CRIMINAL, I had to ACTUALLY harm another person.

All the STATUTES I broke NEVER harmed anyone.

Just for those reading, NEVER did I harm, steal, or cause ANY ill will to another. BUT, I broke STATUTES enacted by the government.

Better get them evil JAYWALKERS! Better get them EVIL speeders, Better get them EVIL registration violators, Better get them EVIL..................

Sorry Intrepid, I actually respect TRUE LEO's, ARE YOU ONE?!

You do know what LAW IS? Maybe if you are a policeman, instead of an officer of the LAW-Sheriff appointed official, maybe you should understand those of us that ARE SICK AND TIRED OF THE BULL#!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I see this thread subject as education about television conditioning regarding law enforcement. The media puts this type of information out to the exclusion of other subjects, thereby encouraging more of what they portray.
Yes, I taught my kids that TV is conditioning. It has served them well.
How did I learn this? Simple. I read.
You make me grateful that I cut off the TV, and I now get my news from varied sources, which often provide links to more resources thereby allowing me to intensively research information, allowing me to make my own determination. My kids do the same.
Feeling very grateful.
Thank you.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

That is one thing peeps like YOU, do NOT want to talk about. YOU do not want to define the line. What happens when the LEO's go over the line?

What happens when they take YOUR wife for EXTRACURRICULAR or EXTRA-RENDITION type torture? You happy with that? I think YOU are a hypocrite! I think YOU do not want the Responsibility of your own life and you will circumnavigate the freedoms inherent to our lives.

your being very accusatory, do you think that is going to help your case? it will only turn people off.

in the presented example it is only hypothetical that a crime was commited, in fact what occured, was law enforcment reacting to a crime already commited, that of conspiring to commit (insert crime here).

it isnt a cops job to prevent crime, it is only their job to find anyone who has or is commiting a crime, then capture or fine them and turn them over to the courts, if they stop someone from doing something that might become a crime yet is not already then they would be infringing on their rights.

it realy is up to every individual to be the crime preventer of themselves.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

There have been numerous instances of off duty officers stopping robberies in progress. In fact, I personally know one that has.

I've been reading your posts and it just seems that you hate cops. I know something like 30 cops by first name, and only about 10% of them are what I consider to be bad... funny, the ratio of bad cops to good cops is similar to the ratio of bad people to good people.

IME people with the deepest hatred/fear of cops are often the ones that know them the least.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by iandh]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I must say that I see this thread as simply cop bashing. Your OP hinted at some sort of social debate, but you quickly digressed and lost all credibility.

In my experience, the ones that complain the most about law enforcement are the ones that break the laws. If you are a law-abiding citizen contributing to our society, than you should have nothing to fear or complain about.

I have family in law enforcement too and have done many ride-alongs. I have seen them place themselves in danger to prevent others from getting hurt. I have seen several crimes-in-progress interrupted and stopped. No, I am not talking about bike theft, I am talking about violent crimes where someone was being hurt or at risk of being hurt.

Further more, there are many, many other ways that law enforcement officers contribute to helping those of us that seem to hate them so much. Such as stopping someone from taking thier own life at the risk of getting themselves hurt. This happens quite often. They pick up dead animals from the middle of the road, often times tracking down the owner or taking them to a vet, they find lost children, they find run-aways, they respond to many OD's (often police are EMT's) and are sometimes the first on scene to give first aid. My family member has provided CPR in the field numerous times and even saved a couple of lives. He has helped the coroner with removal of dead bodies and held and comforted friends and family members at many types of scenes.

Our men and women in blue are not just there to cater to those of you who will do all you can to discredit them. MOST of them perform their job because they care about the society they live in and want to contribute the biggest way they can.

So tell me OP, how many lives have YOU saved? How many crimes have YOU stopped? How many hands have you held and mourning strangers have YOU comforted?

What else have you done to contribute to your society other than complain about the institution that has held you to the same standard the rest of us have managed to live up to?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

lol my wife mentioned this to me just today. She said have you noticed all the shows coming out are lawyer, or cop shows. I don't watch much TV but have been noticing this trend.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

This is no example of cops preventing a crime… this is an example of cops (the RCMP & the Canadian Security Intelligence Service - CSIS) orchestrating a crime. In other words “An Inside Job.”

To get a detailed overview of this hoax:
www.youtube.com...

The Toronto terror hoax known as the “Toronto 18” happened in the summer 2006 where 18 young Muslims got arrested and charged with taking steps to acquire components to build a bomb using ammonium nitrate (fertilizer). The timing of the arrest just so happened to coincide with the governments plan to review its anti-terrorists laws. Up until that time many critics of the proposed anti-terrorism legislation said that it went too far but with this convenient threat the legislation got re-examined.

To summarize the RCMP orchestration:

The RCMP planned the event of the mockery training,
The RCMP drove the van with the fertilizer to the site they’ve chosen,
The RCMP owned, brought and carried, for all the time, the only gun that appeared in this case,
The RCMP suggested the purchase of the fertilizer,
The RCMP contacted the faked seller,
The RCMP purchased the faked powder…no one of the 18 suspects ever saw it.
The RCMP rented the space for 3 monh, just a block away from the RCMP regional head quarters (there are only 12 RCMP detachments in Ontario) where they accused the suspects of keeping the fertilizer.
RCMP provided the driver to deliver the fertilizer to the storage space that they rented.

Setting aside the original founding of the RCMP (in 1873, the Canadian Government formed the North-West Mounted Police which was to drive Indians off the land as settlers moved across western Canada), the RCMP were committing many illegal acts in the 70s such as hundreds of break-ins, burglaries and arson. In fact the RCMP was so bad that their crimes sparked the MacDonald Inquiry into Certain Acts of the RCMP. That inquiry led to the CSIS Act and CSIS became operational in 1984. Now CSIS (Canadian CIA) is as bad or worse than the RCMP.

Not a good idea to try to defend the integrity of police institutions… especially today.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
If someone wants you dead they just use the police like they tried with my life. The police do not care if you do nothing wrong, they are just a bunch of serial killers waiting for any person they can to kill or torture.

My life has proven that tv cops are far away from reality of police trying to kill for there friends.

I do not watch tv except for the shows i pick, and i am glad.

Seeing how the sickos twist reality to fit there lies is so absurd and the people believe the fact the police are the good people, lol.

Police = murderers, as much as any of the baddest serial killers there are.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Police = murderers, as much as any of the baddest serial killers there are.

I wouldn't go that far.... there are some good policeman because there are some good people in this world. But the institution is corrupt... the higher up you go the more corrupt it gets. I agree that what you see on TV is crap...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
...and the cop haters crawl out in force.

This is why I normally just pass over these types of threads. This is a good reminder for me as to why I do it.

Moving on....

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
TV is all about cops, hospitals and murders.

In other words it is about criminals, deaths and deaths.

That is why it is lovely to watch re-reuns of Friends and programmes like that.

Oh, and it is all about cooking as well. Who wants to watch cooking?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I forgot to say it is also about people's body image and crap so-called realism.

In fact, there is nothing good on TV any more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join