It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numbers Numbers Numbers. What is the symbolism behind them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The numbers 52 and 25 specifically? What do they mean; Also 11:11. I always see those numbers on the clock. Here is the thing. Whenever I am stressed I see the number 52, (Now I might sound whacko, but this is what ATS is for)
But when I see it I remind myself to calm down(because I am in situations where I need to relax). Now there might not be any symbolism behind numbers but for all of you what are your experiences with different numbers? I associate the number 25 with the opposite of 52 for some reason, meaning be on alert and cautious. Whenever I see the number 25 I am in a situation when I need to not relax but be alert. Anyone have any experiences with numbers like this? Maybe I have a mental disorder

This discussion is opened to any kind of number; I just talked about those 2 numbers specifically. So ATS what are your experiences with numbers and symbolism?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Oh my gosh, that is too funny! The way you are presenting this!

I'm not sure what you mean, like how often do you see 25, and 52? Under what circumstances? Are they on paper, like a receipt? A clock? How often do you see them?

As for the numbers on the clock, I am convinced it's a phenomenon of digital clocks. If we didn't have them, would you even notice?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You know, I believe that at one time, we all understood the real meaning of numbers. They are significant in every way. I think that over millenia, we had the importance of their meaning stolen from us. I think we were "dumbed down", so to speak. Stupid sheeple are happy, easily controlled sheeple, know what I mean?

Now , on topic, I see 11:11, also. Another frequent one for me is 2:22. That number feels important to me, but I have no idea why??

[edit on 8/22/10 by jennybee35]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Mostly digital clocks; But anywhere. For example. I am running late for work, and I am stressing about getting my rent paid. I have 100 errands I have to accomplish and I am highly stressed. First thing I see is the number 52 (like a house number) but it is also associated with digital clocks. 12:52, or 12:25. I am not the kind of person who is let’s say a "tweaker" or someone strung out and paranoid. But it is just the amount of times I have seen these numbers in situations like I describe that fascinates me. In situations when I need to relax I see 52. Always. In situations when I have to be alert and cautious I see 25.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

That is interesting. Not being able to answer why you see those numbers so often, and what they mean, I look forward to replies where somebody might be able to help you out.

For a while I was always seeing 2:22, 3:33, and 4:44.

I haven't seen any particular combination for a while now, though. I guess my window of opportunity vanished, if I was supposed to be getting some sort of message!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Same here with 738 I see it all the time. Plate numbers,cop car numbers, in movies it's a pretty constant for me for years..so often that before July ,3 2008 I actually worried about dying on that date. Most people say it's our brains picking patterns we are looking for. So if our eyes get a glipmse of it our attention is automatically drawn to it..

I wish someone could figure this out..I would like to know..

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I've been seeing it a lot more lately too! The patterns are everywhere and becoming more frequent. Or even weird stuff like looking up at night and seeing a shooting star is even happening more.

I even found a 5 leaf clover!

Now, I've been searching my wholeee life for a 4 leaf clover and I got a 5!!

I have to pay more attention to when I'm stressed maybe there is a number.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
About 10 years ago the whole "222" thing started for me. See it everywhere, but I think I was looking for it. Really I think we can pick any combination of numbers and they will pop out to us if we think they are special. I also see "242" a lot and for the longest time I associated it with bad things happening but honestly, I'm not sure which is bad and which is good. "222" and "242" pop up in some rather interesting places but usually nothing bad or exceptionally good happens. A few times I was able to associate either of the numbers to a good or bad event so for a while I said one was good and the other was bad, now they are all jumbled up so who's to say?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
awhile back i was into memorizing pi, had/have about a hundred digits (kinda like learning a [pi]ece of music) anyway i wake up in the middle of the night and look over at the digiatl clock nearby...

3:14!!!! OMG the instant my eyes register this there is a great flash in the room omg i'm typing this soooo fast cuz it was scary and its hard to remember ouch my heart instantly beats really fast and doesn't stop even when i learn it was lightning, the very beginning of a storm....true story, creeped me out

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I have been seeing crazy digital numbers ever since I joined ATS.
Probably because some of the other members have mentioned the significance of those numbers as well. I sometimes notice it when 11:11 shows up on a digital clock. I just remembered that one of the other ATS members mentioned that 11:11 is supposed to correspond with December 24, 2012 some how. Don't remember how though. I also notice that 4:44 also show up quite often. When I'm in a hurry, I often look at a clock, so my chances of odd numbers showing up may increase.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

well, first you have to understand that numbers are no more than manifestations that we can identify with "digits" - namely 1 to 9. that is really all the numbers there are, 1 to 9.

they are just like name tags, or maybe even personalities/egos of what lies under all things that we can see, hear, touch, taste, and smell...which is vibrational energy.

they are signatures of a portion of that energy, sort of like frequencies.

so, even though we, ourselves, are structured by this same energetic force, we also affect that force with our thoughts and actions...and our reactions or lack thereof.

and so we each have our own vibratory signature that can be roughly expressed with a number, or in some cases, numbers.

look at your life - at ALL the numbers that have ever been associated with you by whatever means for whatever purpose.

such as phone numbers, addresses, license plates, professional licenses, etc.
if you look closely enough and have a fairly good memory, you will notice that one (or sometimes two) numbers are so frequently included, above the others, that they seem like active participants in your life.

well, they are!
it is/they are the echoes and reverberations of your being.
it is/they are the key in which your inner self sings its song.
it is/they are not only an echo but also a product and an influence.

like ripples in a pond or maybe more akin to the shockwave from a mushroom cloud.

do ya dig?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is generally dismissed as being your mind filtering out the "noise" of lots of data and seeing patterns where none exist. For example, seeing "11:11" on a clock is something that can happen for two minutes a day. If you happen to look at a clock during those two minutes, you're going to say "whoa! 11:11!" But if you look at it at 11:12 or 4:56, you're not going to say "whoa! Not 11:11!"

In other words, you look at a clock a lot, but it's not notable if your numbers aren't there, so you ignore the fact that you looked at the clock. Your experience with the clock is only notable if your numbers are there, and those are the times you think anything of it, not the 50 times you looked at the time and it was 3:00 or 4:20

About the only way that you could prove that there's anything to this would be to have some means of marking every time that you see a group of numbers, and marking every time that you see your unusual 52, 25 or 11:11 and then seeing if it's statistically relevant. That seems a daunting task, and the skeptic would look at your data and say that you missed something anyway.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by adjensen]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It is indeed a great topic to talk on as am not sure if we know enough.

But one thing for certain is that there is Magic in numbers...

The number system 1-9 (of course the all important '0') is of unlimited importance.

there are a lot of instances that stand out as xtraordinary.
For eg: funny how all multiples of 9 add up to 9!

There is definitely a story & a secret behind numbers and we are totally unaware or uneducated about it...

Cheers

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Concerning 25 and 52 specifically, what you have to note is that both are expressions of a basic 7, which generally has to do with anxiety, and usually unnecessary anxiety. That said, the 25/7 is more erratic and aggressive than the 52/7 expression.

This will help illustrate it - The Tarot card that is associated with 25/7 is the Knight of Wands, and this knight is reckless and emotional. The general indication is change that is unexpected, and that is imposed upon you. This is a knight who does not have the gift of persistence, but he sure can make an impact while he lasts.

The Tarot card that is associated with 52/7 is the Queen of Swords, and while she is as aggressive as the knight I just described, her focus is much more deliberate and finely tuned. Again, the indication is change, but it is initiated by this queen, as she is not one to be imposed upon.

The difference between the two is the difference between a tornado and a hurricane. As to why you're seeing these numbers, I once was with an old girlfriend and we were driving down the main street of a New England city one afternoon, and she pointed out a guy she called The Walking Man. Tall and broad shouldered, he had a very distinctive walk, and he walked wherever he went in town. She said "See that guy?" I said "Yeah." She then said "Now you'll see him everywhere." And she was right. For the next 5 years, he was literally everywhere I looked.

It took moving from that town to finally get him out of my field of vision. He'd always been there, but once she made him noticeable to me, he became omnipresent. You might be dealing with that same sort of thing with these two numbers. If it's not that, then get ready for a change, and then for a change by way of your own aggressive response to that change. Apparently, according to the 7 indicated, it'll cause some needless anxiety, so keep that in mind.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think that it might just be my subconscious, waiting to see those numbers. But if 25 are unexpected then I would always be expecting the worse.

new topics

top topics

join