It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ghost I saw in london

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This happenned some years ago. I was employed as a window dresser in a shop that has long been demolished. Gamages in Oxford St London. The era was 1974. I had just finished college and was taken on for a short period, as the shop was due to close. I had been there for about 3 months and it was approaching the xmas period. I was sitting upstairs in the display room having my lunch one afternoon on my own reading a book, when suddenly the hairs on the back of my neck stood up, something made me look up and thats when I saw a figure hovering infront of me, about 2ft away, I continued to stare at it, I wasn't frightened just facinated. The figure stayed there for some time, a minute or so, it was a misty substance, similar to a thick fog, blackish in colour, no features as such, the shape was that of a man, in sort of forties clothes, i.e. a hat, and a heavy overcoat. I looked away at least twice and when I looked up it was there each time, it was hovering a few inches above the floor and the outline was blurry. Anne who was the other window dresser was due back to work after a lenghty period of illness, she was working on the saturday that I was off, so having not seen her for weeks, I couldn't wait to tell her what I had seen. On the Monday morning after our excitable hugs and hellos, Anne blurted out what had occurred to her on the Saturday, her first day back at work. The story echoed mine, with the exception that the fiqure instead of being in the room stood on the top of the stairs looking down at her as she was summoned to dress one of the windows. Well we were so surprised at the coincidence of our stories, that we approached the display manager and he advised us to see the manager of the shop. We were both apprehensive incase he would treat the whole thing as a joke, but he was very interested in what we had to say, and pointed out something that I have'nt mentioned up to now, and that is the top floor of the shop had lots of rooms that were kept locked, I had often wondered why, and now there seemed to be a reasonable explaination, the manager said that the rooms were used during the second world war as a hospital area, apparently that was a usual practice. If Anne is ever reading this do please reply.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Very intresting,

Seems like the shop had its own ghosts presant,

I wonder if you could find out the full history of the shop might be an intresting find, or even find out who that man may have been,

You should do some research on this, see what you can find out,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us,

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
that is pretty creepy... too bad it was so long ago....
I wonder what would happen to a ghost that inhibits a place for so long and the place is demolished...=\

new topics

join