It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hidden Beauty in Insect Eggs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
While browsing through the National Geographic website, I came across this article that shows beautiful pictures of small insect eggs. Never would I have thought a small insect's egg could display such amazing detail and hold such beauty. Some look like something you would find in a sci fi alien movie. Weird looking, but amazing all in the same.

Engineered for survival, insect eggs hang on and hatch wherever their parents deposit them. The eggs in this story range in diameter from 0.7 to 2 millimeters. The images were made with a scanning electron microscope, which uses beams of electrons to trace the surfaces of objects. The resulting black-and-white images were then colored to reflect the eggs’ natural appearance

Source

Sorry I couldn't embed an actual picture(only links), not too sure on how to do that...anyway I hope everyone enjoys these as much as I did. Milkmustache out...

I know I put this in the wrong category, how do I move it to the correct one?

[edit on 22-8-2010 by milkmustache]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hello milkmustache, just wanted to let ya know someone beat ya to it on this one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

peace

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Booyah, that they did, even was able to embed the pictures. Their thread is all around better than mine, looks like ole Milkmustache lost out on this one...back to the drawing boards.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
nature is great,evry animal is great.

top topics

join