It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In their OWN WORDS. Problems with the media!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well, let us just look at the standard propaganda tube.

First, Iraq was a war that was not authorized-

Next it was the war that was a loss-

Next it was Bush’s Lies on Iraq-

NOW, OBAMA has WON in Iraq!-

www.realclearpolitics.com...

I am sorry; this is just TOTAL and UTTER insanity.
Please, those of you with an IOTA of brains left, let us get the insanity out of the government.

Why do you think MSNBC is replacing Olbermann the propaganda spewing mouthpiece for the Obama Administration, with the likes of Chunk, erm, I mean Cenk.

You are not supposed to affiliate the lies from one to the next, the exact same scenario as your political landscape.

Can we NOT just put aside our differences and elect people that will QUIT the globalization and slavery agenda?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well at least it's not Fox that's being reamed this time. I do like a little change in my partisan politics. What's the issue? I don't get it. We KNOW all of the media outlets are partisan. Just depends on what your political bent is.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

saltheart foamfollower

Follow the 'OLD' prehistoric party political line and all we will get is the SAME as before !!..

I did not listen to the videos but looked at your Avatars and Imagery and thought...hmm this OP does not like the current Administration..

Being British and not having any interest in American politics it saddens me to see 'Blatant' political messaging on a site looking for answers, new ways to do things and NOT to just complain...

If you can't remember, it was the other 'LOT' that has got America into the Mess it's in with the Greed mentality......

Will you ever learn ??

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Well of Course you did not listen to the vids.

Just as everyone else has not listened to the message
FROM BOTH parties! THEY ARE THE SAME!
THEY are the same ol rotten message. We will solve your problems
if you ONLY elect me! Yes, look at my signature!
DO NOT TREAD ON ME!
Hell, would you like me to put a money that has BUSH on it?!
Sorry, nothing AS STUPID as that was ever considered!?
Pfffft, since you are the UK, maybe you should check out your
austerity measures being implemented. NOW, if that was the US,
I would be cheering my ass off. Of course, that would HAVE to
be coupled with EVERY government official getting an unemployment
check. That would be at least a 60% spending savings.

reply to post by intrepid

Jeez, I though you might have gotten the message their intrepid. Just maybe.

What exactly is the difference between the TWO parties here in the states?

Oh, I forgot, they BOTH can spend our money like druken sailors.

WAIT A MINUTE, at least the drunken sailors SPEND THEIR OWN DAMN
MONEY!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I used to listen to The Herd on espn radio at work, and olberman at the end of the show was horrible. Either way he is still a mouthpiece for the man.

No matter wich side you look at it from, THE MAN is THE MAN. And he will attempt to control you/me/the general public.
attempt is a terrible use of the word as he WILL control.
"IM FROM THE GOVERNMENT AND IM HERE TO HELP"

I appreciate your post, but people happy with their STATE controlled thinking, right or left, will continue to think in the STATE approved mentality.

HAIL THE STATE
HAIL THE MAN
HAIL......whatever you have been told

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by godsenddeath

DAMN!

You get it, why do the people not get it?

Propaganda? Or willful ignorance?

I think it has to do with neither, they want security, even if it means giving up EVERYTHING!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

First, I don't think anyone is saying Obama has won the Iraq war. Did he follow through on his promise to remove combat troops from Iraq? Yes.

Second, Cenk isn't replacing Olbermann...he was a stand in for the Ed Show the other night. That's about it.

Finally, I do like that New American Dollar in your signature, where'd you get it? I've always enjoyed the look and feel of the Euro, could probably use a better picture of the president though.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Dear OP:

You sound like a mouthpiece, and a one-issue pony. You really hate Obama THAT much?

I'm not one to normally say this sort of thing, but you strike me as a hired gun.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by RedBird]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Oh, I forgot, they BOTH can spend our money like druken sailors.

WAIT A MINUTE, at least the drunken sailors SPEND THEIR OWN DAMN
MONEY!

thats funny, and so true,

its clear the problems in this country are comeing from both parties, i can always tell when someone is completly mislead and brainwashed by propaganda when they start sayin democrats this - and republicans that. this polarizing is only a clever tactic to divide and distract us.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

saltheart foamfollower

I have now watched the videos and I can see the same old B/S that we know the media puts out, depending on whichever political bias you favour..

You say that
"FROM BOTH parties! THEY ARE THE SAME!"

My initial observation was, why then if you are frustrated with the 'Both Parties' system do you have images and avatars being derogatory to the current President and party? If you are looking for change or a 'new' solution then can I suggest that you show an Impartial nature and not try to subliminally present a message.....

Regarding the UK austerity measures............ I do agree with you that they are required and that the 'FAT' in the public or state sector needs to be trimmed... I have suggested that for a while now..
I know in the USA there are also alot of Government employees whom are 'surplus' to requirements.......

BUT bear this in mind, in the UK people are worried and getting upset about forth-coming Budget cuts to be announced in October I think (?)... these are only the first of three or four years of cuts or budget 'adjustments'.... When I speak to people they believe that cuts will happen and then in time we will get back to as we were...!?! I find it amazing that most are unaware that as a culture and Capitalist society, we have to accept that things will be tougher and our consumption has to reduced, which in turn means a change to our expectations.....This takes time, like turning a big ship regardless of who is the captain.....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Im thinking its both stated reasons.

Possibly STATE run endoctrination facilities. Fueling propaganda, and a willingness to submit.

WHAM!! a big STATE sponsored kick in the teeth before you can even grasp the concept.

HAIL THE STATE

new topics

top topics

join