It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing speech. We need to support him!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by zerocd
He confronts police on a very regular basis.

So have the majority of the prison population.

Perhaps if you are to made to join them unjustly you will have a different opinion. Did I take your meaning correctly or was it just a flippant one line comment?

0CD

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zakd619

Brilliant!! This guy is an absolute SYMBOL of the Indigo/Crystal movement!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Oh yesss, one more great speech. Fight for something, arm yourself, do something.
What the most of the new age cellaries dont get is, they have created this matrix of power. It was their demand to have everything by doing nothing, all for freeeeeee. If everything is free who will want to do something or produce?
If you look at the humanity, you must be honest that not all of them deserve a better life! More people are de-evolving day by day back into apes.
The so called TPTB can only react on how humans acting! No action gives no reaction. Like on a computer: No Input gives No Output!
When the war begins step aside and let the brainless, unintelligent god believers go and kill themselves. You know that no matter what you do, you will not be able to stop them!! Than there is only one thing you can do "encourage" them to go to war. Who does not understand the purpose of war is a dead man anyway.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

He confronts police on a very regular basis.

So have the majority of the prison population.

Perhaps if you are to made to join them unjustly you will have a different opinion.

What I stated is completely independent of my experience or prospects in life, don't you think? Don't read too much into that, and into what Charlie has to say.

People have hobbies. That's cool. The one that Charlie chose is called "confronting police". From his videos, it's obvious that he's clueless about the way a society works or should work (just take his mumbling about agricultural revolution). Apart from coolness factor, either real or perceived, he's inconsequential.

I can imagine what happens to poor Charlie if you put him into agrarian society of his dreams. He'd have to work the fields under scorching sun all day long and then get up at 3am to feed the cow (I've done this, it's no fun). Then he will start missing his beloved YouTube greatly, and feel unimportant because he won't be able to preach his greatness to the crowds anymore. And if he has toothache, he's out of luck because there aren't any medical supplies left in his imaginary anarchic countryside world.

If he's a Khmer Rouge of the 21st century, he's clearly a fake because he's just a pampered spoiled brat. But just as Khmer Rouge, he has dangerous delusions brooding in his mind and at times sounds homicidal. Yukes!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Seriously? He would LOVE to live like that. So would I. Yes it is a lot of work but you have a completely clean concience. It's not just about peace it's about clean air, clean water, quality and fulfilling life. I would work my rear off for such a life.

Edit: I would settle for not supporting the military industrial complex by proxy, but "agrarian society of his dreams" would indeed be something special.

The "peace of mind" is more by not supporting wars and the "slave system" To live in tune with nature would be great but at that point it's just a bonus

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Novise]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Novise

Seriously? He would LOVE to live like that. So would I. Yes it is a lot of work but you have a completely clean concience. It's not just about peace it's about clean air, clean water, quality and fulfilling life. I would work my rear off for such a life.

Then just start a farm and invite Charlie. Nothing like manual labor to clear up fogged up minds.

If Charlie saved all the money he spent on travel worldwide to "confront police" everywhere and on the batteries for his little megaphone, he could have acquired a decent patch of land and, along with his "love police" followers, set an example for the rest of us. I'm waiting. But... don't hold your breath.

Screaming through the megaphone and on YouTube is instant gratification. Charlie isn't capable of anything else.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ah, Charlie Veitch, the love police guy from England. He got arrested in Toronto during the G20 this summer.

I just saw an interview with him. Through satire he is always pointing out the issue with space (not outerspace, "space" as in the environment around you that you move through) and right to move through it and be in it. Reclaiming public space and decriminalizing social behavior that is not solely for the purpose of shopping and consuming.

On that note, I would like to see him go to California sometime with his bullhorn. When I was living in L.A., I ran into some people passing out literature about George Soros in a big shopping plaza in El Segundo. I remember reading a sign in front of the Whole Foods (where their table of pamphlets was set up) that said "We do not support the messages of the people who distribute their literature here, but due to [law such and such], we are obliged to allow them to distribute it" or something to that effect.

The point was that the nature of city-living, especially in Los Angeles, lends itself to socialization through consumerism and as such, the park or town square has been replaced by private shopping plazas and as such, despite being private property, they have to allow free speech there. I agree and I bet he would too. It'd make good social commentary if he went there.

For those of you who do not recognize him, I recommend youtubing him and his videos, mostly shot in London.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Sphota]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Totally, NOT impressed! Yes, we've ALL heard it before. Plus, I seriously doubt if Charlie, would stand-up, to real farm life. Hard work, is HARD. Typing on a keyboard, or yellimg into a megaphone, is easy, in comparison. Heck, in jail, he was fed, 3x/day.
I'm building a Ranch/Farm, right now. It is taking a LOT of money, and a lot of hard work. IF the Great Collapse (TM) holds-off, for another 3 years, we will be completly independant (the people in my valley, not just my farm).
We will have our own fuel, food, water, medicine (natural), entertainment, schools, and- lots of good friends.
Surely, charlie could have this, IF he truly wanted it. I think, he just enjoys having an audience. Playing for the people. If he really wants to be a martyr, it will be arranged.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i tired to show this mans speech to my younger 13 year old brother,
i went into his room while he was watching tv and said i needed to show him a video. he muted the t.v as i clicked play, about halfway he totally lost intrest.. it was funny because i told him at the start of the video if he cant watch the whole thing or understand it then hes brainwashed...
i wish i wasnt right, this man.. is speaking how most of us here feel.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise

Then just start a farm and invite Charlie. Nothing like manual labor to clear up fogged up minds.

If Charlie saved all the money he spent on travel worldwide to "confront police" everywhere and on the batteries for his little megaphone, he could have acquired a decent patch of land and, along with his "love police" followers, set an example for the rest of us. I'm waiting. But... don't hold your breath.

Screaming through the megaphone and on YouTube is instant gratification. Charlie isn't capable of anything else.

That's not fair. Maybe Charlie has responsibilities and people he doesn't want to leave, so he needs to be within society to that end. For myself, going off and starting a farm would be nothing less than running away from my family, friends, and my life situation. This is not the sort of world where that sort of thing is going to help. So reading about people who are well-to-do and spending half a mil to "go off the grid on 100+ acres of bought land (which they will pay property taxes on)" really doesn't do it for me anyway.

We can't go off the grid if we are going to be here for our family and friends, we won't abandon them to some selfish life out in lala land. Believe me if Charlie was truly selfish, he would already be doing what you suggest, out in the middle of nowhere with some like-minded people, turning his back on the world and those he loves. But it's so easy to bash someone. I'm not really sure where your beliefs are rooted, other than having some fetish with the fact that people are less than they should be when met with hardship - ooh now that's some higher thinking right there!

edit on 23-9-2010 by Novise because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join