It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing speech. We need to support him!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
the only way is to coupe the elite, like in 1st metallica album. not peaceful but necessary to user the weapon of fear against the next in the sucession line.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I really can't tell if that was a serious post or sarcastic. You basically repeated the same thing every other self proclaimed guru has on the topic of "living my life". If there was a magic key I would use it. If there was some answer right in front of me I would see it.

A moment? It has been a long time coming, and has yet to come. This is not a moment in my life, this is me doing nothing. There is nothing mystical about that.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thats probably because its a rehearsal of something he wrote:

www.thewakeupcall.org.uk

Really, I don't mind the guy and enjoyed the love police video's, however, I was a bigger fan of the other guy. What happened to him?

Btw, Is this the the same guy?

charles_veitch.posterous.com

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It's far too easy to be cynical about these things and call Charlie out for making a praying gesture or coming across like an actor. The thing is he's doing something, and from what I have seen with the Love Police videos, he's doing something positive compared to the fear mongers like Alex Jones

Surely thats more positive than making snide remarks about him on an internet message board.

Maybe if Charlie had tried to flog a DVD or T- Shirt at the end I would be more skeptical, but he didn't.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Left me cold. I cringed at the beginning and cringed more when the dramatic music kicked in. The guy is a good speaker but the whole thing smacked of an ego trip to me. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Maybe I missed something, but isn't a video about the coming war with the "machines" and a vague call to arms actually fear mongering?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip
Yawn, I've heard it all before.

Days from world war 3, days from Iran getting nuked by Israel.

When the hell will people STOP THE FEARMONGERING?

OK so he has some fair points to make, but im sick of hearing about how we are "brink of WW3". Its all I've ever heard my entire life - and it hasnt happened yet. I grew up terrified of nuclear war with the USSR in the 80's. In the 90's the Iraq war was supposed to trigger WW3.
This is exactly how I feel. Like you I grew up in the eighties, terrified and praying each night that the nuclear bombs wouldn't fall. Then in the nineties those emotions stirred again. I'm not being afraid anymore. If it comes, it comes. There's nothing we can do about it anymore. This hammy-ass love-guru is only spreading more fear with his dramatic poses and bad acting.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Look closely at the end of the Manson video at 1:57 minutes, you start seeing a clear face

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You're 100% on the mark. I thought the exact same thing. I don't want to be one of these guys that shoots down another's efforts but for someone talking about machines, the speech itself is fairly artificial. Did anyone else notice what he's doing with this accent? It's fluctuating.

Besides all this, his monologue lost me. The background music seemed a bit manipulative imo (Kick-Ass OST?) and his analogy of the machine didn't work. How can he say that the machine is only interested in building itself and in the immediately following sentence say that the machine does not care about growth.

100/10 for intention.
6/10 for execution (then again, mostly everyone else seems to like it).

[edit on 23-8-2010 by rexusdiablos]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
You are right my friend, if there is one man we should support it's charlie.
For everyone who read my thread about giving out free water and asking my neighbors to smile, it was all inspired by this man.

I am actually very disappointed with some of your peoples reactions. Yes we've heard WW3 is on the brink, but it's because maybe it has, for A LONG TIME. All you have to do is look at all the military action, the crack down on our freedoms and the attempt at restriction of our information, all these are a recipe for war.

But it does not need to be like this. As Charlie said, to be immortal is to understand that you have more of an effect on this world spiritually and influentially than you ever will physically. He is right when he says there is psychopaths, and hes right when he says they want control, like parent over children. No...thats not right, more like Owner to the mutt.

That's what we are to them, just a mutt.

I believe what Charlie was attempting to do was write something parallel to this poem.

www.youtube.com...

and for the guy who thinks he's acting its called hes had his time to shine.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

For the record I do not think he was acting. I am saying that he is absolutely and without a doubt shamelessly using acting techniques to build suspense and to add empowerment and authority to his words.

And, IMO, he was doing a pretty mediocre job of it.

If his intent was sincerity, and he truly has passion for, and believes in what he is saying then he would have been much better served if he'd have just spoken from the cuff or only mildly prepared an outline for his dialogue.

[edit on 8/23/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
One more thought.

With all the negativity I have one question,

When SHTF who will you want on your side?
When WW3 begins, will you gladly go to war and fight for your 'freedoms and securities'.
Or will you be there for the real fight for your freedom and the real fight for your securities?

On the streets?

Where will you be...I can certainly reassure you, I make my community smile, but like Charlie some days my thoughts can be violent.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
There are others like him... all of us together (that want to) can be one voice . Great find

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zakd619

It is discusting that so many of those on ATS respect dribble like this.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Nice, thoughtful post OP.

Of course, a given Individual will experience a personally-generated "cue" in order to be attracted to this subject matter; others will either interact or react in their own unique ways.

On a quite personal level, I DO feel that countless folks tragically miss out on the boundless love and beauty which, quite literally, permeates the entirety of our little world - opting instead to focus almost exclusively on human activities which can be interpreted as being either constructive or destructive.

Unfortunately, viewing human existence in a vacuum in lieu of considering its "connections" to anything and everything considered to be NOT human is , to me, akin to coming to a final judgement without all the evidence being presented...for me, a most basic conclusion.

...oh what tangled webs we weave, when first we practice to deceive...ourselves. (shameless editorial license here).

The background music, by the way, is "Sunshine (Adagio In D Minor)" - a collaboration between the metal band "Underworld" and Danny Boyle, the director of the film "Sunshine", made in 2007. For me, a relaxing complement to Charlie's thoughts; to others, ominous, foreboding and contrived. But I've found that THAT'S what Individuality is all about. No right or wrong, simply different takes on a given event.

Thanks again for the op, OP.

Mindpeace.

"If you want to change the world, then change yourself." Mohandas Gandhi

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I Sticky, pledge myself to fight. I will fight along side you. I will fight for humanity. I will fight against this onslaught of dehumanizing, forward marching, obedient, drone-like, non-sentient horror of the system we live in.

The morning of 9/11 I watched the planes hit the towers and immediately I turned to my girlfriend at the time and said. "This is it, its the start of the final holy war." I was truly trembling in fear and something inside me knew I wasn't far off.

I had always thought that dreadful day was the beginning of the end. After finding ATS and the mountain of speculative information, I now know, my visions were never wrong.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

It is interesting how we detest control and manipulation by the PTB and yet we watch a video like this one and get frustrated that nobody is telling us what to do. You can't have it both ways. You can't have complete freedom and then expect somebody to direct you. The two are in opposition.

I believe Jiminy Cricket said, "Let Your Conscience be Your Guide". Truer words have not been spoken.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
There is a subtle contradiction in a video like this one. He makes a connection between "World War III", as the bible prophesied, Armageddon, etc. Which is okay. I believe we ARE near the end times.

But the contradiction lies the tone of the message. The bible says, "And these (the wicked) shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal" (Matt. 25:46). And, "Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, shall give to me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all of them also that love his appearing" (2 tim. 4:8).

If we are to believe the book of Daniel and Revelation, then we should be celebrating! Yet the message is of gloom and doom.

For those of you who aren't spiritually aware and don't believe in God and Jesus Christ, it is really quite simple; you will die. End of story, nothing to see here. There is no meaning, don't even bother reading because it doesn't matter. You live, you die.

I realize this doesn't lessen the anger at the "machine". This is when you have to rely on your faith and kind of grin, knowing that there will be ultimate justice and these heathens who think they have something over on us, will be held accountable.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zakd619

He speech made sense up until he said "Fight"

Fighting is what fuels the machine he speaks of.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by EnactedEgoTrip

As far the fearmongering - everyone wants to impress other people with their awarness of the hidden truth and apocaliptical visions. LAME!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join