It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MEDITATION, An internal battle when i begin to meditate now.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Its like... "whats that sound?"...suddenly that sound becomes the only thing you can focus on. Once you adress something, the more you focus on it, the stronger it gets.

No its not a cop out, I think you explained it well. Just being is easier than we make it. We can achieve it in a temporary state of meditation but our day to day attachments make it difficult and we carry those into meditation.... the fact that we have an interest in anything becomes a whole string of thoughts to bombard the mind.

I'm wondering if you have a perspective on something for me. I have this issue where I'll slip into a very deep trance of nothingness... and i'm semi aware of it and something happens like something without definition catches my attention, sometimes i'm not even aware of it.... something just ends it and pulls me out, something grabs me out after about...45 minutes. Have you been able to go longer in the very state? I've had like 5 hour meditations but the deep deep stuff seems the shortest and I get pulled out of it. I'm starting to think its our attachments that but that's vague.. because it could be our attachment to entertaining distractions, attachment to anything really. I just wonder if you or anyone else has this situation of just snapping out that deep state without much of an explanation and what you have done to improve it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Wow everyone...thanks for your post! Personally and for all the others that read it. I didnt even know people were here chiming in. My apologies for not responding quicker.

Originally posted by Elieser
To me it sounds like you had quit for a while and now you want to jump back in and you expect the same results as before.
You would have to start again from scratch and prepare your mind like you did when you first started. You have to clear your mind and learn how to block your thoughts again. A little exercise that I do is to repeat the number 1 until a thought comes in to mind, then go to number 2 and so on, the goal is to stay on the same number as long as possible and try to do better next time.

Yes exactly! I am realizing that the mind....the brain is just another muscle in your brain. You cant have a great workout sesssio one day...and expect yourself to be able to do the same thing over and over again. As well...what you were able to do physically 3 years ago...doesn't mean your BODY is in shape to do so again. In a sense...Just because i was able to do something mentally....doesn't mean i can just jump back into it again and be at the same level now that i stopped for quite some time.

I am noticing now...that EVERY TIME i meditate....everytime i am mindful....EVERYTIME i do anything...i think back a year ago and say but...IM NOT HAVING THOSE feelings that i had back then. Those blissful moments i had THEN...im not expericing anything. Perhaps im just not focusing on the single moment, the present moment and my mind is stuck in the past, trying to hard to make it the present.
It's a major bummer that i was ABLE TO before within 5 mins, mentally be at ease, my body would be calm and i could without any real effort go into a 2-3 hour meditation...viewing my mind from some OUTSIDE area. As if i had a camera hovering over my head about 2-3 feet... and NOW it takes 20mins to get a basic calmin of all the random jibber'ish that goes on in my mind lol

I need to realize what was..>WAS, and what is...IS.

TOTAL SIDENOTE:
Sometimes when im meditating...the "voices" in my head...the arguements that occur back in forth. It doesn't seem like i hear a MANS voice all the time. Half the time i hear or feel a womens voice...but at the same time no gender at all...something BEYOND that. Anyone shed some light perhaps?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Here's what I do when thoughts intrude

Observe them, note them, try to figure out who is having those thoughts? What part of this 'space' is giving rise to them?

Then, count breaths. 1...2...3.....4....1...2..3.....4....1....2...(Forgot where I was)....1...2...3...4...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

One can become overly attached to even the feelings of bliss, or high...or seeing things....or anything else that comes with meditation.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Maybe go out into the wilderness, away from the city and your cell phone and all your other distractions. Let the sounds of the wild carry you into the state that you desire. When thoughts come into your mind that are unwanted, just let them go. Allow them to come, and then allow them to go. Accept them. They come because they are a part of you that needs to be acknowledged, and they will not leave until you allow them to go. Do not punish yourself by feeling frustrated, just learn to accept the feelings in a different way.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I consulted one of the TM trainers and he gave me a frank assessment. His exact words were: "It's your own body fighting this better self that comes with deep meditation. Honestly, its #. But your body is saying, 'but it's MY # and refuses to let it go without a struggle."

I agree it is the lower self or ego self trying to tell you it is in charge. it is probably the reason you stopped in the past too and it knows you are trying to ascend and put the higher self in charge and its not going to give up without a fight.

Your observing the argument which is your consciousness. Don't let it just drift gently bring your consciousness back to your breath each time you feel it getting lost in the argumentative thoughts. It takes some practice but you have to let the ego know you are in charge and have made a decision.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Yes, that's kind of what I was trying to say, except the Buddhist monk said it better, lol!

It is hard, when we've had that kind of blissful experience, to let go of it - but as someone once said to me, the path of Enlightenment can be summed up in two words - 'letting go' !

Much easier said than done, of course!!

[edit on 25-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by Aliensun

I consulted one of the TM trainers and he gave me a frank assessment. His exact words were: "It's your own body fighting this better self that comes with deep meditation. Honestly, its #. But your body is saying, 'but it's MY # and refuses to let it go without a struggle."

I agree it is the lower self or ego self trying to tell you it is in charge. it is probably the reason you stopped in the past too and it knows you are trying to ascend and put the higher self in charge and its not going to give up without a fight.

Your observing the argument which is your consciousness. Don't let it just drift gently bring your consciousness back to your breath each time you feel it getting lost in the argumentative thoughts. It takes some practice but you have to let the ego know you are in charge and have made a decision.

Anybody can answer this, but how did the ego become so powerful, that it can even CHALLENGE the higher self? Is it the years and generations of consistent feeding of the ego that subverts the higher self or is it something else?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join