It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feelings can't be a gauge for religious 'truth.'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Why is it when Christians give testimonies about their conversion they say "I felt Christ in my heart and he has changed my life." etc.

Feelings are SUBJECTIVE and can't be used to proof one religion is true over another. There are people out there that will say Allah touched their heart or Krishna, etc. That doesn't proof that their religion is true.

Feelings are a weak argument, if you are going to join a religion and promote it you need a better method than subjective feelings about ones religious beliefs.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
"I think therefore I exist", means you're the only thing in the universe that knows you exist. How something makes you feel is reflection of the only known truth exist which is you. Feelings can be used as a gauge if you want them, but maybe that requires you to be true to yourself?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
Why is it when Christians give testimonies about their conversion they say "I felt Christ in my heart and he has changed my life." etc.

Feelings are SUBJECTIVE and can't be used to proof one religion is true over another. There are people out there that will say Allah touched their heart or Krishna, etc. That doesn't proof that their religion is true.

Feelings are a weak argument, if you are going to join a religion and promote it you need a better method than subjective feelings about ones religious beliefs.

Are you trying to say a person is ill qualified to give a testimony of their own experience?

new topics

join