It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer is DEAD: Cancer cures from A to Z

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
amazing work......your a star .

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Boring? Maybe if I carried out that attitude!

The book idea occurred to me, this might be the one book I'd like to make that the establishment publishing houses might consider, which says a lot considering how controversial this subject is.

I'm not being negative; I'm simply being realistic. It would be a waste of time. If you were to subcategorize the already existing archives of publications in a nicely presented website/blog....THAT would be nice. But a book? Nope, there's just too much information to put in a book.

Will you also be including the studies in direct contradiction of those you support? Will you disclose the inconsistancies within the data? Will the bioavailability issue come into question when describing isolated nutrients vs. whole foods?

Or will you simply be cherry picking?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

So you think if there were one easily made, dirt cheap, all natural, superpill that could completely abolish cancer forever, the one trillion dollar per year cancer industry would all rejoice, and happily close up shop?

Cancer Is World's Most Costly Disease
calorielab.com...
The American Cancer Society says that cancer is the costliest disease in the world. They also believe that cancer is likely the leading cause of death, reports CBS News. The American Cancer Society will present the new report on the costs of cancer this week at a global cancer conference held in China. The report, which is the group's first major effort to examine the economic toll of cancer in terms of global productivity, was completed with the help of Livestrong, the foundation created by cancer survivor and cyclist Lance Armstrong. According to the report, cancer costs more in terms of productivity and deaths than AIDS, the flu, malaria and some diseases spread by contact with people. According to the report, the economic toll of cancer in 2008 was $895 billion.

Doubtful.

Now try: You think if people could damn near cure themselves, easily, cheaply, thus not needing all too much from doctors, besides surgery of course... do you believe every cancer doctor would be grandstanding on TV that we're all saved?

Not a chance.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
See the problem is with these Cancer cure threads, is that I have yet to know anyone who has cured themselves from cancer by going down alternative route.

I guess you'll never know how you react to getting a diagnosis of terminal Cancer till you get it.

As one who has survived cancer through use of conventional therapy, I understand exactly where you are coming from. While all of the goodies mentioned may or may not have any effect, I have often posted here a request for ANY member who has personally beaten cancer through alternative means to identify themselves and provide proof. Up to now, no takers.

I am also put out by those who would seem to lay guilt upon anyone for both acquiring the disease in the first place, then for listening to their doctors. I can attest to the fact that there are a few ATSers here that have beaten cancer through conventional means, and personally thank their oncologists for their lives. And as you say, you don't know how you will react until that biopsy comes back positive. It is far too easy to shout about medical conspiracies and the suppression of wonder drugs...when you're healthy.

Keep fighting the good fight, live the healthiest life you can. But don't let these 'internet internists' get you down. As one survivor here says, he's around to talk about it...friends who went the alternative way aren't.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

. But so many is this thread think that these things are cure alls being suppressed by TPTB because there is no money to be made. The profits would be astronomical.

The fact that you can sit there and try to sell the idea that profits from these natural remedies would be astronomical in comparison to the outrageously priced cancer treatments and pain relief medications currently being used by the medical profession is so outrageous that I can only conclude you are either extremely uninformed or you are personally benefiting by promoting your nonsense. Whatever the case is, you are not dealing with a bunch of idiots here. You also have to wonder why, with the number of members here on ATS that claim to be in the medical profession, you seem to be arguing these points on your own.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Well done OP for bringing this information. I have cancer and do my best to eat the right things and to keep certain things out of my diet, however, it is very difficult to obtain and take all of these cancer fighting foods in a disciplined way. How should I take them and in what amounts, how do i know that changing my diet completely wont effect me in other ways?
See the problem is with these Cancer cure threads, is that I have yet to know anyone who has cured themselves from cancer by going down alternative route. I'm not denying that the products you have listed can help cancer patients, as I said diet is very important. I would be interested in reading the cases of humans who have cured themselves from terminal cancer, with out the help of doctors.

Maybe its just me, but these threads always make me feel guilty that Im not doing enough to fight my cancer, that somehow if my cancer gets worse it is now my fault, for not following the advice of the thread.

See even if you have cancer, life goes on, you dont just change into a new person, you still want to eat and drink your favorite foods, you want to drink beer with your friends and try and live as normal a life as possible. See, it looks like I'm making excuses, maybe if I'm honest I am.
In a way I feel cheated that I lost my youth to cancer and dont feel I should have to change my life in such a dramatic way.

I guess you'll never know how you react to getting a diagnosis of terminal Cancer till you get it.

Here's a more detailed "road map" that gets into the specifics of which alternative treatments should be cosidered for different types and 'stages' of cancer.

I agree with what you said. This kind of info is very overwhelming. This particular site although large, if you take your time, will remove a lot of the confusion about which, when, why, what, etc. Good luck and all the best....

www.cancertutor.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Thanks for the support. I think it's important that this thread has some input from people with cancer. I have had members ask why i chose to be chopped up radiated and poisoned, which I have found offensive in the past. When your diagnosed with cancer, your choices tend to be pretty limited. Your whole world is thrown upside down and you have to put your faith in the doctors who are treating you not view them with suspicion.

Had it not been for the chopping radiating and poisoning my Brain tumour would have killed me about 8 years ago now.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

....Phage, right? He's very open to sharing it. I believe it was brain cancer.

I took care of my grandmother as she went from a healthy old woman with osteoporosis to brain cancer to passing in one month. She declined any treatment....and what I witnessed during one months time is something I wouldn't wish upon my enemies.

In her case, she was so weak that the treatment would have either killed her or just prolonged her suffering.

I tried to help her with alternative treatments. There's no doubt that a ketogenic diet reduces brain tumors to nothing....but she would have been miserable eating nothing but fat and protein. She loved sweets, which is probably what caused her sickness.

My biggest problem with this thread, besides the bioavailability and contradicting data issues, would have to be the direct focus of CURING instead of preventative maintenance.

Would consuming the foods provided by the OP on a regular basis help prevent cancer? Probably. Cure it? That's a stretch. And I think threads like this provide people with a sense of false hope that can be very dangerous.

Imagine if you thought that your poor dietary choices could be nulled by a cheap pill or a few peppers or a wild berry that grows in the amazon... at that point, prevention is irrelevant; it literally becomes a moot point.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Here's the point: If a doctor won't give you something additionally that can't cause harm but has a chance at doing good, especially for cheap, then we have a big problem. Take one of my entries: TM. My moms doctors are jumping thru hoops trying to avoid giving her that to zap the copper in her system so the cancer can't feed, spread and grow.

That's a good point. I have heard many people mention how they encountered frustration over their doctor's lack of enthusiasm and knowledge of these alternative cures when they expressed interest in trying them. We can't assume that every doctor who treats cancer has gone out of their way to investigate each of these remedies/cures. Isn't it just as likely that many doctors proceed off of the information fed to them by Big Pharma?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Sorry about your Mom, IgnoranceIsntBlisss.

Great compilation though. S&F for all your hard work.

Just a few notes for you:

It isn't just the kind and location of cancer that matters for treatment/intervention, or the cell type infected - but also the stage of progression, and environmental exposures (micro-internal and macro-external).

Cancer - like other chronic disease - adapts to each individuals' body, and mutates into an individual-specific strain - which is one reason why there's NO one-size-fits-all quick fix.

Everyone needs personalized medicine, for every disease - even all those nasty acute antibiotic- / antiviral-resistant infections...

The best bets today are Chinese or Ayurvedic medicine - and in-depth research like you're already doing. Just stick with the foods, NOT powdered "active" ingredients, and clean up the external environment as much as possible.

Also - most of the food-derived anti-cancer chemicals and compounds you found are in development - but
- production is an issue (hence synthetic versions, designed for quantity production)
- delivery is an issue (the drugs must get to the cancer cells, hence GE viral delivery), and of course,
- Big Pharma is still looking to avoid Personalized Medicine and find the wonder-drug one-size-fits-all perfectly-profitable Miracle Cure...

ED to add: Personalized Medicine includes modern/western treatments and interventions - it just doesn't rely on them (or Big Pharma's handy dandy symptom-to-treatment computer program).

[edit on 23-8-2010 by soficrow]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Diabetes is NOT cancer. You can make diabetes go away just by losing weight and eating healthy. My sister did this after she got a lap band. To compare diabetes and cancer is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Had it not been for the chopping radiating and poisoning my Brain tumour would have killed me about 8 years ago now.

You are certainly not the only one on board with that story. One really big fear is that folks with their cancer at a treatable point ignore their oncologists and seek alternative means, instead...and when they don't work, it's too late to treat by any means.

In the couple of months between diagnosis of my prostate cancer and my radiation treatment I used complementary medicine to try and bring down my PSA...to no avail. I had the brachytherapy and the cancer is gone...and because it was caught early and the treatment highly focused, there's none of that pesky incontinence and erectile dysfunction. They don't tell you that part when they're telling you to ignore your medical team and eat these apricot pits instead.

By the way, an herbal preparation called zyflamend is in clinical trials for cancer treatment right now. How does that factor into the conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Would consuming the foods provided by the OP on a regular basis help prevent cancer? Probably. Cure it? That's a stretch. And I think threads like this provide people with a sense of false hope that can be very dangerous.

That is a valid point, however, I do believe the OP addressed that in his/her introduction with a statement offering apologies to those who's loved ones already have cancer, stating "it might already be too late for them" or something to that effect. I don't believe the OP has stated that cancer patients should disregard their doctor's orders and treat themselves off of the information provided in this post.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Thanks for the support. I think it's important that this thread has some input from people with cancer. I have had members ask why i chose to be chopped up radiated and poisoned, which I have found offensive in the past. When your diagnosed with cancer, your choices tend to be pretty limited. Your whole world is thrown upside down and you have to put your faith in the doctors who are treating you not view them with suspicion. Had it not been for the chopping radiating and poisoning my Brain tumour would have killed me about 8 years ago now.

Woodwardin, thank you very much for posting your opinions and your experiences. I hope you live a long and happy life.

No one can argue that some cancer survivors have, indeed, benefited from radiation and chemotherapy. I know a few people who have and when it happens, it is a miracle--no doubt about that. I think the real concern here, though, is that if there are options that are not so potentially harmful to the human body, why are these options not being used instead of, say, radiation. I mean, I don't think anyone is going to argue that they would choose radiation treatment over pomegranates or some other natural resource. (I know that's probably an exaggerated example, but I think you know what I'm saying.)

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

What more do you want the BBC to say? The article FLAT out states that TUMERIC kills cancerous cells. Kind of silly for the MSM to say that since they want us to all die and be kept ignorant. Did you read your own sources or do just a buncha copy pasta?

"Dr Lesley Walker, director of cancer information at Cancer Research UK, said: "This is interesting research which opens up the possibility that natural chemicals found in turmeric could be developed into new treatments for oesophageal cancer."

Cause if you read your own sources you would know that TUMERIC is being tested on humans by these EVIL pharm companies that want us to all die when they would make more money on us being alive anyways.

"There are numerous clinical trials in humans which are currently pending that study the effect of turmeric's curcumin compound on diseases including multiple myeloma, pancreatic cancer, colon cancer, psoriasis, and Alzheimer's disease. "

Your argument is falling apart. The MSM that wants us to not know about these NATURAL cures, are reporting on it. And these EVIL pharm companies that don't want these curse out there is running multiple human trials.

[edit on 8/23/2010 by mnmcandiez]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by rogerstigers

Diabetes is NOT cancer. You can make diabetes go away just by losing weight and eating healthy. My sister did this after she got a lap band. To compare diabetes and cancer is ridiculous.

Erm, no It's NOT ridiculous to compare diabetes and cancer. BOTH:

* are chronic disease
* can be fatal
* change cells, and cause cell proliferation
* override natural defenses and systems
* involve infectious factors

and more...

Also, diabetes often can be controlled by weight loss and a healthy diet - but the disease causes weight gain, not the other way around.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Well there is nothing but highly speculative proof that these "elites" want to kill us all. So basing your post on unproven extremely paranoid fringe beliefs I really can't sensibly reply to it.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
I think the real concern here, though, is that if there are options that are not so potentially harmful to the human body, why are these options not being used instead of, say, radiation.

I'd say that is because they have not been proven to work. That was certainly the case with me. When one has to balance out one's urologost and one's oncologist saying "This will cure you" versus some guy on the net with a just freakin' Jim-Dandyo web site...well, my choice was clear.

And I stand by it.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Diabetes is largely a LIFESTYLE disease. Which can be cured by changing the way you eat, exercise, and how much weight you lose.

Cancer is not. You can't cure it by just eating blueberries. Please GET to reality people.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Cancer - like other chronic disease - adapts to each individuals' body, and mutates into an individual-specific strain - which is one reason why there's NO one-size-fits-all quick fix. Everyone needs personalized medicine, for every disease - even all those nasty acute antibiotic- / antiviral-resistant infections... The best bets today are Chinese or Ayurvedic medicine - and in-depth research like you're already doing. Just stick with the foods, NOT powdered "active" ingredients, and clean up the external environment as much as possible.

Soficrow, I have a feeling your post is probably the most realistic portrayal of the situation that there is. It's the "somewhere-in-the-middle" perspective as opposed to the "medical and pharmaceutical industries are trying to kill us" and the "alternative medicine is snake oil" theories.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join