It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Iraqi Terrorists Threaten to Behead South Korean Hostage on Video

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The SK hostage is a translater for a ROK firm that supplies US forces. He majored in arabic in college, so i believe he would have no trouble communicating with his captors. He was probably told to speak english.

[edit on 21-6-2004 by jwk7443]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Still no word on this man's fate?

Strange.........

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Would any of us be suprised when we find this guys head?

When have these islamist jihadiasts EVER show they can act with any mercy or compassion? If you get taken hostage, odds say your a gonner.

They would be forced to kill me to keep me hostage as i would feel that it was only a matter of time before they came at me, bound helplessly, with a knife to cut off my head...better to go down like a man than let them slaughter me with no chance.

Notice none of the governments are appeasing these demmands?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   
They announced on CNN that his captors have extended the deadline.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Heres an update on this story looks like he is getting more time,

This can only be a good this i hope!

www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=TLAAEWZOZPUHQCRBAEOCFEY?type=topNews&storyID=5482917

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Militants threatening to behead a South Korean hostage in Iraq unless Seoul withdraws its troops have agreed to allow more time for talks on his fate, an Iraqi mediator told Reuters on Tuesday.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is good news that he is still alive. Look at what the terrorists have said:

"The kidnappers have said they are willing to negotiate as long as the Korean government stops making provocative remarks and softens its tone on troop deployment," Obeidi said.

They didn't really request that SK stop their deployment of troops, did they?

The terrorists are using clerics as arbiters. So this means that the clerics have lines of communications with them. Which implies collusion.

Which is also a reason why I think these situations could be resolved more easily if the clerics make a stand against terrorists. Many people have been calling for the muslim community to make a large, united stand against terorists. This latest incident shows that the clerics have influence. The question is, why aren't they using it?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Reports on Fox that they beheaded him

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I just this minute heard that report on Fox News myself (12:48 pm EST).

A bit ago when they were reporting the deadline had been extended, I thought he'd just be executed anyway... and sadly enough, he was.

Guess all we can do is pray for his soul - he was so scared, it's really horrifying to think what he must have gone through.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by Mystic7]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Those animals have done it again. Al-jazeera reports that the SK hostage has been slain.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
They beheaded him. OMG!

Ok people this thread is done... Please see the following report..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think we all knew how this would end.

So sad, and well frustrating,

Gazz

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Remember that all this started with Nick Berg's killing on camera, and how questionable that whole production was.

Note that this time, no copy of the video has been posted anywhere for serious analysis.

As the great and powerful Oz commanded, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

Nothing is at it seems.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Actually I believe that extremists have realized that it is much better not to give a video of the beheadings anymore. There is one video, but they did not show the beheading. If it was all done by the CIA or some other western agency then they wouldn't show even this video. Now NEIN supposedly have the video on their site, but the link is not working. However there is a picture there.

Look at the jumpsuit, its the same as the ones used on the other coalition prisoners. I think the terrorists want the world to see the captives as we see the prisoners we have, except the terrorists behead them when their demands are not met.

Look at the weapons these terrorists have, i am sure they were taken from American soldiers who have been killed. Perhaps even from the last 4 we saw pictures of as they laid death close to a wall.

The terrorist all the way to the right seems to be a female. Her hip is bigger than the men's and her shoulders are much slender as well as she is smaller than the other two.

BTW....look to the top right of the photo...Al Jazeera exclusive.........

Here is the link to NEIN.
www.homelandsecurityus.com...

[edit on 22-6-2004 by Muaddib]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join