It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Iraqi Terrorists Threaten to Behead South Korean Hostage on Video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Evidence continues to mount that these are all false-flag operations.

Reuters is reporting that the group who has the Korean is headed by al-Zarkawi. Zarkawi, firmly identified by CIA as the killer of Nick Berg, is apparently a CIA legend, built on the name of a now dead militant, to be used whenever convenient.

I am EXTREMELY interested in a link to the video. Sure hope some one can find it and post it.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by StriderI am EXTREMELY interested in a link to the video. Sure hope some one can find it and post it.

Here's a streaming video link:
news.bbc.co.uk...

BBC

If anyone has a downloadable version, please post it.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This article from Korea covers the story. Makes a point of the fact that Kim was apparently told to speak English. Pretty much lets you know who the intended audience is.

Article

Thanks Ace!!!! Streaming is all I need.

[edit on 21-6-2004 by Strider]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Actually, this threatened execution makes alot of sense. These extremists are trying to manipulate/scare the South Korean government from assisting the US in Iraq.

The US is giving support to South Korea against North Korea's nukes.

The US, followed by Great Britain, will be followed by South Korea as far as man-power in the Arab nation goes.

These extremists don't want this.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Well, I spoke to soon about that BBC video being sufficient. It is incomplete and the idiot BBC woman talks right over the whole thing. I need the real thing, or at least parts of the real thing for analysis, and I'm beginning to wonder if we will get it.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
One good thing coming out of this situation is the fact that most Koreans agree with the decision to stay the course:

from al Jazeera
Many South Koreans reacted with shock, particularly because of the footage of Kim imploring people to help to free him. But most said Seoul should not alter its decision to send troops.

"I felt terribly chilled this morning watching the Korean crying and yelling in front of the terrorists' camera. I am so sorry for his family. But feeling sorry and national security should be considered separately," said Sung Jeong-hun, a 29-year-old graduate school student in Seoul.

One of the reasons these situations continue to occur is that the free world is not united against terrorism. Korea's refusal to capitulate to these terrorist demands shows solidarity with it's allies, mainly the US.

Roh is unlikely to change tack, despite protests against the plan, although the crisis could magnify public and parliamentary opposition.

He views the deployment as a tough but crucial gesture to support Seoul's main ally, the United States, which has 37,500 troops stationed in the South to deter North Korea.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
A closer look at the BBC video shows an interesting clue that the kidnappers/killers are Americans. This same clue appeared in the Berg and Johnson videos. It has not been discussed previously. I'll post my findings when I have some more examples.

Apparently, only Al Jazeera has the original. I think I'll send them an email requesting that they post the original on their website.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
from something i heard on the news, some source said south korea might consider clamping down and crushing resistance and declare martial law without americas approval.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
from something i heard on the news, some source said south korea might consider clamping down and crushing resistance and declare martial law without americas approval.

Why would they be considering martial law? From what I've heard, and what was written on the al Jazeera website, the majority of S. Koreans are in favor of staying the course and not giving in to the terrorist's demands.

Any further info on this, namehere?

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strider
This article from Korea covers the story. Makes a point of the fact that Kim was apparently told to speak English. Pretty much lets you know who the intended audience is.

I agree with you about the intended audience, but I don't see where he was told to speak English. Can you elaborate?

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by Strider

I agree with you about the intended audience, but I don't see where he was told to speak English. Can you elaborate?

I just figured they made him speak English because it was likely the only language they could speak in common. I'm sure they wanted to know what he was saying.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpamBurger
I just figured they made him speak English because it was likely the only language they could speak in common. I'm sure they wanted to know what he was saying.

Very good point...makes a lot of sense. Sometimes the answer is so obvious that I tend to overlook it.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
We have passed the deadline the "kidnappers" gave for the S. Korean withdrawl. Has there been any news on the outcome of this situation?

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There hasn't been any word yet.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sorry I am at work, MSNBC is reporting that the South Koreans will NOT give in to these terrorists demands. So it is almost sure they will behead this poor man. But there is always the chance these terrorists will just let him go. That is what I am hoping for.

Check here for the latest Headlinds: www.msnbc.msn.com...

SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea said Monday that it would go ahead with its plans to send troops to Iraq despite the abduction of a South Korean man and the televised broadcast of his desperate pleas to stay alive.

Gazz

[edit on 21-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobeckyWhy would they be considering martial law? From what I've heard, and what was written on the al Jazeera website, the majority of S. Koreans are in favor of staying the course and not giving in to the terrorist's demands.

Any further info on this, namehere?

no, nothing, i think it was a confused reporter, she said south korea then later said the iraqi government would if things keep going how it is.

was on cbs.

[edit on 21-6-2004 by namehere]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by SpamBurger

Very good point...makes a lot of sense. Sometimes the answer is so obvious that I tend to overlook it.

Well, forget what I said about this. According to Yahoo, the guy has a degree in Arabic.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Take the RED pill people.

Why is this Korean hostage pleading with HIS government to save him in ENGLISH???????

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It would seem that the original deadline has passed for this. and I can tell you on a personal level this has been a real nail biter. I really hope these terrorists or whatever they are at this moment are at least thinking about this. and maybe they will understand than nothing good will come from the killing of this one man for them.

Just once I would like to see a good ending in a case like this.

I am deeply frustrated with the current events of this world we call home. and though this is just one person facing death it should bring us the reality of evil where ever it comes from.

I am unsure who, what or why just like many here. But if this man is killed in a graphic way as others have been it will only bring more pain to an already painful world. A world that brings the shame of war, division and death just about everyday now.

Yes this is only one man. and only one threat of murder. But it is a point where the world will become oblivious to this evil or stand together to find the source where ever that may be and fight it until it is gone.

Gazz

LL1

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well it's 8 hrs ahead in Iraq (5:00am) to US time. The 24 hrs have passed, and nothing.
No news is good news.
He did not have on an Orange Jumpsuit as Berg and Johnson did.
Unless the Orange Jumpsuits are reference to Abu Ghurayb to Americans.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join