It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spot the Subliminal!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Yesterday, i came across this thread about subliminal stuff, going into your unconsciousness and whatever, very interesting. I was just browsing the almighty internetz, and came across this add. I almost instantaneously noticed it, because it plainly said NUDE to me! how do you guys feel about this? I think this one is just to obvious. Additionally, the OK in NOKIA also adds to it i think. Gimme your thoughts!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e42aaee70fb8.jpg[/atsimg]

Have you found any other subliminal advertising on the web recently? I spotted this one on MTV.COM
MTV, I AM DISAPPOINT!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberjedi

Hey guys,

Yesterday, i came across this thread about subliminal stuff, going into your unconsciousness and whatever, very interesting. I was just browsing the almighty internetz, and came across this add. I almost instantaneously noticed it, because it plainly said NUDE to me! how do you guys feel about this? I think this one is just to obvious. Additionally, the OK in NOKIA also adds to it i think. Gimme your thoughts!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e42aaee70fb8.jpg[/atsimg]

Have you found any other subliminal advertising on the web recently? I spotted this one on MTV.COM
MTV, I AM DISAPPOINT!

I would need to see more info on this product. I don't get it.
Maybe the product is simply called "Nude". What's wrong with that?
Can you elaborate on this please.

Also what does this have to do with 9/11?!

[edit on 22-8-2010 by cluckerspud]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
ye sure, i forgot to mention the ad is in dutch.

It says in dutch translated to english: NowThe Nokia N91 Mini

Also In White!

So the words attached to each other, become the English word Nude.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Also In White!

Great now that this is straightened out.. Is the word Taboo or something?!
What's wrong with the word?! What does this have to do with 9/11?!?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If my understanding of the word "subliminal" is anywhere near accurate then the word "nude" in the above post would qualify more as blatant.

In fact it's so obvious that I dismissed it entirely and spent about ten minutes trying to find something more hidden!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
AAhhhrgh, you should be dutch. Then you would know it is definitely subliminal. Because the words are not meant to be read that way. But they place them right after each other, to make you read them that way, to make you read NUDE, instead of the two separate words NU DE.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Same with the one Mobile phone from Sony Ericson. Now the company name is usually shortened to SE
One of their mobile phones is called Xperia 10, shortened to X10
Now just google for the pone, its mostly abbreviated to SE X10
so you get SEX

Just coincidences, nothing more.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

AAhhhrgh, you should be dutch. Then you would know it is definitely subliminal. Because the words are not meant to be read that way. But they place them right after each other, to make you read them that way, to make you read NUDE, instead of the two separate words NU DE.

AAhhhrgh, you should explain why this is in 9/11 forum.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

OK. Fair enough! I don't speak Dutch (Is that the correct word for the language?), so if I may ask, does the word "Nude" mean anything in the Dutch language?

Or would it possibly be a non-dutch word that most dutch people would be familiar with?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If I'm correct "NUDE" is actually the word for New in Dutch. (Like "Nuwe" is the word for new in Afrikaans). So I don't see anything wrong with it, except English speaking people mistaking it's meaning due to the language barrier.

(Seems I got that wrong, looks like "Nude" is Now, like "Nou" is now in Afrikaans - damn language barriers)

[edit on 22-8-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Can we move this to a more appropriate forum.
Did subliminal advertising get the best of us on 9/11?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If this thread is in the wrong forum, perhaps it could be moved to a different one,, but I really like this idea of posting about subliminals we find. I think that's a great idea.

Thanks OP, and well spotted. I too watched the videos on the other thread - I had actually seen them a while ago but watched them again. They have definitely made me more aware of their tactics, and keepiing that in mind and posting our finds will help us all learn to de-programme/protect ourselves...and it could be fun too!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well I'll be damned!!

This ad must be why I bought the phone.

They got me! Those crafty subliminal advertisements that are there for everyone to read!

It's almost like they aren't even subliminal because they are there, unhidden, and non-subliminal.

WOW THE NOKIA ADVERTISING TEAM IS AMAZAZING.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Also In White!

Correct. No conspiracy nor 9/11 connections

Thread closed

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Since in ChitChat now, reopened...

Wouldn't be the first time Advertising was lost in translation...

In Latin American countries, Chevy couldn't sell the Nova (as No va in Spanish, means "No go")

In Japan, Pepsi's "Choice of a New Generation" somehow translated into "Bringing your ancestors back from the dead!"

There's a whole list of these out there...I just remember some of these from my Advertising/Marketing course a while back...

new topics

top topics

join