It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Unveils Domestically-Built Drone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
back in 2009 I was in Balad, Iraq and we had an Iranian drone that was brought in that was shot down over Iraq. Here is the link en.wikipedia.org...
IT was just a matter of time before they put bombs and missiles on them.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
ROTFLMAO I mean doubled up!!! Dimmy you need to get out more.

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LMAO!!! Bro if you come here for analysis from experts, let me tell you that you took a left turn in Wrong-ville about 300 miles back! Have fun.

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Do you people even know what you're talking about? The drone is called "Kassar" and the whole "ambassador of death and bringer of peace" thing is a description of its purpose, not its name. I come here for analysis from experts, not people who get their propaganda packaged straight from Fox news.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
i don't think that thing pictured even flys i bet its just a model and a pretty crappy one at that. remember there stealth fighter from couple of years ago it was just a flying boat

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Back to the topic, please, and refrain from comments on fellow members abilities.

Further off-topic posts will be removed.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My question is:

I wonder how far along TPTB are on making a replica of this to pull off a false flag attack?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Right on! But you have to admit that the drone is pretty ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You would think that any sane administration, currently under scrutiny by the rest of the world for pursuing a suspected nuclear weapons program, would just smile sweetly and keep quiet.

But no, not the Iranians.

They design a new weapon, proudly touting it to the world's media.

But do they stop there, oh no, this is the Iranian leadership, so something more is called for.

So they announce, in the middle of the uproar over their nuclear program, that they have developed, quote, "An Ambassador of Death !!"

Could you imagine any western leadership talking in such a rabid manner, and could you imagine the reaction if they did?

These announcements give us a scary insight into the diseased minds of the people ruling that country.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Do you people even know what you're talking about? The drone is called "Kassar" and the whole "ambassador of death and bringer of peace" thing is a description of its purpose, not its name. I come here for analysis from experts, not people who get their propaganda packaged straight from Fox news.
My news came from here and a google search. Did not click on Fox.

Very little info, technically speaking.

One look at the photo of it tells you why.

The original news post on here was from Fox news, where they focused on making a mockery of the whole thing by calling it "ambassador of death" which is clearly not its name. Like all things Ahmadinejad says, it was intentionally mis-reported in the West to discredit him as some crazy lunatic.

LMAO!!! Bro if you come here for analysis from experts, let me tell you that you took a left turn in Wrong-ville about 300 miles back! Have fun.

Expert = Someone who clearly has experience on this issue. I don't know about you, but I know ATS has members experienced in Iranian military forces/strategy, drone weaponry, aircraft, etc etc. I wouldn't even look twice at ATS if it wasn't for the rare member who happens to have international experience on issues that affect the entire world, and willing to share their knowledge in a fair manner to benefit other people.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
You would think that any sane administration, currently under scrutiny by the rest of the world for pursuing a suspected nuclear weapons program, would just smile sweetly and keep quiet.

But no, not the Iranians.

((snip))

Iran has the support of 118 nations, 56 nations signed the Baku Declaration that says: “the only way to resolve Iran’s nuclear issue is to resume negotiations without any preconditions and to enhance cooperation with the involvement of all relevant parties”

...which world are you talking about?

Republican & democrat party leaders like to think they set world opinion.. but outside their media propaganda bubble.. they fail.

Google Iran + 118 nations

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
LOL Allah 5 is alive!!!

its gonna be so much fun watching the backwards ignorant fundementalists accross all religions sit down and have a conversation with advanced AI....

What if AI were ultimately responsible for proving a high likelihood of the existence of a supernatural creator. What tyranny would that bring? If anything might manage proof one way or the other, I'd bank on advanced AI.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

You seem to know the situation there pretty well. Well enough for you to take a plane there and join the conflict? Maybe since you know so much about it you can go to Iran and buy some dumb suicide bombers for $100 and win the war all by yourself, eh Rambo?

Nope they used most of them up as i said, I fly drones...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Let's put aside who has built this and why and let's take a look at the technolgy involved. In fact, just from photographs this "weapon" has some interesting points.

First (and most interesting to me at least) is that there appears to be a celestial navigation method built into the drone. Why would that be, well fairly straightforward when you think about it. Although the US has claimed that "Selective Availabilty" was turned off on the order of President Bill Clinton in 2000, it is not beyond the realms of reason to believe that GPS is in some way degraded in Iran. Perhaps by up to 100m horizontally. However looking at the picture available here, there is a clear area on the top of the drone, this is most likely used to fix the horizontal position at less than 90m. Vertical position fixes are incredibly easy and do not need stars/gps/psychic ability, a simple radar will do the job nicely.

Next we look at the vertical stabilisers (UK spelling). There are 2 stabilisers in the classic "Twin Tail" or "H-Tail" configuration. This could indicate 1 of 2 things, either the drone is designed for low speed manoeuvres or more likely, it needed to be designed to be highly stable because the software available is not up to the job of keeping a highly manoeuvrable but equally highly unstable aircraft on the straight and narrow. This aircraft is designed for low speed, stable manoeuvres.

Finally, the engine. It is a low bypass turbofan. By the size of the intake and configuration it will be a very similar engine to that used in the classic Tomohawk Cruise Missile. Most likely producing much less power.

So, in conclusion, a few questions. I will be using my own conjecture as to the capabilities of this drone based on the limited information I have, but pictures spoke a thousand words to me.

1. Could the drone even fly in the configuration photographed shown?

Could it fly? Yes, but for how long. Some photos show the drone being launched with rockets so they would certainly get it off the ground but it's range would be just plain silly. Certainly less than a few kilometres because it would be constantly falling.

2. Could it lift a 1,000lb bomb?

Hell no, it would fall apart in seconds.

3. Does it pose a threat to Allied personell?

Erm...no. But you already knew that.

4. Could it navigate to a target and drop it's payload?

It would be easier to put the bomb on a camel and hope it makes it there!

5. Does this thing pose a threat to ANYONE?

Only to the poor bastards trying to hoik it into the air...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
Iran has the support of 118 nations, 56 nations signed the Baku Declaration that says: “the only way to resolve Iran’s nuclear issue is to resume negotiations without any preconditions and to enhance cooperation with the involvement of all relevant parties”

Republican & democrat party leaders like to think they set world opinion.. but outside their media propaganda bubble.. they fail.

Ahh yes, the group of non-aligned nations which includes in its primary agenda an anti-zionist mission statement. Strange they should support Iran huh.

I refer of course not to this crackpot coalition of anti-Israeli nations, but the Security Council of the United Nations who unanimously passed Resolution 1737 in recognition of the danger posed by continued Uranium enrichment by the Iranian regime.

Even the non-aligned nations specifically stated that their support for Iran was conditional on nuclear materials being used for peaceful purposes.

All that aside, if you fail to recognize the extreme risks posed by a nuclear armed Iran, anything else is irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Ahh yes, the group of non-aligned nations which includes in its primary agenda an anti-zionist mission statement. Strange they should support Iran huh.

I refer of course not to this crackpot coalition of anti-Israeli nations, but the Security Council of the United Nations who unanimously passed Resolution 1737 in recognition of the danger posed by continued Uranium enrichment by the Iranian regime.

The UN is nothing more than politics between nations, they make their own backroom deals their and the UN ultimately only serves the interests of the world's elite. This "crackpot coalition" you speak of is an alliance of upcoming world powers that are fed up with American world police BS and are united in their struggle for autonomous culture and technology.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Well it does look all nice in gold....hehe

The size of it suggests it has a payload of about 50 to 75 pounds at best. That is also not taking into consideration on whether it is a small jet engine or internal prop. If it is a small jet engine then the payload would be less with the need for more fuel. I don't think this thing can carry much of anything in the way of missles...very small ones with extremely limited guidance system, mainly point and shoot, so that suggests it would be a flying bomb with navigation done by GPS and a foward camera.

Not much doom in this one...... but as I said it sure looks pretty...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
reply to post by PW229

Well it does look all nice in gold....hehe

The size of it suggests it has a payload of about 50 to 75 pounds at best. That is also not taking into consideration on whether it is a small jet engine or internal prop. If it is a small jet engine then the payload would be less with the need for more fuel. I don't think this thing can carry much of anything in the way of missles...very small ones with extremely limited guidance system, mainly point and shoot, so that suggests it would be a flying bomb with navigation done by GPS and a foward camera.

Not much doom in this one...... but as I said it sure looks pretty...

Agree 100%. Its "payload" would be pathetic. I would go with a slightly higher estimate at around 200lbs in ideal conditions but taking a 1000lb bomb on the centreline... nah, not a hope in hell, as I said in my post, it would simply fall apart.

The configuration does not indicate a ducted fan, it's almost definitely a low bypass turbofan. A ducted fan would see a configuration where the intake is directly in line with the engine. The intake would need to be much larger for a ducted fan. The photographs show an offset between the intake and the engine nozzle.

And finally, what's with the crazy camo pattern? From the air (and this is an area I have a GREAT deal of expertise in) this thing would stick out like a sore thumb if it was flying below you. I saw in another post that this thing is a target, not a weapon. I agree.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The UN is nothing more than politics between nations, they make their own backroom deals their and the UN ultimately only serves the interests of the world's elite. This "crackpot coalition" you speak of is an alliance of upcoming world powers that are fed up with American world police BS and are united in their struggle for autonomous culture and technology.

This alliance you speak of has gone to war with itself (India/Pakistan, Iran/Iraq) and many members are anything but "non-aligned" associating themselves closely with the US or Russia.

Of recent years (since the collapse of the Soviet Union) the organization has spent most of its time criticizing any and all US foreign policies, in addition to writing their condemnation of "zionist policies" into their charter.

In short, they are the teenagers of the international forum, seeking a voice by being rebellious to the ruling powers.

It comes as no surprise to me that they have supporters here, it's a match made in heaven.

I'll ask again though, do YOU think we should allow Iran unfettered access to nuclear materials?

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join