It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Mosque Bombed and No Media Reported It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

On May 10th, a middle-aged man carried a can of gasoline and a pipe bomb into the Jacksonville Islamic Center of Northeast Florida during evening prayers and detonated it. Fortunately, there were no injuries to people, though the bomb did damage property.

The surveillance video above gives a fairly decent picture of this man, who is clearly white, middle-aged, and on a mission.

The local news is all over it, of course. WOKV.com reports the FBI investigating it as a hate crime and possible domestic terrorism.

"It was a dangerous device, and had anybody been around it they could have been seriously injured or killed," says Special Agent James Casey. "We want to sort of emphasize the seriousness of the thing and not let people believe that this was just a match and a little bit of gasoline that was spread around."

Casey says surveillance video from the Islamic Center shows the arsonist carrying gasoline and the pipe bomb. When the explosive went off, parts of it were found 100 feet away on 9A.

Source

I know, it's a few months old...but how ironic is it that the national mainstream media went silent on the domestic terrorist attack...but yet, the same media won't leave the Mosque controversy in NYC alone for a second.

Sad times we live in.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by SeventhSeal]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
well the biggest difference I see here is that

the mosque bombing killed nobody

9/11 killed thousands

and it is a bit misleading in ur title even if not a lie
that no media covered it as you quoted from
WOKV in your OP. So explain how it was not
covered????

[edit on 22-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Compare how how the Times Square 'incident' was covered compared to this.

No one was killed in either one.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Compare how how the Times Square 'incident' was covered compared to this.

No one was killed in either one.

lol
well that's pretty simple
the FBI wanted to tout how fast they caught
the terrorist by using his cell phone and the plane
boarding. It was a shot in the arm for their ego
which is why it stayed in the news.

The guy in FL hasn't been caught.

Remember they publicize their accomplishments
and silence their blunders.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Does it play into the present agenda?

No.

Thousands dead in iraq from extremist suicide attacks and aimed at Iraqi citizens since the beginning of the year. Every day these bombings happen.

Why isn't it in the news?

Because it doesn't fit the agenda.

Dont ask "what" when it comes to the news reported. Ask "Why?".

[edit on 22-8-2010 by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

damn badger
i luv ur posts dude

if u ever run for political office
u got my vote
lol

link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well the biggest difference I see here is that

the mosque bombing killed nobody

9/11 killed thousands

and it is a bit misleading in ur title even if not a lie
that no media covered it as you quoted from
WOKV in your OP. So explain how it was not
covered????

[edit on 22-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

CNN. MSNBC. FOX.

Where are the articles? Where were the headlines? Wasn't this as troubling as the Time Square incident?

Like the member above me posted, it doesn't fit into the agenda.

Also, it helps that Israel controls the MSM as well. It's not surprising the attack was ignored. Who cares about a Mosque being bombed? When Muslims do something that'll make themselves look bad, then the MSM will pick it up.

link   

Well, if my recollection is correct they didn't catch him until a couple of days later. In the meantime it was all they distracted us with 24/7.

I'm not really taking sides mind you, I'm just pointing out that there is some validity to the OP's point.

Why the national media seems to have ignored this one I have no idea. There are plenty of liberal MSM outlets that would normally jump on this to pimp their side. I need to look more into it.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I'm not really taking sides mind you, I'm just pointing out that there is some validity to the OP's point.

I agree
there is some validity to the OP's point.
However along with some sensationalism as well.

His title said NO MEDIA
when it should have read
NO MSM

and as always with sensationalism
there is also an agenda

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Thanks for derailing the thread

If you read my original post, you'd see I made the point no mainstream media covered the event. Not sure what your "agenda" is. (Isn't it fun to throw that word around?)

The point is, a man bombed a building not caring about if anyone was to be injured or even killed and the media refused to pick it up. That should spark anger and disgust.

But I forgot, the Mosque that's being planned many many blocks away from Ground Zero is much more important.

Also, I fail to see why you mentioned 9/11. Because of the Mosque controversy? You do realize it's no where near Ground Zero and it's almost if not completely invisible from the sight of the former WTC.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by SeventhSeal]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It looks like one sect of islam embracing a peaceful action with another sect. This happens all over the world with this progressive and tolerant religion. The sects get together and bond for a religious moment.

Really, it's not news; it's the norm for these folks.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
am i missing something?...all i saw was a man walk a few steps then turn around and walk back. i can't tell if he was white, hispanic, or the gardener.
the main stream media doesn't cover alot of things that happen locally.
the times square bomber had a truck rigged to explode that was designed(poorly) to kill hundreds.
i remember the white militia group in where was it?...michigan? they were armed to the teeth and were ready to shoot law enforcement people, got days of MSM coverage.
maybe it's dependent on the severity and scope that gets it put into the MSM rotation.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is what religious bigotry has brought America.
Once more people are doing it the media can start reporting on it.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What's weird is that I always drove past it since it was off of 9A (At least I think that's the one. It's the only mosque I know of in the Jacksonville area). I never heard anything about it.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I was wondering when this would start happening. When the liberals, multi-culturalists and muslim terrorists would push us too far. However I would not be surprised if the perpetrator were actually muslim. They bomb each others mosques all the time, as some here have noted.

It may even be a false flag operation to try to stir up muslim sympathy. That too is often a terrorist motivation. In Israel they actually attempt to make their own children casualties of war for propaganda purposes against Israeli 'occupying' forces.

No doubt they would love to see christians resorting to violence, but alas it is not permitted to exact this kind of revenge, according to Jesus' teachings.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm with the OP...this should have been reported. While I'm not in favor of the NYC Mosque, it doesn't mean you try and kill innocent people in their house of prayer...and the MSM should have at least reported it for a day or two.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Really? You're comparing liberals to mulsim terrorists?

Get a grip.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I don't think it made news because no body died. If somebody died I am sure it would be on every news channel.

Or maybe because it was a white man attacking an Islamic structure that the MSM didn't mind??

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by SevenThunders

Really? You're comparing liberals to mulsim terrorists?

Well now actually what I'm saying is that liberal policies, such as open borders, unrestricted immigration and worship of third world cultures has led to the mass invasion of western civilization by forces committed to it's destruction. In a way it makes them just as culpable. However I do realize that multi-culturalism is a value carefully inculcated by the elite in order to create division and facilitate world government. Thus I understand that the left and so called progressives are unable to think critically when it comes to their values programming.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
never mind

[edit on 22 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join