It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving Sale Planned At NY's 'Amityville Horror' House _ Ghosts Not Included

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Moving Sale Planned At NY's 'Amityville Horror' House _ Ghosts Not Included

www.cbsnews.com

AP) AMITYVILLE, N.Y. (AP) - The owner of the New York house made famous in the 1979 film "The Amityville Horror" is holding a moving sale.
The five-bedroom Dutch Colonial on Long Island has been on the market since May for $1.15 million and is under contract. Owner Brian Wilson is holding a moving sale Saturday. Items include furniture and exercise equipment, not loot from the house's infamous past.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related Thread Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

[edit on 22-8-2010 by paradiselost333]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I dont know about you but I would be kind of weary buying anything that belongs to that house. lol. If you believe in that kind of thing "like what happened there" and the stories. Is it not true that spirits and Demons can attach themself to objects that mean something to them? That would be way to creepy for me, like I said if you believe in that kind of thing.I know nothing significant has happened in a long time but who knows when they might decide to make an appearance again!

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-8-2010 by paradiselost333]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
OH!
I'd snap up everything I could, get a signed bill of sale, take some picks, and then run right to posting it all on Ebay.

lol

All kidding aside - I wouldn't want anything from the house either. Though I have to wonder what his prices will be!

peace

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

Really? Well. A friend of mine is in the process of selling his house. Once he does and he moves into a different house? I'd like to buy a piece of furniture from Amityville and give it to my friend as a house-warming gift. (In retaliation for all the jokes he played on me). And his wife is a scare-dee-cat. So that'll make things more interesting.

[edit on 8/22/10 by Marked One]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

I read that book and could hardly sleep. Indian burial grounds and disembodied pig heads with beady red eyes in the windows. I grew up in a house you could describe as haunted, so maybe it was a bad idea at 14?

Unless I'm mistaken, the story turned out to be fiction. Kinda like those 'reality' horror movies that are presented as 'true stories.'

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Zillow Entry

Asking $1.15M

It seems like the price has been upped from $867,000:
Yahoo Answers Question

(looks like the Zillow estimate, not the price ??)

The look of the house has been wrecked anyway with vinyl siding and standard rectangular windows, losing all its original charm.

Edit: Interesting thing is the payment went from $4550/mo to $6205/mo between two viewings of the Zillow ad.

[edit on 8/22/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If I had the cash I would buy it.
I don't believe in that paranormal bullcrap and I want a big place.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythic Chris

I might stay there for "One" night just out of curiosity but buying it and making it my home
"nay" just to be on the safe side
I do believe in that sort of thing and would rather not mess around to much!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
That place is not that far from me if I had the time would probably go just to get a closer look,by they way this is my very first post so please forgive the lack of experience.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If I lived there I would definitely go - I would be interesting in buying anything that has been there a long time - I would focus on buying small personal items. Cool!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Amityville Toaster

I met some people who lived there they moved .Not because of ghosts but because every time they turned around there was some curiosity seeker in the house!

they got sick of it and left

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Some of the people involved admitted it was all a hoax and others still swear it was all real.

I'm gonna go with hoax because I don't see why anyone would lie and say they made it all up if it was real.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

Maybe they get tired of all the doubt and questions and just to be done with it all, 'confess' to hoaxing', like a long night in an interrogation room...just get it over with.
Not saying one way or the other, just playing devil's advocate.

new topics

top topics

join