It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will this whole section be deleted in 2013? xD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So I mean like... After u guys have discussed ur hearts out about this whole end of the mayan calendar stuff, and 2013 comes, I'm supposing this whole section will be deleted along with it?=D

I bet all of u will feel like "Well that was that" lol.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
No, it will turn into 2112. Yeah Rush!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I hope it's at least archived as my favourite thread of all time is here.

I'm sure there will be a 2032 forum set up for the supposed polar shift.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
They'll add [HOAX] or [DEBUNKED] to the title is all.
Or maybe [2013?], [2014?], [2015?]...
'cause everyone knows there were computational errors in making
[insert arbitrary calendar name here].

[edit on 8/22/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Regardless, December 22, 2012, should be an interesting day around here. Let's hope it's a lot of great stuff and everyone is happy and well.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
They'll add [HOAX] or [DEBUNKED] to the title is all.

I was figuring the [HOAX] title too. I'm looking forward to coming here on December 22 to join in the chaos of the aftermath of what didn't happen. Of course, in the slim chance that something does actually happen no one will be around to bask in their glory of calling it correctly.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
I hope it's at least archived as my favourite thread of all time is here.

I'm sure there will be a 2032 forum set up for the supposed polar shift.

-m0r

A polar shift takes years and years... it doesn't just happen. So i don't see why they would create a forum about it.

[edit on 22/8/10 by Edews]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It would be great to chuck it in the HOAX bin, archive it so we can all see who said what and lock the lot of it.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It won't be deleted just re-named, 2012 ( Mayans and Hollywood) 2032 (when the fossil fuel are supposed to run out) 2040 (the planets are supposed to align) etc...

Remember back in the old days when people would stand out in the streets with placards saying "The end is nigh" lol that doom mongering is exactly the same as now. Humans are basically rats, if there's a fear that can be exploited by another human being for cash or fame then it will be exploited............

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Delete it.
Doubt it.

There will be a thread explaining the mathematics behind how we've screwed up on the math before...and the end will be every year following 2012.

I think people are afraid to die alone.
We all are going to die one day. I think all this stuff comes from the primal fear of death. The thought of everyone dying together is more calming than dying alone. Spawning this kind of stuff..

It's just fair.

LOL.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

End times ≠ 2012

Im guessing they will only remove the 2012 part of the title.

Many researchers disagree with the 2012 date, in fact it is really only popular amoung pop culture and fiction, many think it(transistion/cataclysm/end of cycle) will be between about 2013-2018. And some also think earlier, like the great spiritual awakening may happen in 2011. Nobody I know has a time machine so everyone is just guessing, though some more informed than others.

It would be really ignorent to think that the myan calander is the basis for all of what gets called the "2012" phenomena, and even more ignorent to think that when the mayan date comes and goes that the "end times" has been disproven.

If lets suppose it was all proven wrong, they still shouldnt delete the section as we should learn from past mistakes, and the information that lead people to believe should still be available for analysis.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I am sure that even if nothing has happened people will say that i might have happened, but we as a species simply weren´t advanced enough.

It is a´n intruiging concept though, thinking that everything that is bad will simply dissappear on that date ( I am talking about the higher frequency thing, not about the world will explode thing ).

I would love to believe in 2012 and believe that our dna will spontaniously evolve on that day, leaving us all basically as jedis.

I would love to believe that all the bad people will stay here in 3d while we good people move on to 4d where energy is free and girls are horny.

I would love to believe, I am just to afraid of being dissapointed.

Btw, here is a good one: Do hardcore 2012 believers buy any presents for christmas 2012? I guess they will have to do a whole lot of shopping on 22nd.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Who knows?.... ....
Maybe nobody could delete it because everyone's else is dead!....We will need to wait and see

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The thread should remain as is. It should be a memorial to how ideas get started and supported despite the overwhelming evidence against.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It should be renamed '' HOAX '', then the forum link should be sent in an e-mail to the proponents of the 2012 movement. Oh, what am I saying, they'd have already taken their load of cash that they stole from the people and gone on a life-ling trip to south america.

Saying that, I still get freaked out about all this 2012 stuff =)

Peace !

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

No, I am pretty sure there already was a thread about the mayans being off by a few to few million years. So it will probably either stay as 2012 (it will become a name to mean the end of world) or there will just be one called "The End of the World as Predicted by the Mayans". Great thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Unium

Freaked out? Wow, I bet ur an easy target for this kinda stuffxD

new topics

top topics

join