It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Inaction Lets Look-Alike Tubes Kill Patients

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

U.S. Inaction Lets Look-Alike Tubes Kill Patients

www.nytimes.com

Thirty-five weeks pregnant, Robin Rodgers was vomiting and losing weight, so her doctor hospitalized her and ordered that she be fed through a tube until the birth of her daughter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I am stunned speechless regarding this horrific story. People (including myself) do not know about this happening or the problem could have been dealt with years ago.

I still cannot believe this is happening in modern hospitals with all of their expensive equipment and testing apparatus available. I would say more but like I said I am still in a state of shock.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Has anyone read this yet ? I need some feedback as to what folks think about this very scary thing going on in the medical industry.

Mods please move to correct forum thanks kindly.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
this is really incompetent medical staff i am not a doctor or a nurse but i can tell the difference between food used by feeding tube and glucose solution used for intravenous feeding . and any idiot giving breast milk thru an iv to a baby could they not read the label or lack there of. they do stupid crap like this regularly. my ex was in hospital when she was six months pregnant night nurse came in with an iv bottle of medicine wanting to know where her iv was because medicine had to go through it. turns out medicine was for a woman having a hysterectomy next morning. now if i hadn't caught the mistake would the idiots have wheeled her to or first thing in morning and removed her uterus only to find out after cutting that she was pregnant i don't know it makes you think.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
i think this fits in here

from link - www.relfe.com...

"Doctors Kill More People
Than Guns and Traffic Accidents Combined

...Dr. Welch also discussed figures from right out of the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)...

...Since the 1850s, we have been developing new drugs to attack and kill the disease invaders and the result has been epidemics of cancers and sicknesses and diseases -- and a very rich and powerful pharmaceutical industry.

Last year, commented Dr. Welch, the pharmaceutical industry did $182 billion in drug sales world wide. . . . Dr. Welch read off some statistics which should cause concern to anybody who sees an allopathic doctor, has medical insurance or may end up in the hospital someday. Again, the following admissions were taken from JAMA:

The top five causes of death in the United States, in order, are tobacco, alcohol, medical malpractice, traffic and firearms. According to JAMA, doctors kill more people than auto accidents and guns. With that in mind, one has to wonder why gun control is such a hot legislative issue when, perhaps, we should be more concerned about doctor control.

The number of people that doctors kill per day from medical malpractice is roughly equal to the amount of people that would die if every day, three jumbo jets crashed and killed everybody on board, commented Dr. Welch who added, in defense of his own profession, just imagine what headlines would result if a chiropractor or a naturopath accidentally killed just one patient?

Another JAMA statistic stated that 1/5 (20 percent) of all people who see an allopath will suffer a doctor-induced injury.

Again, according to JAMA, 16 percent of all people who die in the hospital are determined by autopsy to have died of something other than their admission diagnosis. In other words, the doctor had no idea what was really wrong with the patient and, therefore, the patient may have died for want of appropriate care that would have been subsequent to an accurate diagnosis.

Another trade publication, American Medical News, stated that 28 percent of people admitted to hospitals are there because they have suffered an adverse reaction to prescribed drugs...."

top topics

join