It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk On-Duty Cop Kills - Mayor Calls In FBI

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This story is amazing and typical. It is a story of cops covering for cops, non-arrest and dropping of charges.

It's about a drunk-driving cop who has five previous "incidents" of crashing his police vehicle while drunk on duty, and he finally killed someone.

Officer Bisard was responding to a call (in Indianapolis) and plowed through a group of motorcyclists waiting at a red light, killing one, and severely injuring others.

The officers arriving at the scene of this crash, and their supervisors, completely and criminally ignored their duty, in their plan to shield Officer Bisard from any responsibility.

The officer, who had a blood-alcohol content of .19 (more than twice the legal limit), was initially not charged with DUI. When charges were made, they had to be quickly dropped. Because of their incompetence, the DA dropped the DUI charge.

The Mayor, furious at the dropping of charges, has called in the FBI for an investigation.

Officer Bisard is currently suspended from the force, and three supervisors have taken demotions of rank.

Background and Timeline

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

These 'Cops' who covered for him should all be FIRED.

The cop who killed the motorist should be IN JAIL for voluntary manslaughter.

This is just SICK.

Good for the Mayor. He just earned LOADS of respect from me.

I hope this pig rots in prison for a very long time.

Bastards, all of them.

so much for the 'they are not all bad' crap.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Fired and jailed would be suitable. If people can't do the right thing on their own accord, perhaps they need a further incentive.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What a sad story. Absolutely a travesty and a tragedy.

This police department needs to be cleaned out, top to bottom, and everyone who covered for crimes needs to be charged criminally and accordingly.

Police need to be held to the same standards as the rest of us and should strive to hold themselves to a higher standard as an example.

Absolutely outrageous and unacceptable.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Happens all the time, this was just something that have happened for to long and they got reckless.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
They still have their jobs, and the citizens will pay them huge pensions when they retire. Those who have been demoted are all 20-30 year men.
Meaning; they have been participating in this sort of thing for at least 30 years.
Meaning; we have been paying, and will continue to pay.

These men were at the scene, while the bent and broken motorcycles were still on the ground!
Link

All three were at the accident scene on Aug. 6, when Bisard's cruiser hit a group of motorcyclists. Eric Wells was killed.

Officer Bisard even, is only suspended at this point.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Dogdish]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Wow, what a horrible situation. Calling the FBI seems a bit odd. It might be that he didn't trust the IMPD's internal affairs, but it still doesn't seem like that would be the normal chain, but I guess it varies from state to state with inter-agency relationships.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Not really, The FBI is charged with looking into corruption at law enforcement agencies...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Yes, but typically, there are other agencies in the chain in a state before the FBI is called. But again, maybe the mayor didn't have faith in those. Will be interesting to follow and see what the FBI does...if they tell us.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

This is the third "odd" incident this year, that I'm aware of; concerning the Indianapolis police.

I'm new to the area, less than one year, but the corruption seems rampant.

The story has already been "softened" by the media, the story I originally saw showed Bisard's accidents were caused by alcohol. Note that this story does not.

Note also the creeping deflection of blame in the "background" story:

A blood test indicated Bisard was drunk and he was initially charged with seven DUI-related felonies. But those chargers were later dropped because the blood test had been mishandled and no other evidence supported the DUI charge.

None of the riders was wearing a helmet.

And for Officer Bisard:

A nine-year veteran, Bisard received several awards from the department, including a medal of valor for killing a bank robbery suspect who had ambushed him with an AK-47 in April. He recorded more than 800 arrests in nine years with IMPD, according to records.

As a member of the Noblesville Police Department in the late 1990s, e received awards two years in a row from Mothers Against Drunk Driving and won commendations four years in a row.

Italics by me.

And finally:

Bisard also was one of the IMPD's most aggressive officers. Records show his 14 vehicle pursuits were more than any other officer working in Marion County in 2003 and 2004. But in eight years with IMPD, he had five minor on-duty crashes during pursuits.

What a guy.

The only new evidence that's been reported since the FBI joining (that I've seen) the investigation is surveillance pictures of Bisard buying a half gallon of liquor at a local store the night before the accident. (a half gallon)

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
think of it as a gang
if one of my gang members kills an inocent ill lie to keep him out of jail the police are no diffrent ther the gangs for the goverment this will allways be the same nothing will ever change

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

I can't believe once again LE criminals... When will people learn LE only protects and serves itself and corporate interest. Regular people get mowed down at traffic lights by rogue cops and somehow (in a no helmet state) the fact that they are not wearing helmets makes it their own damn fault that a drunk cop killed them!

There is so much corruption in police depts that I am more afraid of them than I am so-called criminals. I mentioned this one in another thread, but a buddy of mine served on a police advisory board in "a major city". He relayed some very disturbing stats about police crimes including assault (physical and sexual) which are MUCH more frequently perpetrated (on a per capita basis) by LEOs than the gen pop.

One stat that disturbed me the most was that if you are male, driving alone in this city and pulled over after 11pm the chances of your surviving the encounter are 50%!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sjorges2002

There is so much corruption in police depts that I am more afraid of them than I am so-called criminals. I mentioned this one in another thread, but a buddy of mine served on a police advisory board in "a major city". He relayed some very disturbing stats about police crimes including assault (physical and sexual) which are MUCH more frequently perpetrated (on a per capita basis) by LEOs than the gen pop.

I think that is part of the plan, as others have stated in this thread. They have the power, and continued fear tactics will make it grow.

They happily destroy lives daily, arresting, fining, jailing and taking away the children of people for "non-violent crime". Yet, you have to worry about your life interrupted by thugs deluded into thinking they are doing the public good by these and other tactics. (think warrants and property seizures)

This goes on daily, and nobody wants change.

I have been watching this story for a while, expecting it to be posted on here. I'm no expert on this story, but I think it has to be told to a larger audience.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

I came across the idea that gangs in america over time increase and legitimize their power (if successful) in a blog about jebidiah bartman (stevebartman.blogspot.com...). He was a guy who lived into his 90s and he described what it was like for people in NY and how extortion by gangs became a legitimate local tax on trade.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Thank God for Mayors! I may run for my local town mayoral office. I would love putting an end to corruption like this.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
The cop who killed the motorist should be IN JAIL for voluntary manslaughter.

This is just SICK.

well to be quite honest
I think this story fits more
into involuntary manslaughter.

To prove voluntary, you would have
to prove his intent to do it the way
I remember. Maybe I'm wrong.

But I think the FEDS were brought in
cuz somebody didn't know how far up
the chain this went.

And I agree with Luc, that IA should have been
the ones to be called first, however you have to
realize this is the 5th offense for this officer so
in the past, he has slipped thru the cracks thusly
IA hadn't done their job up to this point so why
trust them to do it now.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Flip this around

If a drunk driving citizen killed a motorcycle cop what would happen?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Sounds like a good excuse to further Federalize the police. Instead of using the IA department in place the mayor says "We need the FEDS to come in and clean this out". Just one more excuse to put the fed in control of our state police....

Christ...these cops have NO CLUE as to how their actions play in to the NWO's hands

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Isn't voluntary manslaughter, actually like murder in the 2nd? Or is it like, me volunteering to be the one who hangs the criminal? I am confused.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The cover-up was certainly voluntary.

He wasn't even tested until hours after the event, then had the opportunity to turn himself in!

Cop charged in accident turns himself in

A probable cause affidavit filed today alongside the charges says Bisard's patrol car likely was traveling 65 to 70 mph with siren blaring before it began skidding on East 56th Street in a failed bid to avoid the motorcycles, which were stopped in the left lane. Bisard's blood alcohol content tested at 0.19 in a blood draw taken two hours after the incident.

65 to 70mph on 56th St... at what point was any of this "involuntary"?

I think at some point, this becomes 'learned' behavior. There is no worry about penalty, so why worry?
Link.

EARLIER: Bisard not yet arrested in crash Investigators ordered a blood draw from IMPD canine officer David Bisard at 1:48 p.m. Friday, more than two hours after he was in a deadly accident involving two motorcycles in Indianapolis. (2 of 3) Bisard was never booked into jail in spite of a previous accident, officials said. “We have no record of him being here or having been here,” said Marion County Jail spokesman Julio Fernandez.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join