It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Seen as 'Failure' by 53 Percent of Americans, Gallup Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by godsenddeath

Sorry man, but as you have already suggested my education was apparently provided by the STATE therefor rendering me incapable of holding any sort of thought for any length of time

But hey, HAIL THE STATE [unless its do to with the education they provide]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

I appologize once again if I have possibly come across as hostile.
You sir, are quite capable of a prolonged thought process. After all you are using the same human mind I am, simply different perspectives. I think (and this is my own angle on things) maybe you could read what i actually posted, contemplate it, and use your human mind, you where born with. Obviously, hopefully you would not be here simply to inflame a touchy subject. One rife with more conspiracy than our great minds can begin to wrap around. Break it down my friend, to humanity in its simplest form.

HAIL..add your own fanciful hallucination..

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

so which is it?

obama and biden claiming iraq a victory?

now this polls says its a failure?

cant have it both ways no matter how hard you all try.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Millions? That's absolutely absurd. I thought you were attempting to argue with a shred of credibility. Iraq itself only claims civilian casualties in the thousands during the 'No Fly-Zone' airstike raids. If the figures approached even a fraction of the bologna you're throwing out there the UN would have flew off it's rocker. Let's not forget that the 'No Fly-Zone' itself was implemented to PROTECT the Kurdish people in Northern Iraq, and rebellious Shiite majorities in Southern Iraq. All the airstrikes were targeting the Iraqi military and intelligence departments, it was not wanton destruction of civilian areas. That's just a blatant lie.
Let's not leave out Iraq's non-compliance with the ceasefire agreements and UN resolutions, which is the main reason for the entire ordeal. Besides the United Kingdom, the US were the only ones willing to forcefully coerce Iraq into obeying.

I've spoken with hundreds, maybe thousands of Iraqis ranging in deep, meaningful conversations, to just curt greetings. The situation you describe is just fantasy and propaganda.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Gainsayer]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gainsayer

I think, (and yes, once again..my own human opinion.) I sympathize with the kurds. These people, my ATS friends have suffered greatly. But it makes no difference. Many have suffered greatly, and yet that point is lost on so many minds capable of making a difference.

"YAY !!!! The Iraq war is a failed war. It hasnt directly effected me in any way, so i can comment and take a poll. I was right from the beginning."

Please flinch as you take your punches, so I will have prior knowledge to thier coming.

HAIL THE STATE

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
People talk up the Palestinians, but the Kurds are by far the most oppressed ethnicity in the world.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Iraqi bishop says U.S. betrayed country, Christians suffer most
The United States has “betrayed its duty to bring peace and security” to Iraq, according to Chaldean Auxiliary Bishop Shlemon Warduni of Baghdad, in an interview on Friday with the Italian daily La Stampa. The Americans leave behind “an Iraq worse off than the one they found seven years ago,” said Warduni, who’s widely regarded as the most charismatic voice among the Iraqi bishops.

ncronline.org...
darn Christians did 911..

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg today restated his view that the Iraq War was illegal, saying: "I don't think the legality of that invasion has been proven."
Apart from questions over the legality of the conflict, Mr Clegg said the wisdom of the 2003 invasion "certainly hasn't been proven at all".
www.independent.co.uk...

my god look at all the missing american money
CROOKS SAY: HA HA HA! MISSION SUCCESFUL!
solari.com...
TRILLIONS...!

The loser wasn't the Iraqis though....well 53 % are just starting to figure it out...good thing for the crooks the US isn't really democratic...

More than one million Iraqis dead since 2003 invasion: study
A fifth of Iraqi households lost at least one family member between March 2003 and August 2007 due to the conflict, said data compiled by London-based Opinion Research Business (ORB) and its research partner in Iraq, the Independent Institute for Administration and Civil Society Studies (IIACSS).

The study based its findings on survey work involving the face-to-face questioning of 2,414 Iraqi adults aged 18 or above, and the last complete census in Iraq in 1997, which indicated a total of 4.05 million households
afp.google.com...

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gainsayer

Here is an article for you to read to understand better the situation in Iraq during the time of U.N sponserd sanctions. It has all sorts of wonderful stats for you to gleem over from the U.N and UNICEF. It essentialy covers the deaths of innocent people because of the sanctions, the destruction caused by ten years of near constant air strikes and also the mass corruption in America proffitering from the U.N oil for food programme.

www.globalissues.org...

I do not understand how you reach the conclusions that you do, they do not seem to be based on any reality that i know off, anyway.

HAIL THE STATE i say even when the state is responsible for the death of millions of innocent people in the persuit of economic advantage, guess im just of blinkerd that way.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I really like how you seem to jumble up different issues. Regardless, your reality is based on news reports, biased ones at that.

Pending who you ask, the deaths directly attributed to the sanctions, range from 150,000 to a little over a million. Really reliable estimates
, although people who distort facts to suit their agenda, like yourself, will no doubt believe it's the latter. It's just odd that I've never heard of this epidemic, especially amongst infants, from Iraqi's describing an entire generation of their youth dieing. Hmm, I wonder why...MAYBE BECAUSE IT'S EXAGGERATED CRAP??
Saddam and his regime of murdering, raping, criminals were to blame for the suffering of the people.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Gainsayer]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
So sir, what exactly is your opinion. Because, upon reading your link, I find myself questioning what your attempting to prove. Iraq pre-war was a misirable place where an estimated 500,00 children (thats an entire generation). Are you attempting to point out Iraq was a worse place Pre-war. Or, are you a trying to bait some type of rise on a controversial topic? Did, you possibly not read your link?

No really your right Iraq was way better under a totalitarian dictatorship, with an ancient by modern standards infrastructure. Gassing a minority tribal group is okay. So is instatutionalized rape, and systematic murder.

HAIL..add your own hallucination...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think he's trying to point out that the only reason current Iraq is better than pre-war Iraq, is because the sanctions the UN, and the world, placed on Iraq, made Iraq worse before the war ever started.

Does anybody have a clear picture of what Iraq was like prior to Iran-Iraq war, post Iran-Iraq war, and pre Sanctions?

That would be the only semi thorough way to judge if the war in Iraq could be a victory or loss.

Edit: I suck at spelling.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by peck420]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Post Iran/Iraq war left a huge corrupt military infrastructure.
At the beginning of the U.S./coalition invasion the Iraqi army stood at 715,000, 400,000 of wich were shiite conscripts.
Yes, Saddam for all intents and purposes had a slave army.

Spartan rations, token pay, brutal hazing,
and yes friends arbitrary execution.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by godsenddeath

If you can back that all up with sources, then I would say that the war in Iraq is a success.

Pretty simple really.

I am still curious about Iraq pre Iraq-Iran war...be back later, time to go researching.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by peck420]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Huge success for the neocons...

They got the oil, they got the permanent bases, they got the defense spending, got to test some crazy new microwave weapons, they got the citizens of the U.S. to be okay with less civil liberties, okay with torture to illicit intentional false confessions to perpetuate the false war...

Huge success!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I Propose if this subject truly, and I do mean truly, peaks your intrest. RESEARCH. It entails almost more than one can wrap the mind around.

My figures are from a book by Ambassador L. Paul Bremer III. upon his arrival, and takover. To begin "nation building". However, there are many books being written about the subject. As I stated if this truly peaks your intrest,read.

Pre Iraq/Iran, as you know, was dealing with a fundamental control change in Iran, to a muslim STATE. Which freaked out fearless leader Saddam. Iraq has plenty of oil, but Limited access to the gulf. And I mean limited. As you can assume, to keep a lavish lifestyle and keep your family and henchmen living same said lifestyle (while your people scrape). One must transport this valuable resource, to fuel the STATE.

As much as I detest government, the Iraqi people, however controlled by much religious propaganda, are most surely experiencing more freedom in 2010 than say 1979. Thats what the OP headline stated, a small majority (in an opinion poll) said the Iraq war failed
ie; Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Is there more freedom in Iraq? should be the question. Sadly, we have a centuries year old divide in the predominant religion. And the fact a minority tribal group in north, would rather create their own state.

I simply have a mental vested intrest, as do all veterans, In the welfare of the Iraqi populace. Every day I hear of an Iraqi citizen, or U.S. military death, I have to spit the foul taste out of my mouth. A flavor, Im glad most people calling the whole thing a failure and speculate, know nothing about.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by godsenddeath]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join