It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iran plans to unveil defense project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Report: Iran plans to unveil defense project

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- The Iranian defense minister has said the country's military plans to unveil an important project Sunday, state media said.

Defense Minister Brig. Gen. Ahmad Vahidi said a project of "great importance" would be made public Sunday, state-run Press TV reported.

"Iran's defense capability has reached a point which does not need any aid from other countries," Vahidi said, according to the semiofficial Iranian Students News Agency.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I wonder what type of capability he is talking about here and if it has anything to do with Iran's new "peaceful" power plant. Now I know that many people on here hate Isreal for some reason but it looks like Iran may be up to something sneaky as well. It is a little scary that Iran may have nukes as they may blow some up. Even though Isreal has had nukes, how many of those bombs have gone off on another country?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Urekabado

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Sunday inaugurated the country's first domestically built unmanned bomber aircraft, calling it an "ambassador of death" to Iran's enemies.
The 4-meter-long drone aircraft can carry up to four cruise missiles and will have a range of 620 miles (1,000 kilometers), according to a state TV report - not far enough to reach archenemy Israel.

The goal of the aircraft, named Karrar or striker, is to "keep the enemy paralyzed in its bases," he said, adding that the aircraft is for deterrence and defensive purposes.
The president championed the country's military self-sufficiency program, and said it will continue "until the enemies of humanity lose hope of ever attacking the Iranian nation."

Source

Second Source with picture

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Urekabado

I just realised that it already happened, nothing about nuclear powerplants. Should read the other posts and the dates first

[edit on 24-8-2010 by iamaperson]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Maybe Iran is going to unveil its own missile shield?

Or they may tell the world that they have possesion of the missing russian suitcase nukes and if any attack on iran takes place they will activate them in all major western capital cities

who knows, we can just speculate....I very much doubt they will announce they have nuclear missile/bomb ability as a deterent unless they are playing chicken!

They havent been able to enrich uranium up to the required amount yet and are far from it.

Their best case for defence would be for the Russians to announce that any attack on Iran is an attack on Russia.....that'd deter Israel!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Maybe Iran is going to unveil its own missile shield?

Please read my above post

top topics

join