It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

martyn stubbs video of nasa ufos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I just saw this video myself (it was recently on USENET).

I have to say, much as I am a believer in UFOs, I think this video is much ado about nothing. I notice of all the experts Stubbs claims he spoke to, he never once mentioned speaking to a camera/photography expert. I think these phenomenon could easily be explained as ice crystals, space debris, or camera flukes.

Especially the ones he calls the "third phenomena". If they only show up in one frame, I think that's a pretty strong argument for them being recording artifacts rather than anything "real".

As for the astronaut's comments, they could again be referring to space debris or some such.

All in all, an interesting video, but it's a million miles away from being the smoking gun.

Also, I have a copy of the video in very good quality on my HD. I don't think there'd be any problem with posting the actual NASA footage somewhere, since it's public footage (as opposed to the other portions of the video). If anyone knows of a space I can upload it, I'll be happy to. Please don't ask me to email it to anyone though, since I don't want to have to upload it more than once.

-koji K.

[edit on 28-8-2004 by koji_K]

[edit on 28-8-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The teather appears larger accross because it is emitting the same type of plasmas that a neon light emits. I saw this portion on a documnetry on the Sci channel. There was a scientist that stated the teather was charged somehow. when a filiment is charged in a vacum(spelling?), it emits the same type of glow that a neon light emits. That glow is a plasma discharge. Or so the scientist said.
It really looks to me like there are objects moving underneath the object. Further more, if you watch this video closley, the anomolys that are present are pulsating with some kind of glow as well. They also appear to have moving parts on the tops that seem to spin in a circular motion.

I do have to agree with most of the statements being made about the flashes of light though. those seem pretty far fetched. The Objects by the teather just appear mechanical in nature to me.

I also downloaded the file in question from the Bit torrent site in question. The first 30 minutes or so is actually pretty beoring. Its not untill the last part of the film that you actually get to see all this footage in any length. If you download or buy the movie, skip the first 3/4's of it. Basically, the guy just says over and over that he worked for the cable co. and had access to all equipment necassary to record this stuff.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
kid finger, do not tell people to skip the first 3 quaters of the video, its the mot important part! And as for the guy who said that he never consulted a video/camera expert well there is a good reason. martyn Stubbs IS a camera and video expert, he is an editor, and knows exactly which cameras are being used and what there frame and scan rates are.

Acidhead i also think you have overlooked a pretty large piece of footage, where the objects in space DO change direction, and quite dramaticaly. They come in from the top left of the screen heading towards the right, then they change direction upwards towards to top of the screen. AND as for the comments about the fuilm being out of focus, well that is also wrong, on the tether footage you can clearly se that the camera man goes in and out of focus trying to get the optimum picture, and eventually he does.

Acid head you seem determined to debunk everything. People say that we need people to be skeptical, but its the skeptics that people believe, because its easier to believe the more simple of 2 explanations. Its for that reason that when monumental footage like this comes out, no-one takes notice, because it gets debunked and people believe the debunkers. Our minds are conditioned by the mediA, think OUTsIDE if the box. Look at the footage with an empty and open mind. forget what everyone has told you and forget thinking your crazy for believing it.

Believe no-one but yourself, and i myself believe, to the point where i KNOW that this is intelligent craft.

this is the smoking gun, but you arent ever hear about it from any news channel.

Theres a revolution coming, and it isnt going to be televised. The only reason this revolution isnt in full swing is because people who arent in the know listen to people like acidhead as apposed to Martyn Stubbs, because its easier.

Imagine if this went on to the BBC tommorrow, on the 6 oclock news.

"Alien craft spotted in space by nasa astronauts"

EVERYONE would belive it, because the BBC said it, and we all believe and trust the BBC.

but if the news story read

"Strange objects spotted in space by nasa astronauts"

No-one would care because they wouldnt think twice about it.

Its time for bringing the information revolution to the masses and time to stop listening and believing in Disinfo, and its time to take these events upon ourselves to deal with.

makes me mad to think we are all being lied to, and most people seem so eager to swallow it.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

as for the comments about the fuilm being out of focus, well that is also wrong, on the tether footage you can clearly se that the camera man goes in and out of focus trying to get the optimum picture, and eventually he does.

if you watch the movie and listen to the nasa voice over from mission control he actually says that the camera is out of focus as the tether is too far away - the quote from the show was "they camera is focused onto infinity"

nothing to do with plasmas or anything - the glow is out of focus tether reflecting a bright sunlight at the camera , this is evident as the shape of the "ufos" change as the camera zooms - they start as solid dots and get more fuzzy and blured

atmospherelike i have said before - we can see small spacestations in our skies , im sure we would have seen a couple of hundred huge ufos in our outer atmosphere darting about all over the place.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by philphonic
And as for the guy who said that he never consulted a video/camera expert well there is a good reason. martyn Stubbs IS a camera and video expert, he is an editor, and knows exactly which cameras are being used and what there frame and scan rates are.

Yes, but being an editor doesn't nessecarily mean you are an expert in optics and lenses.

Acid head you seem determined to debunk everything. People say that we need people to be skeptical, but its the skeptics that people believe, because its easier to believe the more simple of 2 explanations.

It's always a good policy to assume the simplest explanation. (I think that reasoning is called Occham's Razor.) The thing is, once enough evidence is released such that extraterristrial intelligence *becomes* the simplest explanation, then we'll have proof. But when a simpler explanation exists, what benefit could there possibly be in assuming the more complex one? If we assumed that this footage is proof positive of ET's, then why would we bother looking any further? This is the basis of science. Always try out the simplest theory that fits with the facts.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Acid head you seem determined to debunk everything. People say that we need people to be skeptical, but its the skeptics that people believe, because its easier to believe the more simple of 2 explanations. Its for that reason that when monumental footage like this comes out, no-one takes notice, because it gets debunked and people believe the debunkers. Our minds are conditioned by the mediA, think OUTsIDE if the box. Look at the footage with an empty and open mind. forget what everyone has told you and forget thinking your crazy for believing it.

i did , i watched the film and wondered why this person who knows things about cameras seen huge ufos in the sky instead of dust.
then i thought about this guy and how he is making money from the sale of this amazing discovery and it made sense.

if you get a clueless , willing to believe anything you tell them public who will chew on anything that goes against rational thinking then they will buy whatever you throw at them. this bloke while catching a few "unknowns" has stretched the film on for far too long.

i would say a 5 min documentary about the flashes and another 10 mins about some weird shadows on the moon etc wouldnt sell as much as some ground breaking out of focus dust on a tether

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hello, Im new to this forum but I wanted to add my 2 cents. Let me Start off by saying if anyone didnt believe in ufo's it was me. I went the first 15 years of my life a skeptic. My friend randy always used to talk about ufo's crashing in the desart and what not. and not to offend him I would always be like "wow thats interesting" but never did I ever believe him.

So one day during summer vacation he comes over and we hung out for the day. As day turns to night we figured maby my parents would let him stay the night being summer and all. My parents wernt haveing it and said "we'll take him home after we eat dinner". The two of us already haveing eaten decided to wait outside. So its getting dark at this point and we see a light in the sky. Nothing that really seemed out of place but there was nothing better to do so we stared at it.

The object was moveing north at a fairly slow rate of speed so we started walking down the street in the same direction following the object. It slows down to about the same rate of speed we were walking if not slower because we found our selves directly under the object. It stops, we stop whatever it was got really bright for a second and flew south at such a rate of speed that light was trailing behind it. We bouth stood there speachless for atleast a minute or two. I cant tell you what it is but I can tell what it wasnt. It was not ice or any knid of shooting star.

To this day I would I would think I was crazy if I didnt have a witness there with me. I guess my point is if what I saw was real why cant Mr.Stubbs findings be real? One other thing if you watch the video where they show the space hatch and a caption says use the pause button to find the phenomenon. You can clearly see that they share the same light source. Thats all I got but I will stand by my accounts till the day I die!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yeah, I've seen the whole tape.
In fact, I own a copy.
I bought it a few years ago through Atlantis Rising magazine.
you still might be able to get one from atlantisrising.com

It's a somewhat boring video for about twenty or so minutes.
Then all this wierd stuff happens.
Giant jellyfish/discs in outer space.
Lots of streaks of light, giving the impression that they are far away crafts, or something moving of their own will.
Very strange.
A while back, I lent it to a guy I worked with and he came back the next day, white as a sheet because, I guess, it kind of shook his perception of the world.
(of course, it didn't have that kind of profound effect on my, but it was definitely a good watching experience).

Yeah, very strange.
I think I'll watch it again and then post here again in case I can answer any questions
(just keep in mind, that I'm definitely no expert in the field of ufos and aliens [this is my disclamer
NOT AN EXPERT!] )

If any of you get the chance, it's definitely worth watching at least once, because, seriously, it's freaky!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by acidhead

hehe NASA have removed your picture?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hey guys

i think I posted this video some time ago in the documentaries thread, any how its up on google video

video.google.com...#

top topics

<< 1   >>

join