It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divided and Conquered.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

i had my suspicions that you may be an intelligent individual.
and some of your posts continue to substantiate this doubtlessness i endure concerning this shibboleth & truism.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Is it just that humans are programmed from the start to fear what is different? what is unfamiliar? Perhaps over time we realize just because its not exactly something to fear its hard for us to learn that because it so much easier to draw that battle line.

So easy to just fall back into that mindset, some what hard for us to just accept others, media just helps the further division almost as if that's their main motive.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Is it just that humans are programmed from the start to fear what is different? what is unfamiliar? Perhaps over time we realize just because its not exactly something to fear its hard for us to learn that because it so much easier to draw that battle line.

So easy to just fall back into that mindset, some what hard for us to just accept others, media just helps the further division almost as if that's their main motive.

Humans being cautious about something different is not, from my own estimation, not a learned behavior. To be otherwise would seem more a learned behavior.

When an outsider goes into a tribe in the middle of the bush, if accepted they will sit around and laugh at the differences they have. This is something that i have seen played out the world over. We are fascinated by the differences amongst ourselves.

Fearing these differences may be a learned behavior, however, and predates media by such a large degree. At first it is likely caused by a single interaction, and then through the careful behaviors of elders becomes cultural.

This trait is what is played on by politicians and media. It is a base and instinctive response that can be easily manipulated.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join