It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divided and Conquered.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
A friend of mine sent me a video Divide and Be Conquered. I watched it and all I could think was man this is an old video but its exactly right, this is exactly what they do. Its the oldest trick in the book. I find it sad that humans are so easy to manipulated.

We all like to think that we are in control of our own thoughts and emotions, but we aren't totally. Instead we are bombarded by constant flow of negativity, absorbing these doctrines of hate spoon fed to us.

While you might say: *insert generic defense mechanism here*

It has always been about polarity, forcing us into choosing a side, breaking us down into smaller and smaller groups, forcing us to find our premade identities and cling to them til the bitter end.

It can be hard to get out of this way of thinking, I'm not saying I am perfect, none of us are. Just be aware what is going on around you, and if you will spare me 15 minutes of your life and watch the video, if you don't agree with it that is fine, if you don't wanna watch it, that's whats up, but its here awaiting you.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Excellent video that anyone who's not afraid of mirrors should see.

Thank you ... and nice to see you around.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
S & F, haven't seen this... how sad that generations countinue the same hatreds our forfathers tried to overcome... deny ignorance I guess...

Fox

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
divided maybe... conquered, never.

I speak only for my self, if only all did so as-well.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The more people that watch this the better imo. Look at the division amongst us at a simple forum its not just here its prevalent every where, specially on the the internet, and in our communities in which we live.

People even group together based upon income, not even to mention all the obvious crap. Heck even brands, you know? Mac vs PC, Ford vs Chevy, it goes on forever. It's kinda cultist.

Something about us humans wanting to group together and say this is who I am, this premade identity, tribal mindset spilling over into modern day society?

They pick up on this and use it against us.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Truer words never spoken ... yet it must be noted that the egoic mind that most self-identify with, is a willing enabler of the above dynamic. It seeks validation from other like self-identified minds forming groups of mutually validated egos, all but begging to be wagged en masse.

As I have often said, the greatest division is the one we create within ourselves.

It's all fun and games till someone loses an I.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

They constructed it that way..to use against us. Human psychology is an interesting thing and they knew that before the interwebz and before the people they use it against...

We really are playing catch up...the fun part is, in my estimation, they were too lax with the info they had before we had access to it...and I use the term fun very loosely...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It saddens me that this thread and relevant video is getting so little attention ...

It seems to me that in these times where people are drawing dogmatic lines in the sand the message is as important as ever.

Perhaps that is why folks don't want to hear it ... the conditioning is seeded to deep.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Maybe it cuts into them and they don't wanna see it? So much easier to just scream about a mosque or a church or some other retarded division. Much easier to draw the line in the sand on jump on your side and identify with someone else so that you aren't alone and have a common enemy.

Don't waste 15 mins just watch first 5 and I think the msg gets across.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

How are we ever going to be able to destroy ourselves as a human race if we aren't able to divide and conquer the little groups? You're working against the tide, it seems. Everything we do is geared toward our total destruction, so why would anyone want to fight that?

Call your neighbours out as radicals. Point your fingers at minorities and shout that they are threatening your jobs. Buy everything at Walmart and, for heaven's sake, don't buy anything made in your own country. After all, you want those neighbours to lose their shops, don't you? Buy lots of guns and despise your police. They are just all pigs anyways, right? You can do the local job of peacekeeping much better with your fully automatic assault rifle. Hate your government too and be sure never to vote. They're all liars anyways and only work in their own best interests, not yours or mine.

Go with the flow and promote hatred. That way, there'll eventually be much more elbow room.

(sarcasm off)

Great video, btw.
A timeless lesson for all the haters among us.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Followed this here from S-Dog's blog. Outstanding video, and mirrors parallels I have been making in the US's march towards a nationalistic/fascist society.

Here is a bump, and I have posted this on another forum as well (where some narrow minds might benefit....maybe).

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
There's a point to be had in this video, though I did not understand a word. I could still make out what the Nazi at the rally was doing, as we see a man look at the ring on his hand identifying him as a freemason and the other man with necklace that I believe is jewish (correct me if I'm wrong)?

Regardless, THEY use our perceived differences against us in order to get us to willingly conform to THEIR agenda. WE willingly march, hence the subversion of free will and the march to wars.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

May I begin by saying that at base, I believe in the inherent goodness of the next person, and the next

The problem as I see it, is the conditioning or programming if you like, in childhood. Parents mean no harm, nor does the average clergyman. They're simply trying to instill values in the young, just as those values were imparted to them.

The problem lies in the reverence for a flag and the instilled belief that this religion is the most 'right'. And of course, in amongst all that, we form the impression that this flag, this religion, is ours and that we're part of it

As children, most of us are exposed to the wisdom of ' Give me the child until it is 7 years of age, and I'll give you the man '. Our parents might even explain to us what this means. But we don't connect it with our own indoctrination per flag and religion. We simply think it has something with education or decent values, tuition or whatever

At more prosaic level, we're collecting cues as we move through childhood, e.g. Dad drives an X-make vehicle and wouldn't touch Brand-B. Mum and Dad vote for 1-2-3-Party -- always have, always will. At home, we almost always watch XYZ-Channel. Mother shops at LMN-chain because they have the best prices and quality. Dad drinks GGG-brand beer, like his father before him. Our families go to a certain resort for holidays every year and so do their friends - it's the best - those who go to that other resort are rough, earn less, not 'our' type.

We attend such-and-such school. Maybe it's a faith-based school. It's the best, everyone knows that. And maybe we mix almost exclusively with kids from that school until early adulthood. We might marry classmates. They're godparents to our children and we to theirs. We select from that same pool when we're hiring or seeking employment. We have connections with certain legal firms, with people in the local council. They're the ones we help and who help us. Nothing wrong with that, we say. We like to know who we're dealing with and we know we can trust those from our group

Often, we won't consider crossing those lines. There are parts of town we'd never visit, certain restaurants and retail establishments we just wouldn't think of patronising. We prefer our own. Our own offer security. We enjoy that peace of mind

These attitudes are common to all divides. Right now, we live in an area that's undergoing considerable change. It used to be predominantly Italian, apparently. Prior to that, it was a genteel WASP neighbourhood. The Italians replaced the WASPS and now -- because of its close proximity to the CBD -- it's keenly sought by mid-life professionals of no particular persuasion

The Italians will move out, but at the moment it's a bit touchy, bit sensitive. The Italians are resentful, so it's always there, under the surface. Enter a chemists/pharmacy, and older Italians still insist on speaking Italian to the chemist/pharmacist. The pharmacists are 3rd or 4th generation Italian. Some have told me they had to make the effort to relearn Italian, in order to speak with Italian customers who otherwise would go to the Italian-speaking pharmacists up the road. And as a non-Italian, I'm regarded as non-existent by those older Italians who take it for granted I should stand and wait as they chatter on and on in their language about inconsequentials with the uncomfortable pharmacist . He just wants to make a living, poor guy. To him, my money is as good as that of the Italians. But he must obey protocol or he'll lose his Italian customers. I don't envy his position

Step outside and walk up half a block and there you'll find a cafe frequented predominantly by Lebanese - first, second and third generation migrants. It's their opinion that they 'own' that location. They make it clear. They congregate almost in shifts at the tables and chairs on the footpath. The local council allows the cafe-owner X-square metres of footpath for a fee. But the Lebanese push the boundaries to the extreme, requiring non-Lebanese to squeeze through in single-file. It's resented by the general populace but the Lebanese are a dominant race generally speaking, and always ready to rumble

The air around the Lebanese sector is blue with four letter words, quite often. They enjoy laughter and argument, table-thumping, running commentaries on the physical attributes or not, of non-Lebanese females. Their music dominates the street. And there's a constant stream of noisy vehicles trawling past with horn-honking and catcalls back and forth between Lebanese on the footpath and those in the cars. They're staking claim. It doesn't go down well with the older Italian residents or with the general community. But few do more than mutter as they squeeze past - because Lebanese aren't at all averse to a punch-up or to delivering loud insults. The nearest 'Lebanese owned suburb' is several kilometres away, is a no-go area for most. So this new development is a rapidly growing outpost which the Lebanese contingent travel some distance to maintain

At the recent elections, the still strong Italian population voted predictably and as always returned their traditionally-supported party. It will be the same at the next State elections, when they will return the same member, on the strength of the fact she's of Italian descent, with an Italian surname -- despite that she's widely regarded as 'totally useless' as far as taking care of her constituents is concerned. I know her pretty well and she quite candidly told me she owes her career to that Italian surname and was placed in this district to garner Italian votes. In predominantly Greek suburbs there are politicians of Greek descent capitalising on it -- captitalising on Greeks strong tendency to vote for those with Greek surnames. And so on

Asians generally stick to their own to the extent that on a current-affairs programme they interviewed (via interpreters) those from the large number of second generation Asians who again quite candidly say that they won't bother to learn English because their entire life in this country revolves around the large Asian community and business districts, etc. In other words, they've constructed a self-supporting Asia away from home and are not particularly fond of - or of dealing with - the non-Asian host population

Which completes the circle. All the various groups programmed to believe their group, their religion, their traditions, their flag, their homeland, etc. .... are 'the best'

It's not at all difficult for fomenters of wars and divisions (cultural and other) to drive in those wedges. The wedges already exist. And staged and phony news-items are used to keep tapping those wedges deeper

When I was younger and idealistic, it was my philosophy that children should not be raised by their biological families

I thought about it and decided that the only way this could be achieved was via Big Brother society, whereby ' You want a child ? Ok. Come here and have your child. When it's born, it will go into the holding-tank-nurseries. When you depart, you will be handed a child. It will not of course, be your biological child. It will be whatever child is at the front of the conveyor belt as you depart. Raise it to the best of yoru ability. Goodbye '.

In this way, I believed, parents would be provided all the joys and sense of fulfilment of parenthood, of having a child, a family

But -- this method would put an end to remarks such as, ' Look. He has eyes just like his grandfather. Look, he's good with his hands like Uncle Mick. Look, he's turning into a thug, just like your brother ', etc.

It would also put a stop to the indoctrination by parents as regards traditions, culture, religions, feuds, etc. Not much point in a Lebanese family attempting to instill their traditions in a child of Asian heritage. Not much point a white family continuing whatever race-biases they might previously have held, prior to being provided with a black child. And so on

Any time I mentioned my 'great plan' to others, it was greeted with fear which emerged as anger. No-one liked my grand plan. I was insulted until I could barely stand upright

I still believe my plan has merit, at least from a philosophical point of view

But then, of course, it wouldn't be profitable, would it ? It would eventually result in an end to divisions

And much as politicians bleat on about 'world peace' and 'harmony' -- it's a nice vote catcher and lie --- but if it ever eventuated, they'd run around like mad putting all the factions back together again

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

The edit you made to your post really changed what you were saying. Good post.

I disagree with your final "plan", in so far as inhibiting freedom and liberty is never a "solution".

One thing to keep in mind: we cannot change humans from being humans. Any straying from "natural" human behaviors creates additional mental and emotional stressors. These will drive behavioral issues which are wholly unpredictable.

The best plan is to allow humans to continue to be humans. It is their path to walk. You walk yours. You seem bright, you seem intellectual. Take that to its furthest extent possible. If you feel that your ideas have enough merit, then simply live the example.

"Be the change you want to see", as Ghandi said.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
My wife was pointing this out to me. She was shocked at the lack of "PC" language. I was more shocked at the obvious attempt to divide and conquer.

MySanAntonio Article

NEW YORK — Blacks talk twice as much as whites on their cell phones, and women talk and text more than men, according to an analysis of wireless bills by the Nielsen Co.

The media-tracking firm went through the phone bills of 60,000 people for one year to figure out that blacks talk an average of 1,331 minutes per month, compared with 647 minutes per month for whites.

Whites were the least talkative people in the study, which ended in May. Hispanics talked 826 minutes per month, and Asians and Pacific Islanders 692 minutes per month.

This isn't because blacks talk and whites text. Blacks text more too: 780 messages per month, compared with 566 for whites. Hispanics text almost as much as blacks, at 767 messages per month. Asians and Pacific Islanders text the least, at 384 per month.

One reason blacks talk more on cell phones may be that fewer of them have home phones, but this hardly explains the whole difference. According to the National Center for Health Statistics, 25 percent of black adults had only cell phone service last year, compared with 21 percent for white adults.

Read the article. I did a quick count. The word "Black" is used 11 times. The word "American" was used only 1 time, and it was a proper name for a group, not a description of a group.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Very good video. Thank you, Lysergic.

We've been here before as a nation, haven't we? Many times. We'll get through it again. With strength, fortitude and sticking to our real values and principles. Do we have problems? Sure. We're diverse, and we're going to stumble now and then,. Are people going to try to take advantage of fears and doubts? Of course. Mob mentality is a scary thing to see in action, but as long as we remember what we really stand for and keep speaking out about it calmly and rationally and remember that the media is not a substitute for our brains, we'll get through this too.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Julius Ceasar came up with that idea, much easier to control, say your this and he's that, he believes this and he believes that and then just defeat the weakened victors, thats how he won throughout Gaul. Simple math. Ingenious

Regards, Naeem

[edit on 25-8-2010 by naeem11111]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Interesting though I have an issue with billing records being given to Neilsen for the purpose of creating more specified (and inherently more divisive) marketing strategies. To base down the data towards ethnic groups, the regionality of division will only become more prominent in the entertainment sectors as opposed to 'just' state sponsored medias and propaganda...

I am pretty sure that technology has far out paced the educational capacity of not only the general populace but those who use the tech on the general populace. Money and control is more important than the ideology spewed for those motivations.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

And that is really it: The People are not able to adapt to the onslaught of snakeoil being sold in their general vicinity.

It isn't that people are stupid (in every case, anyway), but more than we are unable to adapt as quickly as the methodologies against us. Like McAfee, kind of.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The first 35 seconds i wanted to punch the guy on stage in the face. I'm white but it makes my blood boil to see another white man be racist and idc if this video was made before 1954 or not I still want to punch him in the face. lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join