It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Govt assumes control over Great Lakes, by executive order.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Well, now the Gov is in charge of the lakes, chemicals will soon pour into these waters too.

Sorry but your too late in your sentiments, the lakes are pretty much a cess pool now. Between raw sewage and chemical plants dumping pollutants for the past several decades, the threat of govt allowing more dumping isn't much of a threat at all - and I highly doubt anything in this bill is designed to allow more dumping.

Besides, private entrepreneurs are the ones posing the threat of "exporting" GL water, and was the subject of a meeting between former president GW Bush and Canadian PM Chrétien.

Exporting Fresh Water

This is one issue the governors of the 8 states bordering the Great Lakes have stuck to their guns on, there will be no exporting or diverting of water in the GLs. There have been the minor water pipelines to feed municipalities near the lakes, but those lie in areas that are still part of the GL watershed, meaning the water will eventually flow back to one of the lakes.

You nailed it, I see this post needs to go no further. Unless you physically take water off this planet, their is no such thing as a water shortage. Polluted and displaced yes, Since we ( every nation on the planet ) refuse to use a recycling plant for water usage, we deserve what we get until we start employing such technology.
If you have X amount people who use Y amount of water monthly, you can use the same water over and over and over, only having to replenish a small percentage of the water do to loss. ( you would have to give up watering the grass, sorry do-gooders ) giving nature the chance to replenish its sources.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

I LMAO at the politicians trying to sell people in the future there will be "water shortages."

I guess people are dumb enough to believe anything.

This is definitely Agenda 21. If you have not looked into you should!

Here is a quote from the Executive Order (link in OP)

this order establishes a national policy to ensure the protection, maintenance, and restoration of the health of ocean, coastal, and Great Lakes ecosystems and resources, enhance the sustainability of ocean and coastal economies, preserve our maritime heritage, support sustainable uses and access, provide for adaptive management to enhance our understanding of and capacity to respond to climate change and ocean acidification, and coordinate with our national security and foreign policy interests.
This order also provides for the development of coastal and marine spatial plans that build upon and improve existing Federal, State, tribal, local, and regional decisionmaking and planning processes. These regional plans will enable a more integrated, comprehensive, ecosystem-based, flexible, and proactive approach to planning and managing sustainable multiple uses across sectors and improve the conservation of the ocean, our coasts, and the Great Lakes.

Sounds good on first read until you have the history of the policy. The "planning and managing" means they are taking it over and they will move you off of it. They will seize your lands and move you. The map they want to implement has all humanity stacked in cities and most of the nation off limits to us peasants.

Please see my post here which has some videos about Agenda 21. ATS Thread
edit on 19-1-2011 by pianopraze because: typos

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
reply to post by VI0811

I LMAO at the politicians trying to sell people in the future there will be "water shortages."

I guess people are dumb enough to believe anything.

Did you know that the US Breadbasket exists because of irrigation and produces most food grown in the USA? ...that the water for the irrigation is drawn from the Ogallala Aquifer? ...and the aquifer is now almost bone dry? ...which means no more water for irrigation, no more Breadbasket and no more food?

Did you know that water was privatized in Cochabamba and the people were paying more for water than for rent and food? ...and children were dying? ...and the people rioted and revolted to change the privatized water system back to a public one?

Did you know that most every known urban civilization is known to have depleted water supplies and created deserts in its wake? Called desertification.

Desertification is the degradation of land in arid and dry sub-humid areas due to various factors: including climatic variations and human activities.

For example:

The main cause of the desertification processes in the ancient oases was as a result of artificial cause, that was closely related to the political and military situation, the state of agricultural and stock raising development, the use of water resources, and the level of man's knowing natural environment in ancient times; but there were natural causes as well (mainly the changes of climate in aridity and humidity in history).

The Garamantes civilization eventually collapsed after they had depleted available water in the aquifers and could no longer sustain the effort to extend the tunnels further into the mountains.

...It's just amazing the amount of information that's out there, and available to the open mind.

edit on 19/1/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The problem with this idea, is that the "dry states" are at the heart of our nations agriculture. Both roads end in #, though.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
I remember watching some video about how the fresh water is getting harder and harder to find. In the future it was theorized, that a massive amount of people will start moving North in search of water. Eventually everyone in the U.S. will either die, or move North. The only thing is, the people up North are not going to be too happy to have all the refugees. Some people move to Canada or around the Great Lakes, or to Alaska. But the people who are already there are not going to be too happy with a massive amount of people. The people who move North are not going to be welcomed.

Well, they've done a very good job of clearing out the bulk of the population in the US North... Detroit, Toledo, Cleveland, Youngstown, Erie, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Rochester, etc. There's now PLENTY of room for any refugees from the south.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
SOmeone should post all the fresh water large bodies..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

I agre with you I am having a tough time figuring out what to do especially regarding water desert plants, I live in az. therefore I am very concerned any suggestions??

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

If we took a fraction of the money we are using to invade foreign countries we could build desalination plants and pipelines. If we got real smart we could build the plants on the oceans and use solar, hydro and wind power to run the plant so that it takes no net energy input and the only by-product is table salt which could be sold for profit and help us stop mining.

This is all well within our current engineering capacity.

Pipelines could be run like the do in Alaska... I grew up there. The Alaska pipeline takes oil 800 miles across some of the most inhospitable terrain in the United states, including 2 of the tallest mountain ranges.

The ability is there... it just takes the will.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

It just takes the will.

Uh huh. And it seems the "will" is directed to looting, pillaging and depopulation.

...But you DO get that water shortages are real, and about to trigger major crises, right?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage

As I see it, the New Madrid will likely drain it all out anyways once it snaps; didn't Edgar Casey predict that one?

As far-fetched as it sounds, that's actually very possible. The only thing that's stopping Superior, Michigan and Huron from draining into the Mississippi is a small divide in the Chicago area which divides the Chicago/Illinois River basin from the Great Lakes basin. A large earthquake could divert Lake Michigan to flow into the Chicago River and thus into the Mississippi, changing the entire Great Lakes system drastically.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

Excellent observations and good calls, imho green sage and l19872012.

S&

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

It just takes the will.

Uh huh. And it seems the "will" is directed to looting, pillaging and depopulation.

...But you DO get that water shortages are real, and about to trigger major crises, right?

We have an agreement. Our nations infrastructure is being allowed to collapse so the military-undustrial-corporate industry can rise to levels of wealth never before dreamed of and buy countries of their own.

Regional depletions of aquifers and other water shortages are taking place, there is no denying reality. Yet those water resources would come back if we invested in technologies such as desalination. There is no shortage to the amount of water on this planet. It is never lost, just moved from one place to another.

We get our produce from half way around the world. We pump oil for thousands of miles. We could easily pipe our water from a few hundred miles away.
edit on 19-1-2011 by pianopraze because: typos

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
CRAP......who can tell us of how to remove salt from water??!! Now is the time to speak. Please have mercy! Please!!
Blasted CTS-V got walked on by a frickin 26psi supra....im kinda pissed! i gots 556hp dammit!
edit on 19-1-2011 by iamgodtron because: spell check

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Originally posted by soficrow

It just takes the will.

...Our nations infrastructure is being allowed to collapse so the military-undustrial-corporate industry can rise to levels of wealth never before dreamed of and buy countries of their own.

They ARE countries of their own. And they own us.

There is no shortage to the amount of water on this planet. It is never lost, just moved from one place to another.

Apparently not. ...Something funny is going on - turns out the "water cycle" is NOT a 'closed loop.' Don't have the right refs at my fingertips, but ...check out New Science Initiative on the Global Water Cycle, the National Academies Water Information Center.

We get our produce from half way around the world. We pump oil for thousands of miles. We could easily pipe our water from a few hundred miles away.

One would think. ...But we're talking what? ...a thousand miles or so from the oceans to the center of the continent? Still doable though.

...Hope you're not thinking the Great Lakes for fresh water - really bad idea.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Followed links but not giving my info to those sites for pdf downloads. There is no shortage of water, any more than there is a shortage of sunlight, like another poster suggested recently...

You would not need over 800 miles to almost any point in the U.S.
If you put a plant in New York: 791.94 miles to Chicago
If you put a plant in Los Angeles: 270.88 to Los Vegas
You could put more in Texas, WA, etc....

And no... I've said desalination and pipe... the great lakes are fresh water

The way is there, just need the will.

Anyways we aren't disagreeing much here, I'll bow out of the conversation.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura had one of his conspiracy theory shows cover the great lakes scandal where it was found that a billionaire was buying up all that land around the fresh water in the lakes so he could ship the water to china to make a profit.

It was a really interesting and enlightening show...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
They already export huge quantitys of water out of the Great lakes region. Instead of a pipe(which eco terrorists would blow up), they ship it out by the millions of gallons in tiny clear plastic bottles. Ever drink Nestle or Absopure bottled water? Comes straight out of Lake Michigan, and several river systems in Michigan(the largest legal owner of the great lakes based on shoreline length, second only to Alaskas shoreline size).

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

That's how corporations get around current constraints to profit from water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join