It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Deep: The Extraordinary Creatures of the Abyss

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Nice thread..

I saw this video along time ago and it has live footage of several of the creatures we're talking about.

It took awhile to find since I forgot the name of it and originally saw it on the old divx site.

Always Fascinating!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
WOW these are simply incredible!! S&F because this is an amazing find, thank you so much for posting it!!

We get so used to seeing the same kinds of species (although new branches of) on land, it's hard to imagine the vast differences of the ones underneath the water.

I had to do a double take on a lot of these, wondering if they were indeed real. That first one is utterly adorable, it really does look like a Pokemon LOL

and as for this:

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

ugh...i found these horrible and upsetting and disgusting..monsters.

we want to live in a world of beuaty..these things spoil it.

I seriously hope that was said in jest.
There are worse "monsters" in the human race than these little guys.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spydunson

That was a great video! Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Amazing pics! what amazes me most is their size. some of these alien looking creatures are only a few cm in size. WOW.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Thanks for those who contributed to this thread. It's always nice to see some other members contributing, and taking interest in this.

Im hoping to find more pictures, I believe there are around 220 of them.

And only about a dozen have been shown so far.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii

I have one! Is this guy not the cutest? lol... it's a cuttlefish and from what I read it was spotted at Lizard Island near Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bfbeed2ee2f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OceanStone

I have one! Is this guy not the cutest? lol... it's a cuttlefish and from what I read it was spotted at Lizard Island near Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bfbeed2ee2f.jpg[/atsimg]

I want one. Thanks for posting the picture. I like the colors on it, they almost look like they glow.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OceanStone

I have one! Is this guy not the cutest? lol...

I want one. Thanks for posting the picture. I like the colors on it, they almost look like they glow.

Haaaa!

This little guy reminds me a little of Jimmy Durante...

[edit on 26-8-2010 by OceanStone]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hey Oozil, great thread! I started one today that is similar but it got closed. Our subjects were similar but titles different. However the pics are worth checking out. We posted less than 20 minutes apart too. Collective Consc?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I love these wonders of our planet...poetry in motion

spec

[edit on 26-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Awesome thread what can I say? Beautiful pics, S+F!

My favourite is the dumbo octopus, just too cool. I'm putting it on a level with the Turtle Frog as my favourite animal.

Makes me think if we ever encounter alien life there is a good chance it's going to be completely crazy looking!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Hey thanks. It does make you think don't it?

There are too many to choose a favorite for me. Just wait, we'll be seeing lot's more of these strange sea life in the future. Imagine then what we'll see.

So far we've only searched 5% of the sea floor. Another 5% you can guarantee there will be some more cool looking sea life.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Do we have this one in this thread? This is the Piglet Squid they are the size of an avocado and usually live in deep ocean waters all across the world.

Cutie huh?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/097612363942.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OceanStone

Oh nice, I have to say though, that the picture you posted looks more like Mrs.Puff from Spongebob.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

I HAD to go see...(have no idea what Mrs Puff looked like)

OMG... It does look like her... Ahhaha

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c4bb028f379.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Am I the only one who wants to throw pokeballs at them?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Here is a link with some other pics not covered in this thread.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Here is a link with some other pics not covered in this thread.

Nice pics!... the first one reminds me of one of those erasers you put on your finger... or was that too many years ago? lol

The second one isn't as cute as the first... Ha!

Really, really awsome pictures in this thread, so amazing!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
perfectly adapted to their environment ....

How does a living creature adapt to the pressure of 5,000 feet below the sea?

You’ll notice at the website included in the group of pics is picture of another creature (man) in a submersible? How long will it take for man to “adapt” and eventually swim out of the submersible at 5,000 feet below with no protection and live permanently with the other creatures? Just as man built a submersible to withstand the pressure, those creatures were built to withstand the pressure and they all look completely unrelated.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

Originally posted by davespanners
perfectly adapted to their environment ....

How does a living creature adapt to the pressure of 5,000 feet below the sea?

You’ll notice at the website included in the group of pics is picture of another creature (man) in a submersible? How long will it take for man to “adapt” and eventually swim out of the submersible at 5,000 feet below with no protection and live permanently with the other creatures? Just as man built a submersible to withstand the pressure, those creatures were built to withstand the pressure and they all look completely unrelated.

I can't answer your question about a living creature adapting to that kind of pressure.

But I can give you my opinion about man adapting. I just don't see us evolving and being able to swim at those depts, alot effects us besides the depts. It amazing though how life exist with the pressure and the cold.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The wonders of the world never fail to amaze me. Thanks to everyone who have contributed pics and videos in here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join