It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Names on ATS I've Never Seen, yet they are hardwired in...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well, I think I have found much of the answers I needed to convince myself. ATS has been a great place for discussion and information but I have come to the end of my journey to seek the truth here. Unless major event happening to the world I wouldn't be around perhaps another 4 more years

It's been nice knowing you all and thanks again.

Good Luck.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Cool, I want to start a group! We can all have like, 5 accounts each and bombard the forums with our supporting arguements and stars and flags... we could change the world... of ATS. U2u me for more info. And if you have an agenda other than love and peace and acceptance, equality and most of all, truth, all by means of psychological warfare, do not bother to apply. The same applies to anyone with any classical training in psychology, soci ology, or human behavior. On a lighter note: Let`s take our forums back! Back from those... people... that are out there... doin stuff that we dont know about! Yeah well we all know about it and we are sick of it! New members, old members, all types are in on this one. Note: Applicants will not hold me responsible for injury or death as a result of entering into psychological combat with elite forces who then come and kill you in your sleep in the middle of the night. Thank you.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thank you for making this post.

Now i know who to put on ignore. I'm not paranoid, i just don't like to be distracted when someone is spreading negativity, and trying to derail a posters thoughts.... they are always the ones that get others caught up in semantics...and petty debates.

I don't ignore people i DISAGREE with, I like a good trade of information... but not disrespect and having someone try to make me feel FOOLISH, due to my ideas or questions. Those are not true scholars, those are "The Distractors" ..and they are just as bad if not worse than the disinfo agents.

I can tell the difference. =o)

It's like throwing out a carcass, and watching hyenas come from the shadows.

( I'm not talking about you Lurkers.. i was a Lurker for a long time too...But the way some of you responded to this thread, Lets me know who is who.)

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Sorry to upset anybody but Antar is right. Something weird is going on here.

I've only been here a week but my profile shows otherwise. There are even members here who claim to have corresponded with me as long as a year and a half ago. I don't know who these people are.

I have a lot of headaches lately. I wake up in the morning with a mouse in my hand and ATS is on the screen but I don't remember turning on the computer.

Men in a brown 97 Oldsmobuick seem to park across the street and watch my house.

Got a weird message telling me not to interfere with somebody.

Who is "Phage"?

Wait..someone at the door.

Um,

Sorry, my mistake.

Mods please remove.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
lmao

Antar I mean no disrespect here
but some of the responses that
have been posted have made me
laugh so hard til I almost peed
on myself. I wish I could star all of
them multiple times.

So i thank you for creating this thread
even though it didn't turn out or go
in the direction you wanted it go.

I really don't know what you were seeking
when you posted it. However I will say
it brought quite a few out of the woodwork

And the humor in their responses were priceless.

Oh and by the way, if I had multiple accounts
and flagging myself then I wouldn't have 2 threads
in the past month without a single flag on them

Check my profile for verification.
Best wishes

edited to add:
now don't ya'll go to my profile and flag those threads
just to make me look like a liar now !!! ya hea ???
I'll have to sic Phage on ya's

[edit on 22-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's all part of the nefarious activities of us, the Elite, the real force at ATS. We control all.

Did You Make the Short List?

Remember, don't call us, we'll call you!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I've noticed the exact of what you're saying.
I just don't see how it bothers you as you said.
I guess that would just be the two different perceptions involved.
Can't really say you're putting to much on it.
I would never have given it this much thought, but then again, I'm glad you did.
Feeling rather mixed in an odd way about this one.
Star for your presence of mind.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It would make a lot of sense in my book.

I read somewhere that there is thousands of US troops who’s only ‘making war’ in front of a computer. THOUSANDS!
If we assume that there are some evil elitists behind it all.. And we further assume that the sinister plan is more than a few years old… Wouldn’t it make good sense for them to produce someone in OUR audience to applause them and to boo when we were hitting too close to home?
It would have been quite easy for some grunt in a bunker somewhere to go online in 1998 and create XX amount of dormant accounts for later use.. In here and in other forums too.
In fact when I think about it.. It would make no sense NOT to do so.. Why send a snowball tumbling down the hill – when you have the possibility to control its course?

So if Darth Vader’s web-crew suddenly saw a post with too much ‘Jedi’ – The answer is simple:
Have a thousand clones log on their ‘disinfo-accounts’ and swarm the thread with
“Do you really think so.. I have ‘dark-side’ all my life and I have NEVER… “ and
“I live right where you say the spaceship has landed - and I can’t see ANYTHING…..”

All of this reminds me of how Fintan Dunne broke it down on breakfornews.com in ´07..
breakfornews.com...

FIVE LEGS OF THE DISINFO STOOL
- Political Manipulation of Free Elections
- Spinmeisters & Total News Management
- Psychological Warfare & RIMA & Internet Control

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HansD

In a diverse environment, such as ATS, where the myriad of divergent points of view never lends well to any sort of accord, would it really take thousands, or even dozens of people to "stir the pot"?

Even if there were a way to insure that no government operative or employee could ever post a single response to a single thread we would still see the same sorts of chaotic behaviors as we see now.

Sure, I think there are probably a small handful of people who follow threads and keep tabs on a thing or two. But to think that there is any sort of agenda for guidance or derailing? It just doesn't make much sense to me.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I am talking about specific posts that dont add to the discussion

but no problem ... its just a possibility ... I didnt say its a fact

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Lol... thread is loaded with explanations from people who happen to fit the "disappear/reappear" description... haha ok people yeah we get it. nobody is that paranoid to think that every person who has disappeared and came back years later is up to something. But at the same time it would be highly naive to believe that people with agendas wouldn`t have multiple accounts and that there are sleeper accounts people may use only when they need a certain viewpoint, etc. I didn`t think that was too hard to understand. Instead of getting somewhere, this thread is wasted on people telling their story of "what i did over the summer" times 2 to 5 years. This isn`t to be unsympathetic to those who couldn`t post because of various disadvantages they have faced in life, but seriously, we get it. What we are talking about simply does not apply to you here. So, again not to be rude or unsympathetic, but nobody is attacking you based on how long you left ats for one time. At least I think that most are on the same page... meaning we are looking at other details, which obviously we aren`t going to discuss all of them here, but for example: a poster who hasn`t posted in years who suddenly pops up out of nowhere to validate or otherwise support "another" poster`s baseless assertations. IE., "Well I just happen to live 2 blocks away from the location being discussed and I can tell you there`s nothing strange going on at all, in fact I just drove past there on my weay home from work about an hour ago and I can verify that whatever these paranoid people are telling you is just not true. (insert comment designed to lead people to feel that any further speculation on the subject would liken you to someone with... that`s right, the worst thing possible- mental health issues! Dun-dundunnn! (Que the "screaming woman from a 40`s propaganda film" sound effect...lol...) That`s right, folks! This person or other IS NOT IN CONTROL OF THEIR OWN MIND! Watch out, associate with one of these people or their ideas, and they`ll be calling YOU mentally unstable...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Wow, 17 flags and 7 pages but still shunted off to die in BTS.
The conspiracy deepens, does it not?

uh, oh.....here come the sockpuppets and their dance of death!!

[edit on 22-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I would love to hear the explanation from the staff as to why this was moved to BTS, haha

It is obvious there is a conspiracy of people with multiple accounts pushing their agendas in their favor and this thread is moved to BTS? Lol

Yea, this is so below top secret..I get it now

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
OK everyone, I guess the party is over...

elevatedone decided that this was not a conspiracy afterall and ditched this discussion to BTS.

I can understand in a sense, but then I also think that it only makes this more of a conspiracy.

I was very surprised at all the responses, wow.

I have seen over the years threads which point the finger at ATs and I have tried to avoid those unless they had Aliens, shortstories, FOIA documents or pandemics in the title, but now I can also see that there is no fairness to be found here for me.

I have SUFFERED greatly and been seriously stiffled by members on my most important threads, and not one person came to me rescue or tried to help me wade through the hate and namecalling put downs.

The other day I was reprimanded for calling someone that had been harrassing me for bringing timely info on the BP spill to the public a bozo.

A bozo? I never knew that bozo was a harrasing word, and have been put down here as I have said WAY way worse.

A few of the members who have been posting in 'this' thread have told me that they were not able to access it in BTS, does anyone know why?

Anyway, thanks to everyone who made it out of the shadows to share their thoughts and oppinions about this complex subject.

And for those of you who this thread was all about, you know who you are.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It's the Subliminal name pump and dumpers.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

HA! So this is what happened to this thread!

humm.. oh well... from a few posts i've read, even tho i have not been on BTS much, it seems this is where A LOT of the more mature and reasonable members are hanging out nowadays.

Antar, I've seen some of the posts your talking about, where people have been extremely immature and derailing your topics....and not just you.. i've seen it done to so many others...I've seen these same people run off some poor guy from Virginia, just because he wanted to KNOW what SOME STRANGE LIGHTS WERE he filmed.

The same people that go to any given thread and it works as follows:

Superior attitude introduction, claims that they have such and such experience, throws in diggs to make any given poster feel foolish, then comes the famous claim of HOAX!!! enter 94864386 laughing,eye-rolling emoticons. LOL...classic attempts to hold back forward thinking. The sad part is... i see them succeeding.

I see that some people are afraid to use ignore, (i've done a site search on this issue, i was going to make a thread about it...but saw it was already covered...kinda) due to missing content... you just have to use your best judgement.

WHATS FUNNY IS ... when i did my search "Use IGNORE"... the very FIRST thread i clicked on regarding this issue, and the OP was complaining about the immaturity they have been dealing with... THE FIRST PERSON to RESPOND to THAT POST, was someone I ALREADY HAVE ON IGNORE!

how do i know this? ... the first post i can SEE was a *respond to* cut n paste response to the ignored user. Go figure, eh?

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Godz Enigma]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
A few of the members who have been posting in 'this' thread have told me that they were not able to access it in BTS, does anyone know why?

BTS is a separate log in.
If they don't hit the log in button,they can't post here.
Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Does anyone come to bts anymore? Just asking because this was a hot topic on ats and once it hit the basement it became a dead topic.

Used to be, bts was the place you could let your kids and teens venture, it had humor and a safety through great moderation that could not be beat.

Now it seems lost to the winds of time.

Where is mutter? Where are the fun and light hearted threads and games?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm still here for whatever that's worth lol.

Just letting you know some of us are still following this thread. I'm sorry I couldn't contribute to it in a more substantive way.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Ahh, ty I do appreciate your presence, I know you are not a distractor...

Interesting how this thread went huh? And if you check out some of my later threads the same group or type of group follow me and do all they can to twist and turn and fight. I never stated anything but my persoanl views, all I ever do if I am not all out neutral, but people do have a tendancy to dance and shoot arrows haphazzardly on issues, they choose people on these boards not issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join