Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Names on ATS I've Never Seen, yet they are hardwired in...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I believe the answer to your question lies in the fact that not all members desire to constantly contribute or make themselves known. Some simply observe in silence. For others, internet access may not be available year round. There are plenty of reasons that could cause what you have presented.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Have you considered that current members, as well as older ones, have more than one account? I don't know if ATS cleans out accounts that remain inactive after a certain period of time, but if not, it stands to reason that some or most of these "ancient noobs" are just stand-bys in case they ruin their cred on one or more threads, get banned, or just to bolster their own star and flag counts.

On the boards I have been on, this is really quite common practice.

Not to feed the idea of an outside agency involvement here, but it stands to reason that they would have signed on en masse and lurked...with each agent having access to several accounts...the older the account, the more the cred is the fallacy committed by many of us...and they may use that to their advantage in spreading disinfo.

Or, these could just be regular joe member stand-by accounts. This is what I figure is going on...I have even heard of a member attacking himself with an alias just to boost his image/ show his grit when he shuts himself down...oh, what a tiresome game that would be.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Cole DeSteele]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Whoa! Ok it is almost as if they can even direct news before it happens, orchestrate it to fit their wills and agendas.

Fine but scary post, as a matter of fact this whole thing is kind of scary. I am sorry if this is not one of those feel good kind of threads, it actually gives me the creeps.

to be honest i didn't figure anyone would actually read this let alone post in it, but yes it is something conspiratorial against all of us and our favorite forums for discussion.

Makes me think one day I will wake up come to my comp and there will be a message of some sort about the sites I visit being blacklisted or something...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ultimately, if one still learns nothing on ATS yet, it is the fact to read the messages, and NOT the messenger. You can waste hundreds of hours, or thousands of your cerebral matter on attempting to figure who is who, BUT it will be the message to shows who they are and where they stand upon.

Thus, each and every member must critically analyse what was posted, and from it will one figure if it bears relation and reflections for considerations on the quest for the truth.

This had always been how ATS evolved, and became a great site, filled with all kinds of people, and will be the way it will achieve a deeper penetration into the global community.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Right and I have wondered that too, maybe sometimes 'they' think that an agent has been 'compromised' by what we see as good solid information and are taken out of the game.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well thank you Antar. I feel vindicated in what I've been thinking for several months.

Yes, something seems foul. A conspiracy to be delved into and uprooted.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I really doubt we will uproot it DD, at least not me, it would take a really smart cookie for that one and an ace sleuth, me I sense things and yet if I would simply keep notes at my side Id probably figure more out, as it is I just 'sense' when it happens around me.

Something has indeed been off and different. I wonder if some of the aggressive tendencies and calling out of solid contributors has been the effect of this conspiracy if it is one?

Notice we dont hear from the Amigos or some of the best Mods too much anymore either, or not like they were at one time involved. maybe they know and stay out of it as if they are not involved just the keepers of the site. Not Cters but read for 'entertainment' purposes only...

[edit on 21-8-2010 by antar]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Situations can come up in life.

With the economy the way it is people lose their jobs. When people have to tighten their belts, well, Internet access is way less important than food, water, and utilities.

I'm sure this applies to at least some of those folks because I know it's why I spent the better part of two years offline.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well, I joined in 2005 for a specific subject. I debated that subject for a bit, but life intervened and I actually forgot about ATS for a while.
Shocking, I know.

Since then, I have returned, but I don't ten to start many threads. I don't comment on here under some strange concept of vanity or fame. I don't care much about flags or stars or applause. I am here for the conversation and intelligent discourse. Because of that, I generally only contribute when my contribution might be worth something.. or to make a smart ass comment.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Thanks for explaining the 'hardwired in' aspect.

Yes...one could also grab a person's expired account just like a thief on, say, ebay, using the reputaion as automatic credence. The whole subject really has to be tempered with reason and caution. One response, for instance, in this thread was '...uh who? Why not name them' or something to that effect. Well, you really can't do that unless you wish to seem like Joe McCarthy. Though McCarthy may have had good cause to exist in his realm of thought; that communism was quite virulent and worse, was changing form to assimilate in to society, it's too easy to see the outcome. One step up from the anti-semite label, basically, but, like all labels, that does nothing to shrink the original concern. There can be no doubt there are lobbyists here. They have a vested financial interest in their side of the story gaining advantage over the other, no matter what the cost to liberty. They are nearly identifiable by this connection. No matter what the cost to liberty...they don't care. They will be in power, if they win, and must necessarily be in power if the 'victory' was rooted in lies and deceptions.

Also, it is inevitable that collusion would appear once the sights of the nwo were set on the internet. it's all part of the plan. So many thoughts mentioned here have been thought by many of us. Usually it is enough to keep accusations inside the mind, unspoken. One must try to see things clearly.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hi antar i have noticed forum mods that are new to me
posting now,but i never heard of some of them until lately?
is that also relivent?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Noticed that too! I dont know...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar...a "seed" planter you are....

seems like you're tryin' to prove somebody's lyin'

or at the least they are spyin'...have to ask ya what for.

An interesting thread for sure, but it leans towards suspicious convictions

of the truthfulness of fellow board members...definitely not the way to

promote what this site is supposed to stand for.

~holly

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

And i thought it was just me!
you could well be on to something
off to bed now its 6 14 am in UK night.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If you believe this to be the case, would it not be simple enough to set thread traps for such people?
Where one starts a particular thread specifically to flush out disinfo or whatever personas.....?
It seems entirely possible in theory to bait such paid spin docs pr at least out them with a series of threads?
Perhaps a more specific by subject analysis would be a help?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

sometimes i check the members list to see who is new.

i did this recently and laughed my ass off at this member's name:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Here's where it gets strange and questionable to me, I have taken note that in the past year and a half or about the time Skeptic went to washington, a HUGE group of members began showing up that had older membership dates, but that I had never seen before.

Now at first I figured it was just that often members will go away for a period of time and then later come back and become regular contributors once again.

ya, that is what happened. i uh ... went away for most of 2007 and 2008.
uh .. ya.

This began to happen more and more and the boards were becoming frequented by older members but not known ones in large numbers.

interesting and curious observation. curious indeed.

Now for many months I just shined it on and wondered if it was a way of manipulating the stats here on membership or hits.

Even wondered if it could be various people in the up stairs posting without having to deal with their notariety status. Kind of like the rich man who goes to rent a wreck on his first date to unimpress his date, to see how she really feels about him...

i can neither confirm nor deny. are you unimpressed? is it working?
just asking, no reason.

Anyway, even if that was true I figured it was not my business and I again just ignored it.

Good ATSer, good.

But it is just flooring how many members from the the past 4 years post regularly that I had never seen before.

hi, my name is ET. are you my friend? you have been on my friends list for some time now. nice to meet ya.

great subject for a thread.

keep ATS fun,
et

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hiya Antar. Wow! Going off some replies, your idea's gonna make some folk even more paranoid. It has the potential to go off the hook like the 'New Zealand's moved thread.'

"Hmmm..." Wisely scratching the chin. "Not seen this member before and...look...they've been a member for years. Suspicious. Strange and suspicious."

What would anyone have to gain by pretending to be an older member? There's no added authority granted from earlier sign-up dates. We can get bitched out by someone who signed-on yesterday. Likewise, any one of us is capable of posting utter crap...I've done it dozens of times (1/10). I can't imagine the advantage.

DavidMann's ideas of 'sleeper cells' seems a bit ambitious. Do they have a red phone that flashes? "Someone's posted on ATS! Overwhelm them with your senior membership powers ASAP!"

I've noticed *new* older members, but I guess they just don't sign in to post very often and just lurk. I've got a couple of 'sharp friends' who hardly ever post and they've been around for years.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Honestly, the whole "disinformation agent" thing is completely ignorant and unfounded. It has become an easy cop-out for many individuals on here who are unable to validate their own points or provide sufficient enough evidence and/or sources. Is there a possibility that these agents do exist, sure there is. Without proof however, labeling individuals as disinformation agents is harmful and actually aids ignorance. If someone is a disinformation agent in your eyes, great, people should be able to ascertain fact from fiction by themselves. Any legitimate argument will always hold its ground in the face of opposition. If people are tired of extremely unfounded theories and speculation being commented on by individuals who rely on experience, logic and solid academic research then they should seek a new home for their discussion imo. I have never perceived ATS to be the place for fantasy, only a place where the fantastical can be discussed without ridicule, or insults. Believe it or not, most people resent being called a disinformation agent, and in the eyes of this man, I tend to discount most of what those who would assign such a label say.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Congrats on quitting smoking. Your night vision will improve. It might be a good time to finally get that telescope you have been wanting.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join