Names on ATS I've Never Seen, yet they are hardwired in...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
antar, my friend, first congrats on quitting smoking
I quit in Feb of '09; now on topic: I thought It was just me noticing that some older members from days gone by have suddenly re-appeared or become inspired enough to post once more;

perhaps the chaos and anxiety swirling around the economic woes has heightened some's perspectives and they now require additional outlets for stress...

love and blessings to all

seeker

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Uh, like who? Would it be wrong to name them?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

I would agree. I'm new so I don't have the perspective to compare with how ATS used to be, but I think people are more and more interested in investigating these turbulent times and, as a means to cope/vent/understand, post and discuss them.

The reason I joined was because I had read something interesting on UFOs here that led me to other topics I had never heard about. As a way of giving thanks I decided to start posting to support people.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by makeitso

your name is one that I have questioned in past, never saw you before and then Bam! there you are in your fullness.

Haha.
For me its mainly about the ebb and flow of life and work.

I first joined when I had plenty of time on my hands, learned how to post, (that took a while), and posted frequently. Then I got very busy with real life. Lurked a bit and came back when I had more time, posted some, got busy with real life again, came back, etc. etc.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Alternatively, I have seen second and third posts in threads that were so much more lucid (and interesting!) than the OP that I could do nothing BUT star the subsequent post.

YMMV.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hi Antar!

Actually, I have noticed it, but I just assumed they became interested again for some reason or another after a sabbatical, of sorts. Or got divorced, or something. lol.

A conspiracy sounds much more interesting. I like to look at profile pages at times, and looked at a couple, and noted that some of them posted quite a while ago. People come and go, I guess.

But I'm game to investigate, if you think it's worthwhile!
(I adore a good conspiracy!)

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Have you noticed a common theme in their posts?

One thing I've noticed is that there was a sudden spike in disruptive and "debunk without grounds" type posters that signed up around mid to late 2009. I though maybe it was happenstance but I got to the point where I would recognize their style and every time that I saw that type of post I would look at the member profile and sure enough they signed up in mid to late 2009.

It has opened my mind to the possibility that there are organizations with the resources and vested interest to disrupt websites which could produce dangerous information.

Also lately I see a lot more National Enquirer type threads being started and I wonder if it could be another attempt to discredit the site.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Congratulations on quitting!

I have noticed, especially in the political areas I frequent that a lot of new conservative leaning members will join en-mass[almost as if they had received a directive] to counter the lefties. But for some reason they don't stay long. Logic and truth are hard to swallow for some, or else they get banned.

And yes I have noticed a bunch of members with old join dates and when I look at their profile; almost nothing. Curious eh!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Right on answers every body, really, good observations and most stuff I too have noticed and then just let go.

Are there people who are paid to come on who actually are funded and really represent many people over the course of time? Same avatar, same outside influence yet different paid employees?

There seem to be a lot of legs to this if there is a conspiracy...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
perhaps the chaos and anxiety swirling around the economic woes has heightened some's perspectives and they now require additional outlets for stress...

I think when you cannot get a straight answer out of the government,
the mainstream news, or the corrupt corporations then you start
looking elsewhere.

That is a big part of why alternative media is rising.

Expect the big money big players to try to discredit and
marginalize it as it cuts into their venue if just for the
monetary aspect let alone the lies and deceptions.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

With some of the "members" that are so vehement and rude in their responses, it does make one wonder; especially a couple I can think of that eventually got banned, and one current one that actually admitted to being a paid professional spin doctor in a thread posted last year...
perhaps you are on to something; many here do make accusations of the forums being rife with disinfo operatives...

love and blessings

seeker

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Originally posted by the seeker_713g

I think when you cannot get a straight answer out of the government,
the mainstream news, or the corrupt corporations then you start
looking elsewhere.

That is a big part of why alternative media is rising.

Expect the big money big players to try to discredit and
marginalize it as it cuts into their venue if just for the
monetary aspect let alone the lies and deceptions.

Agreed, friend; it says a lot when Rush Limbaugh jumped on the MSM as being controlled on a tight leash by the PTB in the last 2 weeks; discrediting alternative sources is par for the course...

love and blessings

seeker

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Are there people who are paid to come on who actually are funded and really represent many people over the course of time? Same avatar, same outside influence yet different paid employees?

Yeah there was some news that a large number of ppl were working
at langley to post on online forums to counter posts related
to certain events, 911 just being one of several.

One of the more well known ones is right here:

www.wired.com...

He was trying to stir up violent ppl so they could be nailed by
the Feds.

More info on other operations being funded by your tax dollars:

www.rawstory.com...

It is like something right out of 1984, the ministry of truth in
its early formative years.

@ Seeker - The Limbaugh bit is VERY telling, the end of being covert
about it all must be very near or Limbaugh feels guilty for being
a tool for what they plan. Maybe his pill popping was to numb
him for how he felt about what they plan for us all ???

He would not be the first to seek solace in numbness for being
trapped in a situation that felt inescapable.

Again I offer my warning to all to prepare for what many have
warned is coming such as Naomi Wolf and Mr. Perkins.

Good Luck to all the good ppl !

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm not sure what you mean by 'hardwired in'...?

I think what you are describing are possible 'sleeper cells'. They may have enrolled years ago and remained silent until too much lopsidedness appeared in their lobbied subject of interest (911 etc...). Or, more sinister, they may have enough clout to simply get an earlier enrollment date. I would go with the former because true nwo types do tend to think ahead, as they aren't too busy chasing their tails with late payment fees, transportation worries, or even work. Then, one day, when activated, they would make real appearances, helping to ridicule others as a means to strengthen their unsupportable arguments.

You can never be too paranoid. This is the dark ages, relative to what is, and what is known about, thanks to technology.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
reply to post by antar

I'm not sure what you mean by 'hardwired in'...?

I think he means there enrollment date is old, but he cannot find
any evidence of them being on the board.

The only legit way this could be done would be a lurker.

He thinks some are new and were given older enroll dates
as they are government agents.

He says this seemed more common after Skeptic went to DC for a talk.

I have nothing to hide, my plans are VERY tame and out in the
open to head for the hills when it all goes sideways.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Seriously that was what I was wondering at first! Do 'they' have the clout as you say to enroll and get on board with older start up dates?

eeks!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Remember back during the rings event.. members turned up with old membership dates that were just for the game? They have the ability to set the join date to anything they choose if they are making accts for some unknown reason.. perhaps a new game is afoot. How fun would that be?
I miss the days that ATS had fun with games and mysteries.
*sigh* [ / nostalgia ]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ok this was an interesting u2U I recieved from an anonomous member, and may I add that when I clicked out of my U2U I was redirected to an outside Ad about a new movie coming out called "The last exorcist" not at all my style of movie! Never before has that ever happened to me on this site, ever!!!

Ok heres the message:

I did not post this in the open for reasons of my own. I think you are onto something. It is not just ATS this is happening. I have beening seeing it happen all over the net for about a year or so. Members showing up out of nowhere that have old sign up dates and long time members just never post again. I have seen people ask about members that no one has ever heard of and no post on that site by any member by that name ever. I have gave up trying to keep up with it and just chalk it up to time slips. But it is happening all over the net and many sites not just ATS.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by antar]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yeah, I thought it was just me. I've been noticing this same phenomenon myself recently.
From here on in, whenever this happens, I will definitely go and check out the "stranger to me"'s profile.
Do you think maybe its just a brand new avatar for an older member that is putting us off?

Anyway, thanks for raising the issue. It is something we should all monitor. I wonder what SO's take on this issue is going to be??

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well, some of us just don't have all the time others have to post, and at the same time would really need to pull over if we wanted to say something.

Personally, I thank the Universe for rest stops, and wives who stay inside the dern store forever after we're done. 

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join