It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unnassisted Childbirth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I was surprised there has not been an topic on this subject yet here?

Is it too still a taboo subject to talk about that it simply is not done?

I am ofcourse refering to the idea of unassisted childbirth or natural childbirth.

There is plenty of evidence and science suggesting that the birth goes significantly better (naturally) if it happens in an natrural way. The natural way is the mother and father, alone as a couple take care of it just like it has been happening for thousands of years before hospital ideas of childbirth, ie. it is a medical emergency.

Just think about the implications.

I know a few couples who have chosen the natural way with their kids, and this totally convinced me. It is true. They described giving birt as an almost orgasmic journey. We talked much about this with my wife and concluded "when the time is right, this is definately our way"

Quite the opposite of what happens in hospitals and that has made women scared about getting pregnant because it has been taught that it will hurt like hell.

Is this some kind of population control? Or government intruding in the most private most close moments the couple can have.

VIDEOS MAY CONTAIN MATERIAL NOT SUITABLE FOR ALL

What i would suggest is a birthing hospital, where the couple checks in in an luxury hotel room that has proper equipment and staff to rush in if something after all goes wrong. This would combine the possibility of a totally natural childbirth with the security a hospital can provide. Couples could stay in hotel as long as they desire after delivery.

[edit on 8/21/2010 by above]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
if at all possible natural birth is what i think is best.
my x had 6 boys all natural and two were twins yea twins natural birth lol.
but my x had Indian in her that's helps .
goto a delivery room at the hospital just in case is the best way .
all there delivery rooms looked like regular rooms with just a midwife and a doctor who peeked from time to time.
but cord wraped around the neck (breach birth ) these babys died in the old days and so did the moms in a lot of cases.
so dont be so quick to go back to the cave

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hey above! For the record, I have some hippie friends and 3 of them gave birth at home in a giant tin tub, on 3 different occasions. The first time I witnessed or heard of it, I didn't know what to think. But finding out more info on the situation, it makes sense to consider this route, imo. They all had midwives assist, but none of them had any problems.

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
There's some middle ground. You can have "natural" childbirth, but under the care of a licensed mid-wife. The experience may be exactly what you would want, but with a person there who can take care of the unforeseen emergency, which can in a small number of cases, turn tragic. You can still birth at home, or whatever, mid-wives are used to being "on-call", and even work in groups, to cover you in case someone else is giving birth the same day (or night!)

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
if at all possible natural birth is what i think is best.
my x had 6 boys all natural and two were twins yea twins natural birth lol.
but my x had Indian in her that's helps .
goto a delivery room at the hospital just in case is the best way .
all there delivery rooms looked like regular rooms with just a midwife and a doctor who peeked from time to time.
but cord wraped around the neck (breach birth ) these babys died in the old days and so did the moms in a lot of cases.
so dont be so quick to go back to the cave

The point is that there should not be anyone breaching their privacy, if not medical assistance is especially asked.

It is up to the couples decision then how they want to perform it, you can do it naturally if you want, or you can do it in normal hospital settings.

If you go to hospital and want to do it naturally, you should be given a private room with beds and bath tub.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by above
If you go to hospital and want to do it naturally, you should be given a private room with beds and swimming pool.

Not if insurance companies have anything to say about it!
2nd line

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

It could be fixed so, that a hotel would start up in some hired space in the hospital. You would go to the hotel, not hospital. Then you could from there call immediate medical assistance, if so needed.

No liability concerns.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I do not have a problem with it.

It is a personal choice.

We have survived for millions of years with unassisted childbirth, and most of the women in the world have their babies "unassisted" by mds but by mothers sisters and midwives.

Government definitely has no place in my body or mesing with how I choose to birth my baby.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by above

with my second son, if I had not been in a hosptial with a full medical staff, I and Brian, my second son would have been dead thirty years ago.

I want to be "natural", but, in my case I was lucky to be in a hospital with a doctor that knew what he was doing.

DO NOT TRUST simply a midwife at home.

It may sound romantic and "earthy" but back just a hundred years ago almost 35% of women died in chldbirth.

The nurses wer surperb, kind, gentle and everyone knew what was coming down.

Thank god for modern medicine and delivery in a modern medical phacility with a full medical staff just in case.

If you value your baby's life.

And again, I am a "hippie". But in this one case, when you are having your baby, be sure to have modern medicine and a good doctor on hand.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by above

Actually my post goes a little bit deeper than liability issues. You see I worked insurance, in the HMO dept. The medical groups and insurance companies work hand and hand together...Medical groups are groups of doctors. Responsibility of claims depends on certain rules which pertain to the HMO. In this case, a private room isn't deemed medically necessary, so more than likely some hospitals would not give one unless the patient is willing to pay out of pocket, as the insurance company will more than likely deny the entire charge.

Reforming insurance is just part of the problem

[edit on 8/21/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

How did you go about it? Was it just you and your husband, sitting in a relaxing warm bathenjoying the experience together?

If not, then it could have been the case for thos complications. There is much study done on this. All intervention is bad if you want it to go as naturally as possible. Not distracting factors changing the atmosphere of what is happening, not fysical manipulation - this causes stress on the fetus

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by above

Actually my post goes a little bit deeper than liability issues. You see I worked insurance, in the HMO dept. The medical groups and insurance companies work hand and hand together...Medical groups are groups of doctors. Responsibility of claims depends on certain rules which pertain to the HMO. In this case, a private room isn't deemed medically necessary, so more than likely some hospitals would not give one unless the patient is willing to pay out of pocket, as the insurance company will more than likely deny the entire charge.

Reforming insurance is just part of the problem

[edit on 8/21/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

It would cost a fee of a hotel night when (if) all goes well. Not a hospital night, but a hotel night. The hospital would still be running just as normal. IF assistance is required, then you are taken into the hospital just as any paramedic would bring.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by above

I'm not arguing that your idea isn't good, it certainly should be someone's choice, unfortunately there is too much money in healthcare for this to happen. There would have to be lots of changes made. Perhaps they should just have birthing centers just for this very reason. Maybe they already do? I bet insurance companies probably have their hand in that one too.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I gave birth naturally twice in a hospital. All birthing rooms at the hospital I delivered in are private. They have showers, TVs, CD players, fridge and a phone. The doctors and nurses came in occationally to make sure all was well. Once the action started they were on hand to assist me. It's was a great experience. Very relaxed.

I could never do it at home. I wanted to be at a hospital should anything go wrong.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Personally, I think this falls into the freedom of choice category. Whatever one wants to do, go for it.

However, just realize that you'd have to accept the consequences of that choice.

For me, no need to not take advantage of advances in medicine. As another poster said, not too long ago, it was pretty common for women to die in childbirth, and while this still happens, it is MUCH rarer these days, because of these advances.

Me, I'd give my wife, and the baby to be, all the chances I could marshall....

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Hi Above (:

I just experienced an amazing water birth at home as the father of a very healthy young man. We had the assistance of two midwives, and a completely natural, drug free birth. The benefits are immeasurable! From a NO VACCINE!!! standpoint, to a lack of governMIND involvement standpoint, to a benevolent birthing environment, to a [snip
]. It seems that a birthing center would be a better option then the Ho$Cpital. Personally, I would recommend introducing new souls into the human experience at home with the assistance of a doula (midwife). We weren't brave enough to do it solo. Maybe next time, eheh.

Nice thread!
DR

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by above

Well, it is not to shock anyone, but i've been working to a family birthing center for the last two years. Midwifes are really popular. For the ones who ever lived that experience, you might have realised that hospital are never really happy to have them there.
Why? on the last two years i've been there, i would say that about 95% of the pink code we received was from midwifes. most of the time when it come the time to do an urgent intervention or using medicament or simply a tool, they are against that and waiting sometime to long.
The nurses at our hospital lever lost a baby in all the history of the department, Indeed if we don't concider the trisomic 21, or the one that stop progressing. Miswifes have lost 2 baby since i'm here, and both for reason that might have been avoid from a nurse job.

Is your midwifes are staying 24 to 48h to your house? because you know convultions? it happen, or bleeding, or would you been able to know about the blod gaz of the baby, it it what telling sometime if the baby blod is stable or is gonna crash in the few hours, or could you recognise the Jaundice?

Well i'm just talking from what i saw.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by deadruby2006

Bringing new souls into the human experience?

The baby isn't going to remember jack until he's at least a couple of years old... He certainly won't remember how he was born. Up to the parents really, but I think many don't realize how risky childbirth can be. Before modern medicine, you pretty much had a one in 3 shot of DYING during this experience.... Do you really want to stack the deck like that?

Not odds I'd risk my wife and child to be on...thank you very much...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
When i found out i was pregnant i immediatly started looking for a midwife. Couldn't find one so I went to a obgyn intent on still finding a midwife. Then we found out we were having twins. I have a family history or very bad pregnancies and deliveries in my family so that made me think twice.

My water broke at 4 in the morning while my husband was a thousand miles away working. I made my calls and my sister took me to the hospital. I decided against any pain meds, but the nurses kept coming in wanting to know when did I want my epidural. I finally snapped and told them if one more person came into my room trying to force unwanted pain meds on me I was going to sue the hospital and just to back it up had my sister call a lawyer right there and then. Well four hours later my labor had developed at warp speed and I was fully dialated and my contractions were a minute and a half apart. The doc came and and told me that it was time and that he wanted to see if twin b as still in the same possition it had been in for months. She was breech still but i decided to go ahead and do natural child birth.

My son was born 30 mins later, screaming and healthy.

My daughter refused to turn. She went into fetal distress, her heart rate bottomed out and I had to be rushed in for an emergency C-section. My blood pressure dropped but soon i heard the sweetest sound in the world, my little girl screaming her head off. She was okay thank goodness and they both continue to be healthy happy 2 year olds.

If i have another child I want to still do natural child birth. Watching my two newborns my son was more alert and awake, at more and less often than my daughter for several days after birth. i think she was as groggy as I was from the anethesia.

I fully believe that it is the parents choice as to what they want to do concerning their babies birth. I am just thankful that i was in a hospital or my baby girl might not be here.

new topics

top topics

join