It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TO all members of the Anti-US crowd

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeanne75018
reply to post by Wolfenz

Thanks for the link of the postcards representing lynchings. I knew Americans had killed a great number of black people this way, but I didn't know they had been so far in the nefarious as to sell postcards of it! Very disturbing.
I will never understand how the Americans can think they are the best Christians on earth when they still have the death penalty, the right to own weapons and more than 2 millions prisoners?!

What does the death penalty and our prisoner population have to do with Christians? That makes no sense. Lots of Americans, such as myself, have no affiliation with the Christian church whatsoever.

Furthermore, perhaps we should completely outlaw guns, so that only the criminals have them? Right? That makes a lot of sense.

Read this to start, specifically points 4 and 6:
www.cato.org...

edit: I see you're from France. I'll apply the same logic to your country that you applied to mine. All French, including yourself, are evil... because some French in the past have committed atrocities.

There, see how that works?

Originally posted by DINSTAARForeign aid has never, and will never work. It is simply a bribe we give the dictators of the world.

I'm sure the millions of people being helped by American charities would beg to differ. Just because the government sucks at it, doesn't mean we all do.

Originally posted by DINSTAARAnd no other country has done more to the planet. Just because we do good, and Americans are quite capable of that, that does not excuse our blatant acts of evil.

The blatant acts of evil have borne modern technology, including modern medicine, which has quite possibly saved more lives than every atrocity mankind has ever committed against itself, combined. Evil is present everywhere. Just as acts of good do not erase acts of evil, acts of evil do not invalidate acts of good.

Evil acts committed by one man do not make the man standing next to him evil, assuming the man standing next to him did not have any feasible way to stop those acts.

Originally posted by DINSTAARThe lesser of two evils is still evil. You openly advocate evil because it is simply less evil than other actions. .

You sure are quite the glass half empty type, aren't you? I hate to break it to you, but there is evil everywhere. There is no perfect human civilization. You speak of evil America as if there is a perfect utopia to compare it to.

You can look at human civilization in two ways. There are either varying levels of good, or varying levels of evil. I'm pretty sure I know which way you choose to see things.

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
In the middle of nowhere, in a small village in Kenya... *snip*

Please, don't post accounts of the good that Americans do. It will cause people to question their blind hatred of us.

It isn't as fun to hate America if you're forced to accept that many Americans in fact mean well, and have good hearts.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by iandh]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I honestly didn't read the entire thread, mainly because I didn't want to go through 8 pages of replies, but I want to make a simple statement in defense of those criticizing America:

So what?

The long version of which is: Just because other people are doing wrong things doesn't mean you should do things that are less wrong.

The even longer version of which is: Isn't America supposed to be a country that stands as an example of what a free nation that doesn't violate human rights is?

Now, I'm fully aware of other nations doing far worse things than America, but it's hard to routinely criticize North Korea for doing horrible things when it is well known for doing horrible things and doesn't tend to do much to disguise that fact. When America tries to stand as a paragon of all things good its flaws seem all the worse.

So that's why people are so 'anti-US'

Also, how am I 'anti-US' when I'm an American citizen begging for my country to live up to its own standard of conduct? That would be like someone saying I'm 'anti-baseball' for wanting the umpire to observe the infield fly rule.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I hate America for their absolute hypocrisy - for the straight out LIES they push onto their people - such as as defending freedom and democracy - when in fact the truth is it is now, and always has been throughout american history - war for resources, power and control - I hate america for the stupidity of their people to constantly and repeatedly falling for the same lies, over and over again. I hate Americans for believing that for one second they invade, occupy, kill, murder and destroy entire civilisations and cultures in the name of democracy - I hate America, and Americans for being so incredibly stupid to believe the unmitigated lies they are fed through patriotic jingoism, nationalistic sloganeering, puerile self serving parochialism.

America is a militiant evil, rapacious force of destruction and greed of the very worst kind.

Yes there are other regimes of ill repute - but nothing, NOTHING comes close to the US for murderous, killing rampages throughout history - to the OP - you need to get over your flag waving and actually find out about your country - it is always people like you who fall the hardest when they finally learn the truth.

I have nothing wrong with far right wing nut jobs who come on here pushing the American power slant when they admit that their militancy and strength should be used for greater power and security at the expense of others as they are able to admit and acknowledge that the historical record is NOT one of benevolence and kindly democratic altruism - but nothing stinks more than justifying American militancy with the incredibly asinine concoction that it is about peace and good will.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The problem that foreign people have with the US is that its a kind of bully. Sure it was good of us to take out people such as Hitler, Stalin, and Hussein, but that doesnt mean we should go occupying every country on the globe. After the job is done, get out of the country, simple as that. Of course helping to rebuild a bit wouldnt be so bad. Also the attitude of the majority of US people is also a contributer to the "hate" of the US around the world.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Wolfenz

Thanks for the link of the postcards representing lynchings. I knew Americans had killed a great number of black people this way, but I didn't know they had been so far in the nefarious as to sell postcards of it! Very disturbing.
I will never understand how the Americans can think they are the best Christians on earth when they still have the death penalty, the right to own weapons and more than 2 millions prisoners?!

Only in America
well The Southern States right up to Ohio to Maryland that is

Most of those Prisoners are in Prison from the Simplest Petty Crimes that the Local Towns to City Jails can not keep up to the Over crowding but not all states have those Petty Crime Laws

there is One State's that lives by Freedom as their Motto is LIVE FREE or DIE!!! with a Tradition of Self-Sufficiency Living
From Wiki LOL
It has no general sales tax, nor is personal income (other than interest and dividends) taxed at either the state or local level.[4]

New Hampshire
en.wikipedia.org...

N.H. Receives Lowest Crime Ranking; Nevada Ranks as Worst State(03/25/09)
Read more: www.insurancejournal.com...

50 state crime rate 2009 (PDF)
os.cqpress.com...
www.insurancejournal.com...

the other States Need let people live in a Free Society

We need to learn from the Past and I Agree to Russel Means Retrieve the Constitution From the Crapper Some Officials are waking up !

Where Were the Tea Parties during the Reagan & Bush Area? most of then were living high until the Money Ran Out ! by the same Banks they did their investment in (*War, *Housing, Free Trade, Made in 3rd world to China overseas etc. ) ! War is a Racket

as a Former Marine

THE SMEDLEY BUTLER SOCIETY
warisaracket.org...

2 of the most Famed Military High Officials has Tried to get this Military Industrial Complex Across to the Public and was Silence By the Government controlled Media of a small group of Men (War Corporatism)
Imperialism

we cannot see though the Smoke are we are right in it
its like were the Hogs lured into and trapped in The Fence
Unknowingly waiting for the Slaughter
loosing Freedom for Security

What Scares me is this is leading right in to a Orwellian Society
we already have one a Full Reality Country that Must of Used the Book 1984 as Their Guide , The Country = North Korea

this started (Boosted) During the Reagan Area but In Reality the Wilson Area as 4 Tried to stop this Insanity Butler Eisenhower , Kennedy, Carter

Were the Makers of a Movie Called Network Right ?

American Imperialism

US IMPERIALISM

We have to get the Spice (OIL) in Arakkis(Middle east) at all cost ahh I mean Oil(Spice) in Middle East(Arakkis) same thing is it not?

Science Fiction gotta love it !

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by iandh

IandH

you obviously dont get it

jeanne75018 is talking about the Founders of this Formed Country called United States of America They were were Christian Based... Whether Catholic Protestant Independent and the Majority is Christian Based was and Still is as people believed that if your A Christian it was your duty to do only good deeds ... and as some people still believe this instead of having common sense ...

well its not Torquemada with the Spanish Inquisition anymore or Witch Hunting or is it ? Punishment Park..

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Wolfenz] Missing words Opps

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

So should the most powerful free country in the world intervene when these things happen? I think so.

There is no point in arguing with people, who have that kind of mindset...

Ps. Should the US ever fall into anarchy, Im sure you'll welcome the Chinese "help" with open arms..

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The US government really is to blame, and it's not the Faces you see
it's faces you don't see that controls everything.

No other country has changed so many Governments in order to
sieze a strategical advantage. And in more cases than not, there is
Oil involved somewhere. And it's all done in secrecy, and it takes years
for the truth to come out.

The thing that occured in 2001 was primarily due to the USA's involvement (some say interfering)
in the Mid-East. The White House will do what ever Israel says, just like Lap Dog.
The White House will always back Israel, no matter what Attrocites Israel does.
Israel will never have any sanctions placed against it as they are vetod agained by the
US in the UN. It is just a matter of time before Israel forces the USA to
do their dirty work with respect to Iran.

So you can see why some countries might not be welcoming the USA
with Hearts and Flowers.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

First off, please learn the difference between the U.S. and the U.S.A.

America is the 50 united states, the U.S. is the capitol building and the surrounding 10 miles square as per the U.S. Constitution, which is a corporate contract document.

I am so tired of people NOT KNOWING the difference. It is a big deal when you talk to "law enforcement" officials. There is a difference between a 14th Amendment, "U.S. citizen" and a Sovereign American.

Get it right please, and quickly. There are two very different flags for the District of Columbia, which is it's own country, and the American Flag.

It has been posted on ATS, in threads, so many times, the U.S. is a seperate and distinct country from America.

Thanks to the Public Fool System, many people are very uninformed and ignorant. Sadly too.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by daddio]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
So if you want to complain about the USA thats fine. But before you act like we're the global antichrist, look around the globe. No country does more for this planet. No country has done more for this planet. No country has defended freedom and democracy to the extent the US has.

What America has done to this planet is destroy it: huge oil spills, nuclear explosions, lab made disease and GM gone crazy - America's use and throw away mentality is what is killing this world. American's consume, consume, consume, and dont seem to care that they consume and waste more than their fair share. American's seem to think they have a right to everybody elses share of this worlds resources - this is why the world hates you, because you take your oversized slive of the pie and sit on your obese butts thinking it is your god given right, that you somehow earnt it.

You know what, I'm almost sorry I made this thread. Deny Ignorance. Not possible for some people. No country is perfect. But in comparison to most of the globe, we do a great job.

Toot toot, thats you on your own horn. I for one am sorry you made this thread, your great show of patriotism is let down by the fact you are too brainwashed by your country to begin to understand how the rest of the world see's you. Get over yourselves and realise we don't want to be like you - We see a once great nation that worked hard, had morals and promoted freedom transformed in to a lazy, corrupt, freedom fearing country. You seem to feel better when you compare yourselves to 3rd world countries?

Hate the US all you want. You call us names, racist, prejudiced, bigots.... How many Muslim countries offer equal rights? How many African countries? How many Asian nations? America gives rights to the people trying to bring it down. How many countries do that? How many countries will stand up and fight the types of governments that allow the kinds of things in the OP to happen?

*Slaps forehead* You see the world in black and white

It's a small list. We do more to help this world than anyone else. Sorry ya'll forgot about that. Yup, we do some bad things too. But I'm sorry, when I look at most of the earth and what people can and can't do, I'm still glad to live here, even with our rights being stripped away.

Toot toot. "we do some bad things too" I just don't know how to answer you without using sarcasm. You obviously are so patriotic to your country you will stand by it no matter what it stands for or if it stands by you.

But my question is this: Do people have basic human rights? Should these rights be protected? Or should these countries be allowed to continue with what they do now?

America is violating human rights all the time, why dont you guys fix your own issues before fixing other peoples. Sure, people out there are in need of help all over the world - but when your country is so full of corruption and problems why are you worrying about other people's citizens when you have people dying on your own streets that don't have basic human rights.

have a system where some folks are worth less than others, etc.... Then they need to be stopped.

You mean like in America where some people live on the street and have to deal drugs to survive and prositute themselves due to the class differences within society, while others drive around in cars that cost more than those people will earn in a lifetime and playing with their latest gadgets that will be thrown out in 6 months.

Some people need a reality check in my opinion.

I agree, maybe you should step outside of America in to the world the rest of us see. We call this reality

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

So what?

Numerous people around the globe are anti-something or anti-[insert preferable country name] for numerous reasons. Whether those reasons are correct in the opinion of the OP or other people isn't even important. Everyone is allowed to have their own view and opinion about the world, even in the anti-business for reasons/opinions about how they interpretet events.

Try to tell people you are from Holland like I am. People that have never been here often think we are just a bunch of druggies because of our drug policy and how we most likely didn't contribute much to the world during wars and other events, most likely because of drugs. Oh and of course how Prince Bernhard is responsible for the Bilderberg group and how we had a Nazi in our monarchy (which is a true fact, granted).

I hear this stuff every day as I have a lot of contacts outside Holland but the only difference is that I don't care. I know what's going on here, how it works for us (or doesn't work, too), and what we DID contribute. That's all that matters.

I can either stay up all night screaming my fiancee out of bed 'OMG THE PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET ARE WRONG AND HORRIBLE' but I don't. I got better things to do
Of course I have an opinion about government of other countries, why else would I be on ATS? But nothing to get all wind up about.

So yeah. So what? Sums it up best!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
i love america because everyone else in the world expects

us to behave in the ultimate way. moral and setting examples for the entire world!

be it immigration or foreign policies.

ahhh my country tis of thee.

let me say, that americans expect the same from the rest of the world who puts us to task for the high standards they themselves can't hold or won't try.

untill the complainers can reach our level they try to set for us, lol. no need for another t&c violation!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The problems and challenges the US face are distinctly unique to us. I'm sorry if that disturbs you, but I'm afraid no other nation can identify with our makeup. It's easy to judge and mock and criticize when your nation never has, and/or never will face the problems we do.

So, in essence, the opinion of someone from a nation with a fraction of the population, ethnic diversity, GDP, and military supremacy that the US has, must either take into account these issues or risk making a fool of themselves.

This is directly related to such issues as crime in America, and foreign policy.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I come from a very Catholic family (but I'm nearly an atheist now) and I've learned that Christians never pray for themselves, don't answer to violence by violence, can't accept wealth, can't kill, can't judge others, and so on. Maybe it's not what Jesus said, but that's what I've learned and what I remember from the religion classes. I think, many Americans don't follow much of this and I'm shocked when I see G.W. Bush taking oath on the Bible... and then going to war as easily as if he went to the supermarket.
Of course, French people don't follow much of Jesus' teachings either, but we don't pretend to be the good Christians who will save the earth from the evil Muslim (not as much as the Americans, though
).
Of course, there must be many great Americans, but we don't see them on TV so they don't exist for us!

[edit on 23/8/2010 by jeanne75018]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There is much anti-americanism on this site. It really just makes me laugh when I read these idiotic arguments against the US.

No country is perfect. And people are quick to point out flaws about our country. But as the OP clearly showed, most other countries are more f#cked up than the US is. We just get more of the limelight because we are the sole superpower on the planet.

I contribute a lot of this to jealousy. Self-proclaimed intellectuals that think they are making some brilliant argument against the US really just expose themselves for who they really are. little libtards with US-envy who secretly which they knew what it felt like to be an American

then you have the home-grown libtards who think its posh to go against their own country. I picture these folks with Nancy Pelosi and Obama posters all over their walls.

so u might really want to believe, and try really hard to convince yourself that 'amurikkah' is fool of dummies.

but how to explain the fact that we invented almost everything that is modern (car, airplane, computer, etc) and have technical know-how that far exceeds what is publicly currently displayed.

yeah, whatta bunch of dummies

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Wolfenz

I come from a very Catholic family (but I'm nearly an atheist now) and I've learned that Christians never pray for themselves, don't answer to violence by violence, can't accept wealth, can't kill, can't judge others, and so on. Maybe it's not what Jesus said, but that's what I've learned and what I remember from the religion classes. I think, many Americans don't follow much of this and I'm shocked when I see G.W. Bush taking oath on the Bible... and then going to war as easily as if he went to the supermarket.
Of course, French people don't follow much of Jesus' teachings either, but we don't pretend to be the good Christians who will save the earth from the evil Muslim (not as much as the Americans, though
).
Of course, there must be many great Americans, but we don't see them on TV so they don't exist for us!

Alot of holier than thou talk from someone from a nation that just banned burkas.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

There is no doubt that there are many people at this moment around the world are having many injustices committed to them by their governments but that being said, the United States cannot be the police of the world.
[edit on 21-8-2010 by Southern Guardian]

Don't often agree with you, but here I will.

The problem for the U.S. started when we shifted from "defensive wars" such as the two world wars over to "meddling wars" such as viet nam and iraq.

IMO, other than that most U.S. bashing stems more from envy than anything else. Proof? The number of people from around the world still wanting to come here ...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gainsayer

I don't pretend the French are better than the Americans. We don't have much to be proud of, neither have the Americans, nor the Chinese, nor the Japanese and the others.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I respectfully disagree.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wow.... and you say people who hate on the US ignore the facts? what about the fact that the American government is the only big country left to open up its UFO files? and you talk as if the US gov help other coutries that are commiting acts against human rights? wth? America cant even follow its own standards of human rights, they should fix there own damn country before they start "trying" to help others (if thats what there really doing and not have hidden agendas). tell me how a country can tell others how to run a country without torturing people if the very country that is trying to help is openly practising waterboarding? a known torture tactic? tell me how a country can say "dont be corrupt!" to other countries when the country that is trying to help is one of the most corrupt, bank driven countries in the world? You sound like george bush, he says that america is just trying to help the world by ridding iraq of Weapons of MD and killing terrorists, but we all know what his real agenda was! stop acting like your country is perfect and that your the victims, your country brought it on itself. End of story.

Btw this was in no way aimed at the american working class people, this is aimed at the gov of america and the system it opperates under.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join