It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TO all members of the Anti-US crowd

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
lol More American Stupidity & Arrogance, Australia Donates A #load Of Aid, Like UK, France, Germany, Turkey etc .....

Your nation does NOT Own Freedom!!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot

If it weren't for the USA, all of Europe would be speaking German today.

Perhaps ... but if it weren't for 'Europe' this continent might be speaking a Native American language today.

Causality is infinite ... folks 'setting the record straight' tend to be capricious on where they choose to begin its effects to validate their pre-conceptions.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I spoke to a yank once, she tried to tell me Australia depends on USA for aid PMSL

I could go deeper but it aint worth the spiritual pain ... America SUX Accept not everyone likes your nazi nation, phuck where did most nazi scientists end up AFTER THE WAR??? AMERICA

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Burgo]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Stop it.

Just stop.

The ones who want to hate America will.

Those who don't ...might not.

Propaganda baby. It's a two way street.

Hating Americans is fashionable now. You know that fashion is more important than anything else.

They will get their way. They will win. America will fall and those that rejoice will do so because they have been programmed that way.

It is all part of the plan.

Too bad we won't be around to help when they really need it.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Thank you for that well-researched OP!

I think our world is much more complex than that but I'd like to share a short story I experienced; I think you'll like it.

In the middle of nowhere, in a small village in Kenya, with no running water, no electricity, no phones, and the average person can't pay 10 Kenya Shillings (17 cents if I recall) to have their millet ground by machine instead of by hand.

In this little tiny village there's a nurse. She was educated in America, is supported by an American fund and an American grant built the one-room "hospital". She delivers babies, teaches about AIDS, helps in all sorts of ways and basically increases the life expectancy single handedly. When I first saw this building I was walking (for two miles, carrying luggage) and was utterly amazed! I honestly changed my opinion of America that day!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by Johnze
DrJay1975, once you basicaly understand the United States seeks to dominate our planet both militaristically and ideologicaly your governments actions will begin to make a lot more sense to you.

Oh, really? If we were trying to do that, I think we'd have been doing a better job all these years.

Originally posted by Johnze
Just as a side note however, to try and defend the most moraly bankrupt regime to ever ascend over this world in the way you are is beyond ignorance and shows nothing more than utter contempt for what this forum apparently stands for.

Exaggerate much?

Nah, Jericho65, we just suck at conquest. We appear to be so inept at it, that I'm not entirely sure what the rest of the world is griping about. I guess they just want some REAL conquerors, not the half-assed ones they got in us.

Where is a Hitler or a Tojo when you really need one? Oh, right, we messed up their plans... bummer.

Better luck next time, World. Maybe you can get the real go-get-'em conquerors you seem to so crave. If that happens, we'll try to sit on the sidelines next time, and not mess it all up for ya.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This thread seems to be a distraction from something.

Like the facts...

The U.S. like all corporations it seems has its pros and cons.

People just don't realize what has happened in today's world and need to do more history research.

Or just do research on money. It can get quite extensive.

Oh and look to my signature for more info on the U.S. Corp.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Why hate America? Why do we keep comparing how bad it is in other countries and the history of other countries, it doesn't change the fact that what America is doing shouldn't be hated. We hate america (and in saying america I mean the american government) because of what its doing right now, at this very moment i'm typing this. I'm mostly fed up with the lies and the double standard it sets for certain countires. We are "helping" the middle east to further an oil and power agenda and you want to defend it by saying we are "helping" or fighting "terrorism?"

btw I live in America and hate this money controled government.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by jerico65

Yes, the military started the war. The civilians in Hiroshima and Nagasaki did not start the war and did not deserve to be vaporized. There is absolutely no excuse for a war crime. Japan started the war with America by attacking a military target; America ended it by obliterating cities full of innocent people

Get a clue. Read some books.

There were near 16 MILLION Chinese citizens that were killed.....compliments of the Japanese army.

Read about the Rape of Nanking.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is a reason somebody coined the phrase, "War is Hell!"

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix
I agree with you. Americans are seen as consumers by their own government. They deserve better. This is sad.

[edit on 22/8/2010 by jeanne75018]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So should the most powerful free country in the world intervene when these things happen? I think so.

Way to be on the wrong side. Bombs dropped in highly populated area is immoral. It was wrong in WWII and is still wrong. It is, by the very definition, terrorism. No matter who the main target is, destroying a populated city block is not moral.

For all the terrible things you accuse the US of, most of which are not true, what is widely ignored are the horrors going on elsewhere.

You can try to claim the moral high ground but only on a pile of dead bodies. Trail of Tears, the only use of nuclear weapons on a population, 100,000 dead in Iraq from our bombs, the millions of Vietnamese we killed, the hundreds of conflicts we have been in without a declaration of war, the internment of American citizens of Japanese descent, and the meddling we do with our intelligence agencies among a multitude of more crimes.

The thing is, America needs to be held at a higher standard than the rest of the world because we have the means and ability to know better and continue to be evil, not only that, we claim impunity when we do commit acts of evil.

That's what happens when people aren't free. That's why the US fights for democracy.

We aren't free either, and Democracy is not freedom.

What would happen if we never intervened anywhere? Name one country that recieved no benefit from America?

One word... blowback. Violent intervention in the affairs of other nations has led to a lot of added bloodshed all over the world.

They provided more aid across the globe than any 2 countries.

Foreign aid has never, and will never work. It is simply a bribe we give the dictators of the world.

So if you want to complain about the USA thats fine. But before you act like we're the global antichrist, look around the globe. No country does more for this planet.

And no other country has done more to the planet. Just because we do good, and Americans are quite capable of that, that does not excuse our blatant acts of evil.

No country has defended freedom and democracy to the extent the US has.

We do not even defend freedom in our own borders. Again, democracy is not freedom.

You know what, I'm almost sorry I made this thread.

You should be, because you are wrong.

No country is perfect. But in comparison to most of the globe, we do a great job.

In comparison, being raped is better than being murdered(and even that is debatable). By comparing the US to other tyrants and despots around the world you have not only admitted that the US is evil, but, on principle, you think it is fine to commit evil acts if they are less evil than the acts of others.

Wow.

Hate the US all you want. You call us names, racist, prejudiced, bigots.... How many Muslim countries offer equal rights? How many African countries? How many Asian nations? America gives rights to the people trying to bring it down. How many countries do that? How many countries will stand up and fight the types of governments that allow the kinds of things in the OP to happen?

The lesser of two evils is still evil. You openly advocate evil because it is simply less evil than other actions.

But my question is this: Do people have basic human rights?

Yes.

Should these rights be protected?

Yes, but destroying ones rights to protect them is stupidity. If the only way our society thinks to protect freedom is through force, we will never be free.

Yes, they should be protected.

But not by destroying them. Human rights are not to be protected by a state that takes them away and uses as much 'freedom' as it wants to oppress its own people.

If a country wants to committ genocide, have a system where some folks are worth less than others, etc.... Then they need to be stopped.

Unless, according to your own principle, they are the least bad place. Then their job is to bomb the worse ones.

THe Iran thing made me think of this. SHould a country that treats women, gays etc... the way they do, be allowed to have nuclear power? No, thats another topic.

So in the name of 'Freedom and Democracy' we use force to take away the freedoms of another country. Fun.

The fact is America is not as bad as most of this board says. It does not deserve the bashing it gets while all of these other cesspools get a pass.

Its actually worse because otherwise good people like you are compromising your own morals to appease mommy and daddy state. No one gets a pass from me. Including the US... a country that has the intelligence and ability to know better.

I am sorry that I didn't the read the entire thread. I got to page 4 before I had to get going. Hopefully I didn't repeat someone elses points.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by DCPatriot

If it weren't for the USA, all of Europe would be speaking German today.

Perhaps ... but if it weren't for 'Europe' this continent might be speaking a Native American language today.

Causality is infinite ... folks 'setting the record straight' tend to be capricious on where they choose to begin its effects to validate their pre-conceptions.

Not going to play your game of 'what ifs?"

The USA saved the European Continent from German domination.

Live with it.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
"War Is A Racket" by Smedley Butler the most decorated marine in US history sums it up well. We are the current capos of the modern era. War is for profit and to control the economics game. Unfortunately war is the basis of human social organization. Perhaps one day we'll find another way.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

I am well aware of Nanking. But you are changing the subject. The poster implied that it was fine to nuke two cities because Japan started the war. American soldiers have committed terrible war crimes too; does that mean it would be ok to nuke New York? Wrong is wrong. The civilians of Japan did not rape the civilians of Nanking.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don’t want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

I really do think this is what America should do. We need to stay out of other country's business unless they are going to do something that is gonna effect the world or us firsthand. We do need to pull out of other country's and let them be.

We need to stop supporting Israel and pull out of all countrys if we would do those 2 things i think the hating would die down and things would smooth out. Does anyone agree?

As my biker buddies say, "FTW!". I think we ought to pull out of everything (glass Afghanistan - it's the quickest way to accomplish taliban destruction, complete the mission, and go home. Hell with the rest. They won't have to worry about the US forcing any sort of freedom on them at gunpoint then) and isolate ourselves at home. Beef up the borders, and let the world fend for themselves.

Corporations want to go overseas for cheap labor? Bye. Don't let the door bump yer butt. You can be the rest of the world's problem. Don't slink back trying to do business with us any more.

Someone wants to take over the rest of the world? Fine. Have at it. Leave us be, and the rest of the world can deal with you. To be honest, I couldn't care less any more about what happens to the rest of the world. I'm not the young idealist I once was, because I see where that misplaced idealism got me.

Come home, hunker down, button up, and let the rest of the world fend for itself, unless someone wants to dance with us, here. Absolute annihilation of the offending party often solves such difficulties. Otherwise, in matters of trade, internal trade only. Take care of our own mess, let the rest take care of theirs.

Bypass us technologically? I don't see a problem with that. It's your world, handle it as you like.

Just leave us the hell alone.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by State of Mind
I also get really annoyed when others bash America---I think a lot of it is jealousy/stupidity/following the crowd.

That, in a nutshell, is why so many people in the world have an anti-american streak.

From individuals to elected officials and government policy, there is this utterly asinine attitude that any criticism, any anger, any resentment resulting from American actions or policy MUST be rooted in:

a) jealousy
b) stupidity
c) the bandwagon

..and thus can be dismissed out of hand.

American Interests rule foreign policy - regardless of the implications for the sovereign nations those policies affect. If people are angry that the USA forced their government to sign over their water rights to American-based multinationals in return for an improved credit rating, that is a legitimate cause to be angry. And when Americans write off that anger as irrelevant, without even bothering to understand what has happened, that causes Anti-American sentiment.

People who "bash" America have reason to do so. There are valid reasons. Writing them off in simplistic terms such as "jealousy" or "stupidity" is one reason there is a gaping hole in the ground where the WTC used to be, and it is also one reason why American tourists often get the cold shoulder abroad (whether they realize it or not), or why people burn the US flag in front of embassies, and on and on.

Anti-American sentiment is caused first by the government doing whatever it wants, wherever it wants, second by dismissing opposition wherever it exists as being "counter to American Interests", and finally by classifying all remaining dissent as simple Anti-Americanisim based on stupidity, jealousy, and unthinking bandwagon-jumping.

Get it?

Whenever someone proclaims a passionate hatred for something, I tend to think they are jealous/stupid/ or jumping on the bandwagon. Or projecting. Its like those televangelists who preach so vehemently against gays, only to be caught with their pants down testing out their new male intern. "Methinks thou dost protest too much"

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
if you fall for anti american or hate the usa , you fall for tptb's trap, they like us to fight each other.

hate the gov and the elite, not the people.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by jerico65

Yes, the military started the war. The civilians in Hiroshima and Nagasaki did not start the war and did not deserve to be vaporized. There is absolutely no excuse for a war crime. Japan started the war with America by attacking a military target; America ended it by obliterating cities full of innocent people

The estimates of casualties to both sides during Operation Olympic, the invasion of the Japanese homeland, totaled in excess of 12,000,000, mostly Japanese civilians.

We had two choices, drop the 2 atomic bombs killing approximately 250,000 military and civilians, or risk the lives of 2 million US Military, and 10 million Japanese with a full scale invasion of the Japanese homeland.

Mr. Smart Guy, which choice would you have made?

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Oldnslo]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

yes I do believe the world would be better off or at least the same as it is or moving in that direction. It is extremely arrogant to suggest that without America advancements in humanity and peoples freedom would have never happened. If America was never founded do you think people would have just continued to be oprressed forever. I dont, I believe in humanity and instead of America another country would have stepped into the void and people would fight for their life and freedom. Revolutions have happened for centuries brought on by people who are oppressed and it will go on for centuries to come. And alot of our advancements can be attributed to Germany from the early 1900's. I love America but to think the world needs us is just downright ignorant, arrogant. And that is exactly why the forefathers set up the constitution the way they did. For us to be leaders by example and not by force. When the rest of the people of the world see us thriving then when they too feeel they want the same freedoms as us they will rise up and demand it and force it upon their leaders, just as America did. Without our help. An example for me is Palestine-Isreal. Do you think one would be far superior over another if it wasnt for American intervention, or possibly a little more balaced without or help. We have basically helped one completely suppress and opress the other.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
snip

Nahh just corporations that do business in America are evil.

Shell -weekly oil crisis in Nigeria
Chevron - worked with nazi in WWII
They hate rainforests so much they dump toxic waste in them.
www.youtube.com...
Haliberton - Big oil crime syndicate got two of their moles into office and started 2 wars for saddam's oil reserves.
BP - gulf oil crisis
Exxon - exxon valdez spill
"In 2009 Evil Exxon Mobil spent over 27 million dollars lobbying congresspeople in Washington."
Monsanto - GMO seed mob
AIG -globalist,bankster fascists stole bailout monies just to go on vacation to california.
Enron- Enron scandal,grand theft, lying fraud.
IMF - wants 3rd world countries to privativize water.
www.opednews.com...
WalMart -Corp-Mart sweat shop labor/forced starvation wage labor/dying from exhaustion labor to squash your competition yay!
Goldmen sachs/Treasury Dept/Rothchild's puppet government dept
CitiGroup/globalist bankster fascists
hotair.com...
Chicita-(with the CIA) destroyed Guatemala just to make the case for communists in the americas.
Nestle -"In the UK, bottle-fed babies are up to ten times more likely to develop gastro intestinal infections, but in the Third World, where clean water may be absent, mothers may be illiterate and independent health care and advice may be lacking, bottle feeding can be more dangerous. This can lead to a situation where babies are left vulnerable to dysentery, malnutrition and death, and Nestle is able to retain its estimated $4 billion market share in the baby-milk industry.

Over 3000 infants die every day from baby bottle disease (WHO), and formula dependant babies create massive economic strain on poor families, contributing to unsustainable land use.

Nestle were recently criticised by Oxfam for pursuing the Ethiopian Government for US $6 million as the country attempts to tackle a famine affecting 11 million people.This payment was so large because they demanded it in US dollars not local currency at the current rate of exchange not that of 1975 .Nestle did not even own the company when the factory was nationalised. Nestle has finally accepted US $1.51 million offered by the government on 23/1/3 following the campaign run by Oxfam which created a public relations nightmare.

The workers in a Nestle chocolate plant in Cacapava, Brazil went on strike in 1989, complaining of poor working conditions, including discrimination against women, lack of protective clothing and inadequate safety conditions. Within two months of the beginning of the strike the company had sacked forty of its workers, including most of the strike organisers."
www.endevil.com...

CocaCola

"The US-based International Labour Rights Fund, and the US United Steelworkers filed a lawsuit against Coca-Cola accusing its franchised bottle plant in Colombia of using paramilitaries to suppress union activity. In the still-unresolved case, Coca-Cola said it could not be held responsible because the plants were not directly under its control.The lawsuit filed in Miami in 2001 alleged that the company "maintains open relations with murderous death squads as part of a program to intimidate trade union leaders."

Corporate Influence Under a contract signed in 1997, the Colorado Springs school district will receive $8.4 million over ten years to sell a requirement of 70,000 cases of Coke products a year. The company urged school administrators to increase sales of Coke products by allowing better and unlimited access to machines and by allowing students to drink in classrooms. The company said it planned to spread this model throughout America. Will the UK be next?

In November 2000, Coca-Cola settled a class-action lawsuit by paying a record $192.5 million in settlements. The company was charged with racial discrimination, allegedly denying African Americans adequate pay, promotions, and performance evaluations. The lawsuit was filed by four past and current employees, ranging from a security guard to a former executive, on behalf of as many as 2,000 black employees who currently work for or have had salaried positions at Coca-Cola throughout the United States since April 1985. The plaintiffs claimed that Coca-Cola paid its average black employee nearly $27,000 a year less than its average white employee and limited black workers´ chances for promotion. In 2001, while Coca-Cola´s shares fell 23%, CEO Douglas Daft´s pay and bonus increased 17%, and he was given stock options worth up to $45.7 million and restricted stock work $47.9 million."

www.endevil.com...

Mcdonalds

"Cattle that go into hamburgers drink dirty swill water and dirty food. Until 1997, they were fed millions of dead cats and dogs purchased from animal shelters. They still eat dead pigs, horses, and poultry. (And chickens are fed dead cattle).

Cattle are also fed chicken manure, which may contain tapeworms, Giardia, antibiotic residues, arsenic and heavy metals. Federal inspectors report that animals that are visibly diseased, cattle infected with measles, tapeworms, and covered with abscesses are slaughtered and processed into meat. This is why the industry and the USDA are pushing meat irradiation rather then safety, health, and inspections as a solution.

One-fourth of the cows slaughtered is worn-out dairy cattle, animals most likely to be riddled with diseases, cancers, and antibiotic residues. McDonald´s relies heavily on old dairy cows because they are lower in fat, cheaper, and allow them to say all their meat is raised in the US.(Source - Food First)"

"The vast majority of workers at McDonald´s lack full-time employment, do not have any benefits, have no or little control over their workplace, and quit after a few months. McDonald´s jobs have been purposely de-skilled so as to be able to hire minimum wage workers on an interchangeable basis. One-third of fast food workers speaks no English. McDonald´s and other chains are aiming for automated equipment that will require zero training and are nearly there. Nevertheless, they fight hard to retain hundreds of millions of dollars of government subsidies for "training" their workers. Turnover is 3-400% a year."

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join