It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TO all members of the Anti-US crowd

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Iran Air Flight 655

Iran Air Flight 655, also known as IR655, was a civilian airliner shot down by US missiles on 3 July 1988, over the Strait of Hormuz, toward the end of the Iran–Iraq War.

The aircraft, an Airbus A300B2 operated by Iran Air as IR655, was flying from Bandar Abbas, Iran, to Dubai, UAE, when it was destroyed by the U.S. Navy's guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes, killing all 290 passengers and crew aboard, including 66 children,

The U.S. government issued notes of regret for the loss of innocent human life. The government never admitted wrongdoing, and did not accept responsibility nor submit an apology to the Iranian government

President Bush said, "I will never apologize for the United States of America. I don't care what the facts are."

The men of the Vincennes were all awarded Combat Action Ribbons for completion of their tours in a combat zone. Lustig, the air-warfare coordinator, received the Navy Commendation Medal, often given for acts of heroism or meritorious service, but a not-uncommon end-of-tour medal for a second tour division officer. According to the History Channel, the medal citation noted his ability to "quickly and precisely complete the firing procedure[/b

[edit on 22-8-2010 by john124]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
During the rough times of the US
Earthquakes
Floods
Buildings destroyed
Hurricanes
Has anyone from around the world ever helped the US?
Or people from other parts of the world donated money to the US for the needy or families displaced by disaster?
I can't think of any,.. But the US is Always there to help all the world is crisis situations..

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

Er, I think it's called staying on topic.

Did you see his comment at the bottom of his post???????

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Skippy1138
Equinox- please tell me which 2 cities the U.S. dropped "nuclear bombs" on?

Ummmm....

Hiroshoma and Nagasaki

......and I didn't even need to use Google....sheesh.....

Ummmm......those weren't "nuclear" bombs, those were atomic bombs....

and I didn't even have to use Google.....sheesh.....Get your facts straight!!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

That would be Nagasaki and Hiroshima Japan.

Didn't you larn nuttin in skol?

Yes I did- I learned those were atomic bombs, not nuclear weapons. What did you learn in school?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Earthquakes
Floods
Buildings destroyed
Hurricanes
Or people from other parts of the world donated money to the US for the needy or families displaced by disaster?
I can't think of any,.. But the US is Always there to help all the world is crisis situations..

This quote represents exactly the kind of ignorance which gives Americans a bad name. Head in the sand comes to mind.

Did you even research your false statement before posting it?

See link below for a list of countries which assissted/offered to assist US with Hurricane Katrina disaster.

International Response to Hurricane Katrina:
en.wikipedia.org...

US asked for assistance, and it was generously given. Now, how come Americans like you weren't aware of that, I wonder?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

its all good you saying your tired of people hating america...ur sick of the comments.

well a large majority of the world hates america my friend doesnt that say something? it says maybe...just maybe america is doing something wrong here.

so you dont like the comments? then do something to change peoples opinion.

and its not necessarily the american people who are hated...its the lousy government and the idiots who believe their country and government are the greatest in the world.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
So you don't like criticism of the Way the US government does things, eh ?

Just wait until that very same US government declares martial law and starts bringing "freedom and democracy" to Americans at gun point.

When US soil is declared a war zone, and the US military start bombing, shooting, torturing, and plundering American Citizens.

America is about to self destruct.
And the entire world will say you deserve every bit of it...........

Well, that was kind of a mean thing to say. I wouldn't wish those things on any country. I'm sorry you feel that way, but I like you, anyways.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

That would be Nagasaki and Hiroshima Japan.

Didn't you larn nuttin in skol?

Yes I did- I learned those were atomic bombs, not nuclear weapons. What did you learn in school?

Well, you should have a word with your teacher, because you weren't taught the truth.

There are TWO types of nuclear bombs: atomic and thermonuclear.

US (and UK) has also used nuclear weapons (though not nuclear bombs) in Iraq - they used depleted uranium, which is classified as a nuclear weapon.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Earthquakes
Floods
Buildings destroyed
Hurricanes

Gee, I wonder why...

If US vanish from the planet, would the world miss it ?
If Japan vanish from the planet, would the world miss it ?

If we dont want people to bash our country, then we should make it behave.
See all around you, does people bash the Japanese ? Apart from the WW2 (the past) ?

All hail Japan, Japan manga beats USA comic anytime eventhough they werent coloured.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by RainCloud]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Ummmm....

Hiroshoma and Nagasaki

......and I didn't even need to use Google....sheesh.....

Ummmm......those weren't "nuclear" bombs, those were atomic bombs....

and I didn't even have to use Google.....sheesh.....Get your facts straight!!!!

UNQUOTE

Ahem.....an atomic bomb IS a nuclear bomb!

Maybe you should use Google next time!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Hurricane Katrina.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

See link below for a list of countries which assissted/offered to assist US with Hurricane Katrina disaster.

International Response to Hurricane Katrina:
en.wikipedia.org...

US asked for assistance, and it was generously given. Now, how come Americans like you weren't aware of that, I wonder?

Interesting to read that the US refused French help for Katrina... Because we didn't want to go to Iraq?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8fl0z

I dont hate the land in which i live, i hate the people in charge.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by 8fl0z]

+1

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It is an ugly world isn't it? When you look throughout its history, and see the numbers killed in battles and wars, hopefully in the near future we can just debate each other to death.

After all someone once said, the tongue is mightier than the sword, how about a good tongue lashing?

[edit on 123131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

I am a little afraid to ask this because I fear you'll lash out.

But I'm honestly curious as to why you care what others on a forum think of your country? (btw, I am an American citizen)

It's an honest question ... what do you care what folks you've never met and have no relationship to, think of the US?

[edit on 21 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

You didn't post to me, but I'll play along with you.

To NOT set the record straight in this 24/7 news cycle internet world on which we live....only 'confirms' the outrageous accusations against us.

If it weren't for the USA, all of Europe would be speaking German today.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

When the Candians got to Europe during world war two, one of the first things they noticed was that the Germans had newer and better ford trucks than we did.

Germany might have stayed at home if they didn't have American wheels to ride on....

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Point taken but I still believe your government is no better than a "Criminal In The Night".
USA goes around dictating what it wants for the world and if it doesn't get its way it behaves like a spoilt brat and bombs people into submission including innocent children and thinks appologies will take away any karmic debt your septic nation most certainly deserves.

The only nation that as used Nuclear Weapons, heres a thought get rid of your nukes then ya's might look credible.

One country under God my *ss

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Burgo]

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Burgo]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Burgo

I wish we would stay home, honest to god, bring all the troops home, close the boarders, stop all the aid,

seriously.

George Washington in his Farewell Address placed the accent on isolationism in a manner that would be long remembered:

"The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign nations, is in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible. Europe has a set of primary interests, which to us have none, or a very remote relation. Hence she must be engaged in frequent controversies the causes of which are essentially foreign to our concerns. Hence, therefore, it must be unwise in us to implicate ourselves, by artificial ties, in the ordinary vicissitudes of her politics, or the ordinary combinations and collisions of her friendships or enmities."

Washington was promulgating a perspective that was already venerable and accepted by many. The United States terminated its alliance with France, after which America's third president, Thomas Jefferson, admonished in his inaugural address, "peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none."

www.u-s-history.com...

[edit on 123131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

AMERICA... # YEAH!!!

Seriously? Police are for the small minds. I take it yours is bigger. Check out Maslow's Hierarchy of needs. Drink in the Tao and try not to implode. Trust me, holding space is much harder than any poet or prophet can muster. After all, they are dead.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join