It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Regime Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

American Regime Change

ok, I just had to post this cuz this is THE FIRST
time I have heard a MSM News Network use
the phrase

AMERICAN REGIME CHANGE

in a news story. And it comes to us from
the FOX Network.

Amid speculation over whether Israel is gearing up for a strike on
Iran's nuclear program, the political and diplomatic consequences for the
Obama administration cannot be overstated. Former military and civilian
officials who have studied the potential fallout of an attack on Iran warn
of a global backlash that goes beyond warfare. The economy, America's
image, the prospect of regime change ... all are up in the air.

www.foxnews.com...

Now, my question is:
Is this a subliminal message that this is on the table
in some way or am I misinterpreting it to mean that
it's the Iranians who need a regime change??
Cuz the way they made it sound as if it was
on the table for America. Maybe, I'm wrong.

Your thoughts on this issue

Will America undergo a Regime Change if US Attacks Iran??

And wouldn't a Regime Change be the same thing
as Revolution by other means???

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It's all just sensationalism. Israel won't step outside of their box and hit Iran - a nation which is quite far away from them. The US won't do anything either. Best wait for Iran to fall to bits on its own like it nearly did the last time the people were robbed at what the Islamic Republic calls “elections”.

Regime change - assuming it is US regime change. Is that not what Americans do every few years through the ballot box? I know many people on these Boards complain, but if you are American then it is incumbent on you to change your political system if you think that is flawed.

Regards

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Regime change - assuming it is US regime change. Is that not what Americans do every few years through the ballot box?

lol??

Are you serious?

You don't think Obama is the black version of Bush?

You think that is a regime change?

Voting a mockingly hilarious 2 party system, wow.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I do not think we will attack Iran, atleast not in the next 10 years. I believe all this talk about 'Iran' and some pending attack is just some rightwing propaganda to get the rest of us to believe something like this will happen and have some more suspicion about the current government.

In the hypothetical scenario that this does happen which I highly doubt has any realistic chances to, I do believe this government and our system of international diplomacy will change. Iran is a whole new ball game to Iraq and a war against Iran will cost the US 10 fold as Iraq did in my opinion. I have no doubt that Iran could be readily invaded but the price of that invasion will be very very dear to the point where this nation will eventually collapse.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Best wait for Iran to fall to bits on its own like it nearly did the last time the people were robbed at what the Islamic Republic calls “elections”.

If you think anyone in Iran would ever support any form of western influences deciding or doing anything in their country...well just stop talking about Iran, you don't know anything.

Yeah, the people hate their government. The only thing they hate more than their own government is our government #ing with their governance, mainly because over the course of a century of doing so the Iranian people arrived in the situation they are currently in now.

The Iranian populace as a whole loves the west and America; they just want to be left the # alone.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I have no doubt that Iran could be readily invaded but the price of that invasion will be very very dear to the point where this nation will eventually collapse.

Yeah, the American ruling class would never jeopardize the stability of the US economy to wage war around the world.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

There is really not a lot of difference between the so-called Iranian election and the so-called US election.

There is only an illusion of choice - but there really is none, and the elections are rigged by the 'Regime'.

I find the use of the word 'Regime change' interesting. This is usually only used in relation to totalitarian governments. Freudian slip?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
There is really not a lot of difference between the so-called Iranian election and the so-called US election.

There is a lot of difference between the US and Iranian elections. You cannot compare the two – not even remotely and attempts to do so is crass and flies in the face of the evidence

For example, how many people have been executed in the USA following elections and have there been mass arrests and brutality? No, of course not.

Iran proactively suppresses political dissent and the legal process is scant and not transparent. Persecution is both brutal and done in secret. There is no freedom in Iran in the form that your average “westerner” would understand the word "freedom". Iranian human rights is shockingly poor. A cursory review of Iranian politics would vindicate what I am saying.

Originally posted by wcitizen
There is only an illusion of choice - but there really is none, and the elections are rigged by the 'Regime'.

Where is your evidence that the US elections are rigged? The US political system may be flawed, but it is incumbent on US citizens to resolve that. I am not a US citizen. Good luck, but there will be no progress if people just complain about it.

Regards

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
wow, talking about derailing a thread.

I ask for comments on the regime change
due to an Iran attack and most folks wants
to discuss the Iran attack itself.

Can we get back off Iran

and get back on the theme of American
Regime Change. thanks

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
i think american policy-regime has been planned to change long ago before this iran rubbish
i to am not american but it seems to me ur country hav got enough problems all we got a big rats lol

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I believe the term "regime change" in its context, used in the article, is in reference to Iran. However, if you wish for an American prospect, then I can only foresee a break up of the federal system in the United States.

War with Iran would lead to massive spikes in oil and ridiculous levels of inflation. It would destroy the debt-ridden US economy.

new topics

top topics

join