It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD doesnt exist

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wickedwenchlet
I agree ADHD doesn't exhist. I believe it is the lack of attention the parents give to their children. Kids are being medicated because the parents are lazy and uneducated.

funny, I think people who can't spell and make sweeping general statements that could be easily disproved are lazy and uneducated. huh imagine that

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by Strype
reply to post by Skyfloating

So is there any evidence supporting the fact that ADHD doesn't exist? Or is this just your opinion? I absolutely agree with almost everything you've stated in the OP. However, you've provided no evidence supporting the title of this thread, which was stated as a fact. Do you have any, or have you mislabeled the thread title?

Cheers,
Strype

Proof?

Here ya go:

www.amazon.com...

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_5

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_1

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_11

I could go on and on. Research takes time and requires desire to find truth. Most prefer to just take the advise of strangers as the easy way out to their children's demise.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by romanmel]

What a complete load of rubbish. You will always find someone de-bunking something, and feeling good about it, guess its in our nature. So, you are saying that my condition is make believe, and all the other adults that suffer with add?

I did not know you can read minds and look into our brains and tell us add sufferers that it is a load of rubbish!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wickedwenchlet
I agree ADHD doesn't exhist. I believe it is the lack of attention the parents give to their children. Kids are being medicated because the parents are lazy and uneducated.
I am one of the lucky ones that just escaped the generation of being a medicated kid. I find it difficult to deal with the fact that I'm only 30 and yet I find everyone under the age of 22 to be a dim witted twit.
Girls are rejecting condoms - because they are on the pill, I've heard teens telling each other you can AIDS from touching and no one seems to know "The Goodies" (British Comedy), Jean-Claude Van Damme (US/European Action Star) or two songs by Elvis (International superstar - freakin Google it)!!

My neighbour and I have renamed the Generation. From the Baby Boomers, Gen X and Gen Y........we now have gen WTF (what the f**k).
Simply because they are easy to spot.
"Son can you clean your room?"
"Aww mom, WTF for?"

"WTF, is the point?"
"WTF, is her promlem?"
"WTF, do I have to do that for?"
"WTF, are you looking at?" etc

Is it just me or is the Illuminati's plan to dumb us down is working?

A pure example of the type of people who think adad/add is not real

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

So is there any evidence supporting the fact that ADHD doesn't exist? Or is this just your opinion? I absolutely agree with almost everything you've stated in the OP. However, you've provided no evidence supporting the title of this thread, which was stated as a fact. Do you have any, or have you mislabeled the thread title?

Cheers,
Strype

Proof?

Here ya go:

www.amazon.com...

I could go on and on. Research takes time and requires desire to find truth. Most prefer to just take the advise of strangers as the easy way out to their children's demise.

What a complete load of rubbish. You will always find someone de-bunking something, and feeling good about it, guess its in our nature. So, you are saying that my condition is make believe, and all the other adults that suffer with add?

I did not know you can read minds and look into our brains and tell us add sufferers that it is a load of rubbish!

No one can help another who is determined to be a "victim" regardless of the facts to the contrary. We are surronded by "victims" today whining about how fate has befallen them. Grow up...get a life. Stop whining and start living life.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
As a father of a child with ADHD and is SUFFERING from it, I am extremely passionate about this issue. So much so that all I will do is tell you that you are less than ignorant about the subject. I can't go farther without being banned.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

If you show a kid "suffering" ADHD something interesting and relevant, he/she will get interested.

ADHD is not abount not being interested to do something, it's about not being able to do it at all.

[edit on 22/8/2010 by DGFenrir]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Being labeled adhd destroyed my scholastic life although I was ranked 99%plus nationwide. I wouldnt conform to behavior deemed appropriate and eventually dropped out as I realized in Highschool there was no place for my "being". I left to be free of rules and trust in myself to make something of myself since "school" was trying to change me so bad. I felt i was good enough, yes I felt special and deserved special situations. School wasnt looking to help me contribute to society but rather looking to "tame" me. ADHD is an excuse for the system to cut loose their little sacrifices to the beast, trust me its true.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Cheers,
Strype

Proof?

Here ya go:

www.amazon.com...

No one can help another who is determined to be a "victim" regardless of the facts to the contrary. We are surronded by "victims" today whining about how fate has befallen them. Grow up...get a life. Stop whining and start living life.

Your arragonce and ignorance amaze me! So, now you think i sit at home feeling sorry for myself! Again your are wrong. I have most prob seen and done more than you in my short life so far. So, i am not sitting at home being depressed about having add. I have learned to live with it and deal with it.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I agree with your opinion.....

I was told I had ADHD but in reality..
I never even had it..I know that I can just sit still..
It is because I chose not to sit still.....

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I agree with your opinion.....

I was told I had ADHD but in reality..
I never even had it..I know that I can just sit still..
It is because I chose not to sit still.....

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Are you saying that ADD doesnt exist too or just ADHD. I was diagnosed with ADD when I was 16. I was given medication which helped me considerably, unfortunately I didnt take it consistently. That was 20 years ago.
For the past 20 years I had been struggling with motivation and lack of concentration or getting tasks completed. I finally decided to go back on medication, my Uncle is a doctor and he prescribed me Adderall. I started taking it 4 months ago and have it has made my life considerably better. My work habits have completely changed, I work harder and longer. This is turn has made my business take off. I have never been busier or have made more money. Life has completely changed for the better.
So if you are saying ADD doesnt exist, you are wrong, as I am sure ADHD also exists. Obviously there is over prescribing going on as there is with many mental conditions, like depression, but to say that it doesnt exist is idiocy.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by tide88]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
ADHD is real as I suffer from it every hour of every day.

It has me trapped where the stupidest thing will light me up and am unable to calm down.

I have no idea what my head is doing from one minute to the next. I've had mini siezures because it's so bad. I get overwhelemed way to quickly and am unable to maintain proper focus.

I have to use illegals to keep it in cheque as if under when it happens I can deal with it much easier. Without it I'm a nervous wreck and can't do anything right.

I struggle everyday to not let it show on the outside as if anyone here were to ever meet me you wouldn't think it but it's what I do (which is usually sucessful for an hour at most but after that it becomes annoying) to try and maintain somewhat of a quasi normal life.

It strikes whenever it wants, however it wants, for as long as it wants and if you saw me during a lockup I look like I'm either possessed, look dead to the world, having a heart attack, look really dead, or look like I'm having a grand maul siezure and makes my face really screwy. Think of a classic horror flick and you get what I'm talking about. I have to remain totally numb so that it don't drive me to the point where people have to call "The Men In The Whitecoats" to come get me.

I have to keep a predominately open schedule as the lockups come unannounced and without warning so if I'm doing something pertinent or intricate I must stop what I'm doing and go in another room to deal with it.

Physically I'm suffering. It's cost me alot and would love to be further along then I am now but am paralyzed. I will literately "forget" to both eat and bathe and suffer as a result. My stomache hurting and growling with ADHD people is a common occurance. We tend to be less hygenically fit then the rest.

Just composing this here post my head's tried to lock me out on at least 10 different times in the last 5 minutes. At times it's relentless, at times it's managable but overall is a PITA to deal with!

The best way I can compare it is you know how your cpu freezes up preventing you from accesing any prog or icon?, my head works the same way.

The average person's neurological activity on a chart time graph is usually level with some sense of consistency and will read in a controlled somewhat straight line with little deviation with a mapable pattern, but me and other ADHD people's graph's are all over the map with alot of mountainous peaks and deep valleys showing tremendous deviation, no pattern with abosolutely no chance to map or "predict" what the next logical entry for the pattern should be as you can do with a non ADHD. I am missing one part of my neurological infastructure that allows you to keep the anchor firmly welded to your head.

The advantage however is cool as we need to use more of our brains in order to maintain basic function. The average person uses only like 10 - 15% total of their brain we have to average at least 40 - 45%. I have my entire neurological structure on double backup. If my primary is locked up I can use my secondary to get out of it but if that's locked up I can use the thrd if that's lockedout I must ride it out. We typically have higher IQ's and usually if able to control it enough to maintain employment are the ones telling the suits what's good. I am not employed. I cannot hold down a 40 hour work week.

Those who are on a scrip for something between ages 3 - 10 are the highest risk for alcoholism, illicit narcotic abuse and nicotine use as adults. We chase the feeling as that's what makes us feel somewhat normal.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
ADHD is real as I siffer from it.

It has me trapped where the stupidest thing will light me up and am unable to calm down.

Hey man. My situation isnt as bad as yours, are you taking medication. Look into adderall. Talk to your doctor. It has straightened my mind out. I am focused, motivated, and happier then ever. People that don't have it, don't understand. Medication will make you a better person. When the people around see a change for the better, you know its working.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think it is sad that society's solution to the last 50 years of toxicity and mind programming is to medicate with more toxins.

It is typical of today's approach to a medical problem - dumb it down - cover it up.

When really we need to rethink how we live and change that.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Evidently you never had a child with ADHD.

I can only come to the table with my experiences.

My ADHD child was born in 1977. He would go for days and not sleep as an infant, DAYS - and even now, he still has trouble sleeping.

We opted not to medicate him. Back then they used Ritalin, which after researching I just did not feel this drug was safe.

My ADHD son never had any unnatural food, save for M&M's (and that as a reward but on rare occasions.

I also planned my pregnancy, never did drugs and drank alcohol on occasion (but never while pregnant)

My neighbor who was also pregnant would walk around barefoot, pregnant drinking beer at 10 AM every morning and had a "normal" kid. Go figure. She also ate junk food by the truckload.

I ate a 100% natural diet (no white bread, sugar, coffee, MSG, tea ,diet soda, etc)

My children were raised in a two parent household. We are still happily married after 36 years.

No child abuse ever, we would tell our children, I love you but I don't like what you did vs screaming insults at them.

My ADHD was smacked on the bottom once, when he ran out into the street and almost got hit. He was two and it was in early March 1979.

In short, we were excellent parents.

You have no idea what a true ADHD is, none, zilch, nada - the brain and the way its intricate workings work is truly different in a child born with ADHD.

Case in point, before my ADHD child was born he would kick inside of me to the point of causing pain. People could see he had two hands and feet, he was punching to get out for hours.

He could not talk until four, I talked to him constantly, watched Sesame Street with him (we only let him watch Sesame Street). He could not sit still for more than two minutes literally all day and all night for years.

No, your opening post is so wrong on so many levels.

As far as science, we are still in the dark ages when it comes to the intricate workings of the human brain.

Scientists still don't even know how our brains totally function.

We're not talking a little nervous energy here with ADHD.

I have watched other people's "normal" kids and it's a breeze compared to my ADHD. A walk in the park. I could and did watch 7 kids all at one time and found it easier than my one ADHD.

(All the children I watched could read and write by the time they entered kindergarten, except my ADHD).

You have no idea what a parent of a child with ADHD goes through.

And yes, I agree with one part of your post. Children should be allowed to be children.

If it were up to me, all children would have a nice big safe park to play in, a soft warm bed to sleep in, enough food to nourish them (my 3 sons didn't even know what white bread was until 1st grade and other people brought their frap junk food to school).

All children should have two parents, who love and cherish them and never be made to feel unwanted or unloved.

There is so much garbage our children are exposed to now. They are not allowed to be children anymore.

I can say, when I take my last breath, I was a good parent but either because of environmental poisoning or frappy genes I got the $hit end of the stick on this one.

ADHD does exist. We've come a long way since 1977 but still as far as the human brain and how it functions, we are still in the dark ages.

No, it's not just a matter of "energy", its nonstop activity. You have no idea what so ever the amount of energy. I had to be on top, aware and present with my ADHD 100% of the day everyday. I could not even go to the bathroom without dragging him in for fear he would be running down the street, in the street or doing something destructive and dangerous.

Those two words describe his impulsiveness, destructive and dangerous.

Impulsiveness, to the point of insanity, all through his life, not just as a child. They never grow out of it.

Science links it to a possibility of pesticides (environmental poisoning), genes and maybe other things we're not aware of.

It's evident you never had a kid that has ADHD.

It is a physical, not mental brain dysfunction. Some say it has to do with the chemicals our connectors secrete aren’t exactly “right” and this makes the brain connections incomplete.

Some say that the wiring isn't quite right. You can see it in the brain scans. A true ADHD’s brain does look different.

THURSDAY, Feb. 11 (HealthDay News) -- A link appears to exist between attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and anomalies in the brain's reward system, a new study suggests.

Spanish researchers used MRI to scan the brains of 42 children with ADHD and 42 other children with no signs of ADHD and found that the ventral striatum was smaller, particularly on the right side, in those with ADHD. The ventral striatum includes the nucleus accumbens, which maintains levels of motivation when a person starts a task and continues to maintain motivation until the task is completed.

The reduced size of the ventral striatum in children with ADHD was associated with symptoms of hyperactivity and impulsiveness, the researchers said.

The study was published recently in the journal Biological Psychiatry.

These findings support results from previous studies in animals in which researchers identified an association between the nucleus accumbens, impulsive behavior and hyperactivity.

The researchers said it appears that ADHD is not only caused by brain alterations that affect cognitive processes, but also by brain irregularities that cause problems with motivation.

-- Robert Preidt

Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.

SOURCE: Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, news release, February 2010

Our ADHD could not learn and school was a nightmare. We are not talking normally impulsive and normal energy, we are talking nonstop for almost three decades.

You have no idea what ADHD is all about, none.

Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is caused by neurological rather than parental, social, or emotional causes. The cause of Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) has been linked with the brain's chemical system, not its structure. Thus, Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a problem with brain chemistry - not brain damage or injury.

The brain uses multiple chemical substances for operation, regulation, and communication. These chemicals, called "neurotransmitters", serve various functions in the brain. Three neurotransmitters have been linked to behavioral and emotional conditions: Dopamine, Serotonin, and Norepinephrine. If we imagine using a "dipstick", like the dipstick used to check oil/transmission fluid levels in our automobile, we might be able to check the neurotransmitter levels in our brain, finding which neurotransmitters are low, within the normal range, or high. Low levels of Serotonin, for example, are linked with clinical depression and for that reason; modern antidepressant medication increases the availability of the Serotonin neurotransmitter in the brain.

Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) appears related to two neurotransmitters - Dopamine and Norepinephrine. Neurotransmitters are used by the brain to stimulate or repress stimulation in brain cells. To pay proper attention, the brain must be adequately stimulated. To have proper control of our impulses, areas of the brain must be adequately controlled, repressed, or slowed down. In ADHD children, both systems of stimulation and repression are not working correctly. Some studies suggest that ADHD Children/Adults may have only ten to twenty-five percent of these two neurotransmitters found in the normal brain.

Inattention and distractibility appear to be related to low levels of Norepinephrine. ADHD Children/Adults can't judge which things in their environment are important and which should be ignored. ADHD Children/Adults often feel the flight path of a fly in the room is as important as the teacher's algebra lesson. To the ADHD Child/Adult, everything on the desk is equally interesting and worthy of attention. Low levels of Norepinephrine also make it very difficult for ADHD Children/Adults to sustain their focus on a task, plan ahead, and understand such concepts as sequence and time.

The impulse and behavior problems found in Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) appear related to low levels of Dopamine in the brain. When dopamine levels are normal, we can repress the urge to do or say something in public, grab something interesting on a desk, blurt out our opinion, or touch/poke someone who has just walked within our physical range. Low levels of dopamine in the brain makes control of impulsive behavior almost impossible in the ADHD Child/Adult.

www.enotalone.com...

My son who is now 33 says we were "awesome" parents. His daughter does not have ADHD (Thank God) and she is easy to watch, a breeze, a walk in the park compared to her father.

Your post is not helpful because it misinforms. There is such a thing as ADHD, I’m a survivor of it.

As a side note and ending to this rant: We went through over a decade of family therapy, ADHD affects the entire family.

My son who is now 33, because we were such good on top of everything every minute of every day parents, turned out to be a decent, productive, kind and good human being. He still fights his impulsiveness and has told us, yes his brain works differently than most peoples.

BUT, If you were choking in a restaurant or someone was holding you up with a gun and everyone was looking the other way, my son would be the one to step up to the plate and save your arse.

He's brave beyond the point of brave, he's my son and I love him.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Personally I find the drugging of overactive children disgusting and bordering on criminal. I'm sure there are genuine cases of ADHD but the likes of Ritalin is massively over-prescribed in my opinion. I have personal experience of this - my 8-year-old nephew was prescribed anti-ADHD medication after his school contacted his parents about his behaviour. Apparently he found it difficult to concentrate and was always looking out of the window, almost being detached from the rest of the class. Either that or texting on his mobile.

Is that ADHD? Or is it daydreaming? I say the latter. I used to do the very same thing at school because it was a way of escaping the crushing boredom of Geography lessons. Instead of texting I used to draw on the desks. Anything but listen to the drone of the teacher's voice. Did I have ADHD? No, becuase it didn't exist then. Do I have it now? No. Am I one of life's daydreamers? Most certainly. Do I still find it hard to concentrate on boring things? Yes.

Since my nephew started taking the drugs he's become a different person. He doesn't laugh at Spongebob anymore. He's not interested in playing his guitar. He's just very...still. I hate what his parents and doctors have done to him. I think it's absolutely unforgiveable.

In my opinion these drugs are often prescribed to children with bad, lazy parents. I'm not saying all, but a lot. It stinks to high heaven.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by margaretr
I think it is sad that society's solution to the last 50 years of toxicity and mind programming is to medicate with more toxins.

It is typical of today's approach to a medical problem - dumb it down - cover it up.

When really we need to rethink how we live and change that.

Let me ask you, what experience do you have with ADD or ADHD? If there is a chemical imbalance in the brain you need medicine to fix that imbalance. What do you do for a living? I know first hand the advantages of taking medication for this problem, FIRST HAND. So when people that do not have this disease, or handicap, say it doesn't exist pisses me off. Unless you are a doctor, and person who has been diagnosed with it and has actually tried taking the medication, or a parent who has experienced it, you should keep you mouth shut.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
[quote]

In my opinion these drugs are often prescribed to children with bad, lazy parents. I'm not saying all, but a lot. It stinks to high heaven.

I do agree with you. There is definitely over prescribing going on. Some parent are just lazy and a kid is seeking attention or is bored, but this is also a very serious metal problem. If you really have it, it doesn't matter how much attention you get or how much love. Those are the kids that need medication. I never had the problem of ADHD, just ADD. Before medication is given you should have to go through extensive testing. When I was sixteen I met with an expert who tested me for a couple of hours. A lot of time the parents will just take kids in to see their family doctor who will ask the kid and parents a few question and decided right there what is wrong. This is wrong. You should see a specialized doctor in the field of ADD/ADHD and get proper testing before you take any medication. So I agree with people who say that medication is over prescribed, I just disagree with the ones who say it doesn't exist.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by InterestedUK

That is because the teachers are over worked and underpaid. Most don't care, they just want to shove the "knowledge" into the kids and be done with it.

Maybe if we paid our teachers more instead of putting all our tax monies into the war machine, maybe they would care more.

My two sister in laws are teachers.

They are now up to 35 kids in their classrooms.

We don't pay our teachers enough.

We as a society (At least in America) I can't speak for any other country, would rather our tax dollars being spent on the military vs social and educational uses.

You get what you pay for.

Ritalin, is used, again in my humble opinion - as a tranquilizer, to sedate the kids so they do not disrupt the huge classroom of kids.

We should have classrooms of only 12 kids tops.

Teachers should be paid very well because they are educating our children who are our legacy.

Daycare workers should be paid well enough and have more social standing than they do, for they too are the keepers of our most important people, our babies.

But, we pay people like Beyounce to jiggle her booty tens of millions of dollars (she at this writing is worth 260 million).

Speaks alot about our society doesn't it.

Speaks alot about what we really value.

I am passionate when it comes to our children.

No child should be forgotten, unloved, medicated or abused.

We as a nation should be demanding better stuff for our kids.

Our children, most at 9 are now key latch kids, left unsupervised, to fend for themselves in a dangerous world.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tide88

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
ADHD is real as I siffer from it.

Hey man. My situation isnt as bad as yours, are you taking medication. Look into adderall. Talk to your doctor. It has straightened my mind out. I am focused, motivated, and happier then ever. People that don't have it, don't understand. Medication will make you a better person. When the people around see a change for the better, you know its working.

I've been on at least 6 scrips between 1984 - 1995 and flat out refuse to take any scrip for it as I don't need to ballon to 240 lbs (currently 6'1" at between 165 - 170 lbs and feel great at that), have more problems then I do now and add other ailments to this concoction. I'm on SSI with Medicaid and do not want to burden the taxpayer further unessicarily. I only add to the card things that will guarantee results and won't ever put a cent on the card over questionable and speculative results. The science and labcoats I trust it's the scrips and Big Pharm I don't.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join