It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD doesnt exist

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Dude, you come across as a giant a-hole on this thread. I'm sure that's what you were going for. Well done.

You can sit there and pat yourself on the back for not taking meds all you want, but your situation is completely different than anybody elses, because everybody is different. As with anything, there are varying levels of severity when it comes to a child's ability to focus and shift gears mentally. Because you were able to embrace your inability to sit down and apply yourself, doesn't mean everybody should have to take your path. Your negative tone, and attitude towards children who are struggling, and parents who are trying to help their children, is sickening.

I'm curious what your supposed experience is with brain scans and such. Are/were you just a tech who pushes the start button, or are/were you a doctor who actually interprets the scans? Also, what makes you think everything that goes on in the brain can be read with imaging equipment? I had no idea that the mystery of the human brain had been solved, I was under the impression they were still learning and studying it. You seem to put alot of faith in the medical profession, when it comes to machines that they charge four grand for a ten minute session with, but then you turn around and call ADD a scam by the medical profession to make money?

[edit on 24-8-2010 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

BRAVO! Well said and well written, my sediments exactly!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

To be honest i do not understand your topic. No one is making fun or complaining about ADHD, but it is a fact a mental issue even if you like it or not.

ADHD doesnt exist- is not a good title for your topic since it actually does exist
=

I like your opinion, and no one has complained about that i believe, you are entitled to have one
Thank you for sharing your thoughts

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Like I said, I've dedicated my life to medicine, medical studies and the medical profession.

and? does that give you the right to know whats going on in my head, and my condition?

Ooookay.
I got like...2 lines into your reply before I felt I needed to say something.
Other than the comment I made about your "poor me I have add" attitude was nothing more than an observation based on your posts. I never claimed to know what's going on "in your head" and honestly, I don't really care.
Other than that, not once did I profess to dictate how your feeling or whatever.
I was speaking from experience too.
So just go find someone else to play with.

Thanks for not answering my questions! You don't know whats going on in my head, but you say this lol

So, you have issues concentrating. Good for you...I do too. You're fidgety.Good for you...so am I.

So, you think our concentrating are the same? You don't have a clue mate. All i see here is a person who, for some reason is trying his hardest to de-bunk this, even to the point where you know how i feel when it comes to my concentration. I think you don't have a clue about ADHD/ADD, and i think you dont even care!

Remember you wrote this.

fad created to sell drugs and give people yet another crutch and excuse to fail at life.

Again, you think you know ADD peoples lifes, and they have a good excuse to fail. Another load of rubbish. There are alot of people with ADD who have great lives and jobs. Once they get help, like i did.

Like i said, and you did not answer. Do i have a failed life?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I love how the OP has the audacity to call himself a "Subject Matter expert" but continues to remain absolutely clueless on this.

Sky,

Seriously, wearing a "SME" badge on your avatar does not automatically decree you an expert in matters on ADHD as you have no clear idea what you are talking about and should go do some more research on the topicc.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Has anyone discussed why American children seem to be the only ones on the planet that are diagnosed with ADHD and then drugged? Do the countries with the smartest student bodies have this problem?

While I am not a Dr., I do have a problem with the very real liklihood that many parents are being told their kids have ADHD ....when maybe they're just being kids.

Remember that the Pharmaceutical Companies have the largest lobbyist groups in Washington... more so than even the defense industry.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
psychiatricnews.wordpress.com...

Iatrogenic disease
Temporary chemical frontal lobotomies
Chemical straight jackets
Pharmaceutical emotional disassociation

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
ADHD is a poor way of passing off other things.

1) Kids need to learn to grow an attention span.

2) It is benefitial for TPTB for people in the future to not have such an attention span. Who cares what human-rights-raping laws get passed if you are too busy fidgetting infront of America's Got Tallent? Dumbing down the masses.

3) Anti-ADHD drugs could contain anything that is a downer. Plus its good business for the pharmaceutical cartels if half the populus needs to get pilled up to read to the end of a sentence.

4) The quality of food in highschool practically gave me ADHD. High fat, high sugar junk that has you either climbing the walls or falling asleep. Couple that with the radiators being turned right up (and controlled miles away by the local authority no less) and I wonder how I learned anything.

Its a shame. Kids have a much truer understanding of life before we pump ego into them and bash them into the moulds needed for our societal means. We might scoff at kids questioning stuff.

Case in point, I went to church recently and the minister had finished praying. At the end a little boy in the front row asked his mother (loudly) "who is Gog?". I will try not to do that to my kids.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Great find slugger. One quotation from this article I think is something that any parent considering assaulting their children with psychiatric drugs needs to know:

“Antipsychotics, which are being widely and irresponsibly prescribed for American children–mostly as chemical restraints–are shown to be causing irreparable harm,” warned Vera Hassner Sharav, president of the Alliance for Human Research Protection, in a February 26, 2010 InfoMail.

“These drugs have measurable severe hazardous effects on vital biological systems, including: cardiovascular adverse effects that result in shortening lives; metabolic adverse effects that induce diabetes and the metabolic syndrome,” she wrote. “Long-term use of antipsychotics has been shown to result in metabolic syndrome in 40% to 50% of patients.”

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OurManInGlasgow

Anti-psychotics aren't usually prescribed for ADD, stimulants are, Ritalin is similar to caffeine.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
While some parents see their little four year old boy/girl running, yelling, and having a good time, they will automatically think ADD/ADHD, and take them to the doctor who will in turn throw pills at the situation. My mother on the other hand took me halfway across Ontario and back numerous times for testing in the early nineties. after a whole year of this, I was diagnosed with with ADHD.

I can tell you from personal experience that it does exist, I have had to deal with it my whole life. I was hyperactive and played outside to the point I ran myself to exhaustion. When I hit my teen years, that all stopped and I calmed down (Due to my mind and body changing), the only thing is now I can't concentrate on anything for more than two to three minutes without constant physical, and mental effort.

School was a b**ch, teachers think you're retarded, and the kids think you're a freak. At my job and school, people just think I'm lazy. The only thing that pi**es me off even more is when people say that it doesn't even exist.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by torturekiller2006

Yes we know that many children are most prob diagnosed with adhd, when they don't actually have it. But, the problem with this thread are the people who say adhd/add does not exist. They are ignorant and arragont enough to say rubbish like "i used to find it hard to concentrate too, get over it" as if they know whats in an adhd/add's mind. This is frustrating and annoying.

I said after a couple of pages that these type of people would disapear from the thread if tomorrow in the news, they said they had proof that ADHD/ADD was real, and knew how to do the tests to prove it.

Some of the people on this thread would not hold their hands up and say"hey, i was wrong" No, they would just leave the thread! Already this has happend of this thread. Someone was proved wrong, and the person decided to leave the thread, and not even amit he was wrong. You wanna know why? its because of there arragonce, and they are more worried about being proven wrong, rather than getting to the bottom of this condition and learning something new.

Some people on this thread have said how we like having this condition because somehow it makes us "special" This, to me, sounds like some sort of jealousy that has turned into deep hate, so they say rubbish like this.

Like me, if you have ADD, then don't let these people get away with some of the rubbish they have been saying, and don't let them get to you, because thats what they want to do.

I have had posters try and turn the argument on me because i am sticking up for what a am. They have said i am looking for sympathy, just because i am arguing there point, or disagree with them. I will not let these people get away with the same old tactics.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by OurManInGlasgow

"...Ritalin is similar to caffeine."

[edit on 26-8-2010 by 27jd]

As a matter of face Ritalin (aka "kiddie-coke") is classified by the government with coc aine and morphine.

In his book, Talking Back to Ritalin, Dr. Peter Breggin expands on Ritalin's effects:

“Stimulants such as Ritalin and amphetamine... have grossly harmful impacts on the brain -- reducing overall blood flow, disturbing glucose metabolism, and possibly causing permanent shrinkage or atrophy of the brain.”

Other well-known side effect of Ritalin include:

* paranoia
* psychosis
* insomnia
* aggressiveness
* hallucinations
* convulsions
* pathological thought processes

(See www.newswithviews.com...)

For anyone looking for a natural and safe remedy there is fish oil:

"A daily dose of fish oil is better at treating hyperactivity than Ritalin - the 'chemical cosh' linked to the deaths of children, stunning research has revealed. Just six capsules a day of the naturally-occurring oil can vastly improve children's behaviour without any of the side-effects of Ritalin and related drugs." (Read more at: www.dailymail.co.uk...)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OurManInGlasgow
As a matter of face Ritalin (aka "kiddie-coke") is classified by the government with coc aine and morphine.

What government are you referring to? Sure, all of them are drugs. Cocaine is an analgesic, and morphine is an opiate pain killer. Any of them can be abused, so can coffee (aka "office crack"), not sure what your point is.

In his book, Talking Back to Ritalin, Dr. Peter Breggin expands on Ritalin's effects:

“Stimulants such as Ritalin and amphetamine... have grossly harmful impacts on the brain -- reducing overall blood flow, disturbing glucose metabolism, and possibly causing permanent shrinkage or atrophy of the brain.”

Judging by the name of his book, I can't put my finger on it, but it seems like he's a little biased against Ritalin. I love the "possibly" causing statements. Nothing to back it up, but it's way too scary to leave out of your anti-Ritalin book. Those side effects can come from ANY stimulant, caffeine included. The psychosis and most of those side effects listed, come from abuse of stimulants, and sleep deprivation.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Cocaine, morphine, and ADHD meds, amongst others, are Schedule II drugs. This means that there is a medical use for them, but there is an increased risk of abuse with them.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I know that, I went to school for pharmacy technology. That's why I said they have potential for abuse. But, since when does the scheduling of controlled substances truly take into account safety? Case in point, marijuana is a class 1, meaning they say it has NO medicinal qualities, and a high potential for abuse. We ALL know that's complete BS, so I really don't take drug schedules too seriously. The reason I asked what government, is because his screen name says Glasgow, so I was wondering how they class drugs in the UK.

I'm not saying that all kids need these meds at all, I'm just pointing out that everybody seems to have an agenda, facts be damned. Yes, those drugs can be misused. But, kids that TRULY have ADD, can benefit from them. Stimulants tend to have the opposite affect on people with ADD, I've seen it with my own eyes.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I don't think it makes you, me, or anyone else special. I would not wish this anyone.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by torturekiller2006

Its only the people who think its BS, that thinks its special or something. At least they have all disapeard from the thread, like i know they would. Its so sad that people like this are in this world. Fued by arragonce and ignorance. Not even the OP has bothered to come back on here.

Oh well!

I suppose they have moved on to something else to say is BS

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
have to ask or im not even gonna ask but mearly point out since there seams to be a notion that everyone is born a thinker / tinkerer equal part which is false.

some are more left then right brained and some are more right then left and thats not something we can escape

everyone is not made to work at a steel mill or ambulance driver or tax revisionist ? ,

if you cant point out which part is broken then you have a very rare illness other wise its just a subjective thought or notion that has more to do with introvert and extrovert social rituals and positions in social heirarchy and the way you precive a norm throu others ,

i mean just because you own a hammer doesnt mean your a carpenter,

[edit on 28-8-2010 by zerbot565]

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join