Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

ADHD doesnt exist

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
All this position based name calling and defensive opinions will still never change the fact that the people in our lives that we love, or some of ourselves will have and display this condition, and the arguments as to who's right or wrong will never address the NEED(s) to live a loving and accepted life.
So it really doesnt matter if 'we/they' are stupid, dumb, genetically flawed, distracted, medicated, needing medicated, ignored, enabled, etc., because it seems like all these labels are taking on more importance than the real people themselves.
Everybody is different, and yes there will be some similarities but my gawd I'd rather have ADD than the ANGER.
Stupidity has a cure, so does anger.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I harbour no ill-will toward anyone in this thread. I think all the people posting here are lovely. They are human beings all trying to do and contribute the right thing. Each in their own way and based on their own experience.

If I had ADD I'd be reading and wanting ALL dies of a story and Id be trying out ALL sides as well, not only the "official version". I think its natural to examine both and then decide what works best.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Originally posted by Dock9
Why would a parent bother when it's so much easier to waltz into the playground and proudly announce to the other parents that their son is not spoiled or undiciplined at all, as many had said. No, he has ADD/ADHD, like all the best kids. The nice doctor said so. And had just supplied the boy with his very own first dose of Ritalin. So there, ner ner

Oh, you mean kind of like....
Why would you bother with facts, or truth. When it's much easier to lie and claim that ADHD and Ritalin were invented hand-in-hand.

You, who lazily invented a "fact" on the spot. Have no place pointing your lazy finger at parents who you claim are lazily accepting a diagnosis of ADHD or derivatives.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Dock9.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

I find it hilarious that you are acting like a Ritalin expert, when you didn't even know when it was invented.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Now, seeing as you wish to convey you harbour a great deal of information about ADD/ADHD and its chemical 'cure', Ritalin

please explain if you will, why the US Armed Forces, for example, will not accept any user of Ritalin, until a qualified medical doctor provides it his written belief that the individual has not used Ritalin for minimum of 4 years ?

You have no place sarcastically commenting on others knowledge of Ritalin. Since you have proven, that you are willing to lie about the matter to make your point.

Also, the military's policies are irrelevant. They don't prove the existence or nonexistence of ADD or it's derivatives. They only prove that the military has policies.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

"Clueless", eh?
Because I disagree with your argument?
Like I said, I've dedicated my life to medicine, medical studies and the medical profession.
It's not like I'm wholly uneducated on the subject.
So, you got diagnosed.
Good for you.
So, you have issues concentrating.
Good for you...I do too.
It motivates me to work harder.
You're fidgety.
Good for you...so am I.
Exercise some self control and perhaps the need to blame your issues on some imaginary learning disorder might diminish.
I said "might" because after reading some of your posts, it appears you need that crutch...which is fine.
I had no issue with you until you singled me out personally.
So I disagree with you.
If that's what, in your opinion, is what makes me "clueless"...well...then it really seems like you have more problems than a "learning disorder".
When you got "diagnosed", did you get a second opinion?
A third?
Have you undergone CT scans and brain wave functionality tests?
Do you have any real data, in a hard scientific form, that supports that this condition is anything other than fanciful drug company propaganda?
Should you provide the results from scans, cognitive functioning tests (which I used to administer to my clients, so I'm quite familiar with how they work) and lab results, I'd be more than happy to review and research them and perhaps we can engage in civil, educated conversation.
Well...until then, I will continue to disagree with your "poor me I have add" attitude and I will continue to hold to my educated opinion that this "disorder" is just another pseudo-scientific fad created to sell drugs and give people yet another crutch and excuse to fail at life.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Then there are those US Federal and State government agencies, aren't there ?

Now, you'd expect Federal and State agencies would be delighted to have amongst their employees people who are calm, organised, able to concentrate, etc.

And people such as yourself, Jay, claim Ritalin has provided you with those attributes

Are you able to explain, therefore, why US State and Federal government agencies have it as their policy *NOT* to employ users of Ritalin in sensitive areas involved with, for example, Homeland Security ?

Why is that ? What do US State and Federal agencies *know* about Ritalin and Ritalin users ?

IF those State and Federal government agencies refuse to allow Ritalin users into sensitive areas involved in security and other matters, such as Homeland Security --- it can only be because those government agencies believe and/or *know* that Ritalin users are indiscreet, right ? Believe and/or *know * that Ritalin users cannot be trusted to perform in the manner required as regards confidential informationa and dealings

Did you know, prior to this, Jay, that US State and Federal agencies have these concerns, this knowledge, this certainty ?

How many others did not know ?

How many parents right now do not know that their child will be refused by the US Coast Guard, by the US Armed Forces and others, if they have taken one whiff of Ritalin for the past four years ?

Is anyone telling parents this ? Do those kids know ? Shame, isn't it, if they have their heart set on joining the Marines -- because they'll be refused

So what is in that stuff that governments know will affect their performance even four years after it was last used ?

Why are drug users trying to buy Ritalin ?

You see ?

How come you keep bringing up every Federal agency and military branch you can find, but you won't bring up the Food and DRUG Administration?

None of those organizations you mentioned are qualified to, nor do they make it their business to determine whether or not something is a disease. They are only qualified to determine whether or not they want someone with a particular affliction to join them.

I find it hypocritical that you use one part of the government to prove your point (with total failure), yet you ignore the one part of the government that actually determines these things.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

So Dock9 was lying about the military and whoever else wanting 4 years clear of Ritalin?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

"Clueless", eh? Because I disagree with your argument?

Yes, clueless. You seem to think you know what i am feeling, and what my condition is, you even jump on the bandwagon with all this "Genius" crap!
I am what i am, and its as simple as that.

Like I said, I've dedicated my life to medicine, medical studies and the medical profession.

and? does that give you the right to know whats going on in my head, and my condition?

It's not like I'm wholly uneducated on the subject

Good for you! Do you have ADD? no, you don't.

So, you got diagnosed.Good for you

Yes, being diagnosed was very good for me. My life is 10 times better!

So, you have issues concentrating.Good for you...I do too

Another ignorant post there! Its not just about concentrating, read up on ADD, you might learn something.

It motivates me to work harder.

Again, you don't have ADD!

You're fidgety Good for you...so am I

See, again, you think you know what someone with ADD has to go through, and, you don't have a clue. You have said concentration and fidetey. You think these are the only symptoms of ADD!?

Exercise some self control and perhaps the need to blame your issues on some imaginary learning disorder might diminish.

If you are in the medical field, then God help us all! I don't have issues as i used to have, actually, i have a happy life.

I said "might" because after reading some of your posts, it appears you need that crutch...which is fine

crunch? please explain.

I had no issue with you until you singled me out personally.

How did i single you out. I have had debates with other people on this thread. Believe me, you are not that special lol

So I disagree with you.If that's what, in your opinion, is what makes me "clueless"...well...then it really seems like you have more problems than a "learning disorder".

You are begining to make yourself look a bit foolish now. Yes, i think you are clueless on the subject, and if anyone reads your posts, they will see this. I have stated you are clueless because you seem to kno whats in my head, and how i am feeling, like you are some super powerful doctor!

When you got "diagnosed", did you get a second opinion?

Not a second opinion, not a third. All in all, i have seen four people. When i was diagnosed, that was only after seeing one person, but i saw four all together in 5 years.

Have you undergone CT scans and brain wave functionality tests?

No, i have not. But, even if i did, what will that prove to you because your mind is made up, as it clearly shows because you are so convinced its not real!

Do you have any real data, in a hard scientific form, that supports that this condition is anything other than fanciful drug company propaganda? Should you provide the results from scans, cognitive functioning tests (which I used to administer to my clients, so I'm quite familiar with how they work) and lab results, I'd be more than happy to review and research them and perhaps we can engage in civil, educated conversation.

Why the hell should i show you anything, why should i have too. Even if i did, what would be the point, you think its all rubbish. I am on this board to talk about my condition. If you think i am lying, or anything like that, then thats your problem, not mine. I have seen four people, over give years, and they have help me alot. I started taking ritalin, and i have never looked back, and i am happy because now i have control over my life.

Well...until then, I will continue to disagree with your "poor me I have add" attitude and I will continue to hold to my educated opinion that this "disorder" is just another pseudo-scientific fad created to sell drugs and give people yet another crutch and excuse to fail at life.

Poor me! I am a "poor me" because i have come on this thread to stick up for me, and other people who have ADD? Just like anyone would do! but you think thats wrong, because you disagree with it! You have just showed your arragonce and ignorance yet again!

Fail at life!? you are wrong yet again! Again, you seem to be some super human doctor who thinks he knows what evreryone is feeling, and what life they are leading.

Ok, here is my life!

I am a self employed webdesigner. I am also an artist. I am married to a beautiful girl. I have travelled and lived in China, and travelled asia ( want photos) Does that sound like a "failed life" to you?

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Jay-morris]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Also, for anyone who has been taken in by the lies of psychiatry (eg. the "chemical imbalances in the brain" lie) it's important to point out the incredibly dangerous nature of powerful psychiatric drugs:

"An analysis of 168,900 autopsies conducted in Florida in 2007 found that three times as many people were killed by legal drugs as by coc aine, heroin and all methamphetamines put together...

"In 2007, coc aine was responsible for 843 deaths, heroin for 121, methamphetamines for 25 and marijuana for zero, for a total of 989 deaths. In contrast, 2,328 people were killed by opioid painkillers, including Vicodin and Oxycontin, and 743 were killed by drugs containing benzodiazepine, including the depressants Valium and Xanax."

www.truth-out.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OurManInGlasgow

In other words: drug abuse of any kind is bad and can lead to serious consequences.

How exactly is this an indictment of medicine or psychiatry? People die every year due to using water "improperly" (drowning and water intoxication). Should we ban water, too, despite it's obvious benefits?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OurManInGlasgow

So, by that logic the entire medical field is a complete fraud seeing as how painkillers were included in that list as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman

So Dock9 was lying about the military and whoever else wanting 4 years clear of Ritalin?
She was according to the recruiter I myself called. Call the one in your phonebook and ask. They talk to you and will answer any questions you have.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

She was according to the recruiter I myself called. Call the one in your phonebook and ask. They talk to you and will answer any questions you have.

So, if this is true, and if thats the reason dock9 left this thread so quickly, then that just proves my point. Dock9 would rather leave this thread than amit he was wrong.

I could be wrong, and i hope dock9 does post on here again. We will just have to wait and see. If not, then it just proves my point that some people on this thread are just out to try and discredit ADD/ADHD.

There does seem to be some sort of Jealousy thing going on here with some people on this thread. I mean, they are the ones saying stuff like "we think we are special" " genius" and other crap!

Its total crap, and they don't understand this condition at all.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

To be fair - - and I'm not trying to defend either side.

Some recruiters will tell you anything to get you to sign up.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

and? does that give you the right to know whats going on in my head, and my condition?

Ooookay.
I got like...2 lines into your reply before I felt I needed to say something.
Other than the comment I made about your "poor me I have add" attitude was nothing more than an observation based on your posts. I never claimed to know what's going on "in your head" and honestly, I don't really care.
Other than that, not once did I profess to dictate how your feeling or whatever.
I was speaking from experience too.
So just go find someone else to play with.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

WOW Skyfloating, talk about shaking a bee's nest !!!!

From experience, I can only agree with you. In school, my oldest son had been "diagnosed" as "probably" having ADD. As parents, we went to see the school psychiatrist for further explanation. ( We weren't fond of putting him on Ritalin, as suggested. My neighbor had a kid on Ritalin and it was far from being funny. His dad used to tell me that his son was all nice and obedient in school but all hell broke loose when he got home, day after day. I didn't want that. )

I argued with this psychiatrist about "benefits" and "second effects". She gave me all this theory about how beneficial it was for my son, for us, and for the teachers. My son did have a problem with concentrating, he knew it, we knew it. But it seemed that the teachers didn't have the patience we had. And I still think to this day that this is where the problem was.

We refused to put him on Ritalin, we spent more time with him, working on his concentration and focus. He finally admitted that most subjects bored him to death so he'd let his mind wander here and there. So we started to put some sort of fun into them. And it worked. It took a while, a lot of time and effort but his attitude started to change, his marks got better and he got encouraged. He was on his way. He's in university today and does very well.

Maybe we were lucky. Maybe the fact that we spent a LOT of time helping him paid on the long run. I understand that it might not work for everyone but it did for us and we won against Ritalin and against this "theory" psychiatrist.

Alternatives exist.

S&F.

edited to explain "theory" psychiatrist. She was a woman who didn't have any children so I closed the argument stating that it was all a nice theory but she had no "on the field personal experience". Bit cruel, I'll admit. But true.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by SonoftheSun]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Everyone! for moment, chill out!

You pick on me, therefore I'll pick on you. This game is endless and if people are stubborn it's actually harmful to each and every one of you! Respect each others opinions! I respect all of your opinions but I feel the nasty energy behind some of these posts directed to harm others.

What's the point? isn't that what we are trying to stop and loath so much from our authoritarian bodies?

I see some interesting sides to this discussion and I want to bring it back to that.

Is ADD and ADHD real? Well, simply put - it is real for those who choose to make it real, and it is not real for those who chose for it to not be real! Very simple. We can convince each other for ever that OUR point is more real or based on more facts, or has more validity because we have had the experience.

I think the big point here is that our medical bodies say it's a problem and there fore all that listen to those authority people will believe it is real. It may be based on hard facts, like observing traits of human beings and then defining increases and decreases in certain areas, to PROVE that there are differences in ADD or ADHD people.

Then there are others who despise these authority bodies for other scams and harmful ploys that have been utilised over the years to harm the population, so they would say that this is just another way to make money, and harm humanity in the process.

Then there are the individuals who have been diagnosed with ADHD or ADD and been prescribed medication, found the medication to help with the symptoms categorised by the medical bodies.

There are some distinct behavioural patterns associated with what the medical bodies suggest is ADD and ADHD (just some background - I was on prescription drugs for ADHD; about 8 years) and that is fine they can create what ever they want to 'help' us, and in some instances it does help.

But I will say this, we have to learn from INSIDE us, that we need to help ourselves, the more external things we use to try and improve us as a person, I believe this misses the point. We need to develop these skills without medical or drug enhancements. This is a form of giving our power away, suggesting that we are not capable in ourselves to overcome these challenges. Think about that.

Unless we turn inwards, you will all still have the same problem of not understanding. Hell, I'm actually not being very understanding whilst I write this as I should have compassion for those of you who are arguing. But I'm trying to help you see, that you don't need to agree with each other, you don't need to say sly things with nasty overtones.

-

I definitely noticed an improvement when I took the prescription medication, but if I hadn't would I be more insightful, maybe more humble because I learnt to cope with this by myself? I think so. It has taught me a valuable lesson that the more things we have handed on a plate, the less we understand ourselves. The less we are willing to accept what we are, and what we are not.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Can you bleed your heart out anymore? You come on here bragging about your accomplishments, ie., worked at 15, big deal i lied about my age and was working at 13! You served in the military, so did I! But you dont see me trying to brag, much less, by your own admission you claim you had a rough childhood. What does that have to do with anything?
Sounds like to me, you choose to use this site to preach your liberal, poor me propaganda. Had you briefly responded with a coherent response, those of us readers may have had respect for you. But thats not what we got, why dont you take a long at yourself in the mirror and then choke yourself thus saving us from responses like yours that have been known to cause cancer in rats!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Just an observation...

If ADD and ADHD aren't real then why did it take me three days worth of opening and closing this thread, over and over again, before I finally made it to the end?

I don't know, maybe your an idiot? Your comment suggests absolutely nothing that you suffer from the above or any condition~

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join