It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD doesnt exist

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
So, what is your deal with taking such an absolute stance on this issue

I wholeheartedly believe that the kids that I have seen diagnosed as ADHD are not in any way, shape or form ill. They are just being kids.

Such experiences and observations lead me to ask whether something is amiss.

No doubt there are others I havent seen that ARE having serious difficulty. I cannot make an educated guess on what their problem is, but I am in no way saying they should not be treated.

I am questioning the existence of ADHD. Thanks to this thread I found out that real professionals, real-life mothers and fathers share my Skepticism.

What a relief! Im not crazy thinking "Hey, that kid is entirely normal!" and "Since they started drugging him he has lost all of his zest".

It seems like you're attention-seeking and are getting a kick out of making people upset. You've mentioned messing with people before just because you think their beliefs are dumb. That already shows a lack of compassion and a feeling of superiority. Major signs of NPD, but then you also claim to be "spiritual" and are all about love and light. I think it goes further than mere NPD, but I'll leave that for others to figure out.

I have noticed your other posts which refer to me as a sociopath, a jerk, etc.

Attempts at demeaning and insulting me reveal more about YOU than about me.

Look how offhumandescent presented her rebuttal of the OP - now THAT is someone worth taking seriously.

I stand by my view that ADHD does not exist as a mental disorder. That is my opinion grown from real-life-experience.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

You really should look around before you write . I done a quick search and came up with this.

LINK

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Jay-morris]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

You'll understand why I choose not to click on links

but maybe you could post a little from the link ?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Ha...

There's the problem. You see, the kids don't know any different until their PARENTS are the one's claiming that their kids are too hyperactive.

Its not like the kids are lining up at the psychiatrist saying, "You know, I'm a bit too hyperactive. I need something to level me out. What do you have for me?"

Its the ridiculously lame and lazy parents that make it a possibility in the first place. You've been given medication for so long that you actually believe that you have a condition. EESH.

You're making it sound like its the kids that are complaining about their own hyperactivity and that is downright hilarious.

"Imagine what the world must have been like for a schizophrenic." COME ON!!! Schizophrenia and ADHD aren't even in the same ball park. One of them is hyper and the other one is paranoid and poses a danger to themselves.

This is the problem with people who think this way. APPLES AND ORANGES MAN. APPLES AND ORANGES.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Sorry, i don't understand. Lets just say that adhd in china is known. Open the link if you want too.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Thank you my friend.

Much appreciation!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42

Ha...

There's the problem. You see, the kids don't know any different until their PARENTS are the one's claiming that their kids are too hyperactive.

Its not like the kids are lining up at the psychiatrist saying, "You know, I'm a bit too hyperactive. I need something to level me out. What do you have for me?"

Its the ridiculously lame and lazy parents that make it a possibility in the first place. You've been given medication for so long that you actually believe that you have a condition. EESH.

You're making it sound like its the kids that are complaining about their own hyperactivity and that is downright hilarious.

"Imagine what the world must have been like for a schizophrenic." COME ON!!! Schizophrenia and ADHD aren't even in the same ball park. One of them is hyper and the other one is paranoid and poses a danger to themselves.

This is the problem with people who think this way. APPLES AND ORANGES MAN. APPLES AND ORANGES.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by PsychoX42]

Like i said before. I had no meds when i was a kid. When i was a child, adhd was not even that well known in the UK. The problem is, because children are being diagnosed wrong, and parents are drugging up their children, that means you think that its all BS, to the point where you think you know every persons problem, and how they are feeling, like you are some super doctor or something.

And please explain how i went from not fuctioning, to doing what i ended up doing after taking meds. Let me guess, you will say its the "placebo effect" which is total BS. But i dont think you care about what i have to say, or other people with ADD, as your mind is already made up.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Originally posted by Dock9
I'm wondering if children in China, South America, the Sub Continent are suffering ADHD ?

Guess I won't need to wonder for long. What huge new markets for Big Pharma in the quest for ADHD sufferers in all those newly-created middle-classes in the above nations !

But ten years ago, for instance ? Do there exist reputable studies from Russia or China or India to show that children in those nations suffered ADHD ?

If not, why not ?

The diagnosis and prevalence of hyperactivity in Chinese schoolboys

bjp.rcpsych.org...

Cuban Mothers' Schemas of ADHD: Development, Characteristics, and Help Seeking Behavior

www.springerlink.com...

Two decades of research on learning disabilities in India

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...:4%3C268::AID-DYS177%3E3.0.CO;2-A/abstract

Competence of Children Adopted from the Former Soviet Union

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Looks like someone didn't do their homework.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Yes, I know exactly why you don't want to admit you lied.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The sad thing is, because people have not heard about adhd in China, they instantly think its only a western thing. Now, i would like to see if they put there hands up and say "ok, i was wrong" but i doubt it very much, like they will never admit that ADHD/ADD is real.

ADHD/ADD is a world wide condition. A quick search will tell you that!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Removed ... uncalled by me, need some chronic to calm me down...

its just so hard to argue with people that are just as you..almost guessing what is the best "treatment"... or what it is.

Peace

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Vicodin]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Your heading says ADHD does not exist.

Then you say it is being labeled as a mental illness.

Who exactly is labeling it a mental illness?

. . . and then you end with this: Its not active, energetic and playful kids that need curing, its the deadbeats who think it is an illness to be alive.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin
Removed ... uncalled by me, need some chronic to calm me down...

its just so hard to argue with people that are just as you..almost guessing what is the best "treatment"... or what it is.

Peace

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Vicodin]

Can you read? If so, then look at the link i provided.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Please post some info from the link you are so hyped about.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman
Where did you get your Doctorate in Physiology, Biology, Medicine, Psychiatry, or Psychology?

I have none. Ive watched kids play.

How about sharing your qualifications in pediatric medicine. Surely you have that?

Do you have ANY personal qualifications or certifications that backup your claim?

Or, are you another armchair doctor who thought about it for a short time and figured your short time of pondering somehow equaled 7+ years of school?

I am in my 30s now so I have watched kids play for decades. I like watching kids play. I also like to participate. I was once a kid myself. I liked to play.

What I like is all the energy. The hyperactivity. Its amusing and heart-warming at the same time.

I remember the time I had that much energy. And how the grown-ups were annoyed by it.

Annoyed because they wanted their peace and quiet.

Or annoyed because they no longer had the energy...? Was it brainwashed out of them?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman

Don't you find it curious

that before ADHD was 'invented', along with its chemical 'cure

there weren't all these people claiming they or their children 'have ADHD' ?

Ritalin was invented in the mid-40's.
ADD was recognized as such in the late-60's.
So your claim that ADD was invented along with a cure is wrong.

Are you actually arguing that people weren't talking about ADHD, before the term was created?
Of course they weren't, because the term hadn't been "invented" yet. As you put it.

You wanna know what I find curious?
Why you think you are qualified to debunk ADD.

You yourself just displayed a tremendous amount of ignorance concerning the invention of Ritalin and the identification of ADD.

Did you think you were right?
Or did you think you could lie and get away with it?

That's what I find curious.

I'll ignore your non too subtle personal attacks

because I know that when their syndrom/condition/disease is being debunked or taken away from them

many people who rely on that syndrome/condition/disease --- who are propped up by it -- who define themselves via it

can lose all reason

They feel threatened to their very core

They regard the loss of their syndrome/condition/disease as a physical attack

so they attack back -- crazily -- irrationally

For them, it's literally a fight to the death

For if something threatens to strip away their syndrome/condition/disease

... it means they have to face the world and themselves without their excuse

... it means they're seen to be just like anyone else

... it takes away the 'specialness' mantle that obviously means so much to them

and so on

One, please point to the personal attack in the post you were responding to. I saw information to counter ignorance, not a personal attack.

Second, please show some examples of the posters to whom you refer as being propped up with their diagnosis, and thus to whom you refer as "crazy and irrational".

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
no - you said ADHD doesn't exist

and - where are you getting this 80% figure?

off the top of your head?

From what I have seen, and I have seen around 20 children labelled "ADHD" throughout my life, 100% of them were fine in my eyes.

But based on the reporting in this thread Im willing to entertain the idea that there is a real issue surrounding hyperactivity in some cases.

It just so happens I taught two "ADHDs". I got along with them just fine. I wont go into Detail on that here because its been decided that I have "obviously never dealt with children suffering ADHD".

link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

ADHD drugs are stimulants, which DEcrease appetite, so how did you connect the dot from adhd overdiagnosis to over DRUGGING to childhood obesity?

Thanks.

link   
I still want to know who exactly is referring to ADHD as a Mental Illness.

Mental Disorder is not an Illness.

There is a big difference between Illness and Disorder.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
ADHD drugs are stimulants, which DEcrease appetite, so how did you connect the dot from adhd overdiagnosis to over DRUGGING to childhood obesity?

Thanks.

I did not know this at all. I had always thought they were the opposite.

Thanks for teaching me things here. Actually, I am learning a lot in this thread and I am just reading this for the general knowledge as I am quite ignorant of this whole ADHD and what it is like for those who have to handle it on a day to day basis.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join