It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD doesnt exist

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Good reply. Wish I could give you more than 1 star.

I can talk about my experiences knowing and loving someone with ADHD, but you can educate everyone out there as to the real workings of this.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wickedwenchlet
I agree ADHD doesn't exhist. I believe it is the lack of attention the parents give to their children. Kids are being medicated because the parents are lazy and uneducated.

And what of the parents of children who are diagnosed with ADHD and REFUSE to medicate???

As I said in a previous post, my child has been 'diagnosed' via teachers and day care workers as having ADHD since he was THREE. Every teacher he's had since Day Care (that's 2 years of Day care, kindy at two schools and now grade one) has suggested ADHD. I have constantly refused to go along with them. I know my child and I am positive he doesn't have ADHD.

I am getting him tested in the hope he comes back as NOT having ADHD so I can go to his school and tell them that he has been assessed and has come back "normal".

I would never deny that he has trouble concentrating, but he is only 6 and he is highly imaginative and comes from two imaginative and reasonably intelligent parents. He also lacks a bit of focus, but again, he is only 6. Give him something that is actually interested in (computer games, ninja's, star wars, karate) and he'll concentrate and focus till the sky turns green.

I will never medicate him, not ever. Not even if he IS diagnosed with ADD, ADHD or ODD or whatever other combination of letters they want to throw at him. We will manage his behaviour with diet and exercise. Which is already proving to work with the removal of additives, colours and preservatives from his diet.

Your comment which places "blame" on lazy stupid parents is unfair, offensive and far too wide a generalisation.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Just another way for "doctors" to require more medication (mind control) for otherwise healthy kids... I agree you are right. In most cases... these are just bright kids with lots of energy

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by piddles

Originally posted by wickedwenchlet
I agree ADHD doesn't exhist. I believe it is the lack of attention the parents give to their children. Kids are being medicated because the parents are lazy and uneducated.

funny, I think people who can't spell and make sweeping general statements that could be easily disproved are lazy and uneducated. huh imagine that

You sound like a pompous know it all.

So someone doesn't spell perfectly, as long as the message comes through.

Your mean and a bully.

Instead of shutting someone down, why don't you try to add to the actual thread.

By the way, contact me u3u, I have studied this subject and have over 1,300 articles on ADHD. Yes, it is one of my lifes passions as I am a survivor of having a child with ADHD.

I am well informed and was a excellent parent.

This. in my humble opinon, did not just happened, here is a major conspiracy afoot upon the human race, and not by human design.

Research, by that I mean, put in the 1,300 hours I have on this one issue.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Back when I sold Herbalife products we treated ADHD with gaurana tea. This stuff speeds natural people up but, gives them energy, but given to ADHD people it caused them to slow down and focus. It was the best natural alternative to Ritilin I have ever seen.

Likewise, when given proper amounts of nutrition, vitamins, minerals, trace elements enzymes and amino acids, many symptoms of disease cleared up and disappeared.

You can actually CURE diabetes, crones disease and many more with proper nutrition. Proof that these " Diseases" as doctors label them do Not exists. Most "diseases" in fact can be cured this way.

Doctors take a group of symptoms and call it a "disease" so they can legally treat it with "medicine" FDA regulated pharmaceuticals. By Law, only a DRUG can "Cure" "Disease."

They even made it illegal for you to claim nutrition and living foods can cure - But that's natures way- give the body the nutrition it wants and it will heal itself.

Medicine a huge scam. Full of LIES and Most doctors don't study nutrition and what makes a body healthy enough to realize this. Nutrition is the REAL Medicine.

All medicines actually harm you over time, unlike natural foods (unless your allergic to something) They build up toxicity in the body which causes the body to break down. This has been proven and they KNOW it's true, but most will not admit it because they can be sued for breaking their hypocritical oath - to at least cause no harm.

BIG Scam

[edit on 22-8-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

My, my, this may well be the finest post I've read anywhere in a while.
Anyone who does not understand ADHD should study it carefully, because you covered all the bases. Even the violent kicking during gestation, which is not always present, but often is.

There is no question that in true ADHD there is some "organicity" involved, as there also exists in Autism and some other things I won't mention. (Of course I'm thinking many disorders listed in DSM have a biological base, including depression and schizophrenia, but nonetheless to identify and find solutions, one must have some criteria to refer to, which at least puts you in a particular "ballpark".)

I wish sometimes ADHD was not listed as a "mental illness", because really it isn't. It is a condition, as surely as a kidney infection is a condition. We have some very damaging "labels" to place on children, which do tend to create stigma's, but I don't think ADHD is one of those anymore. It's more like "ADHD? Wow, he's going to be a handful", kind of thing.

But it can be corrected or at least somewhat controlled with psychoactive medications.

And college students are taking adderall for fun. Grrr. It's always something.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
as a mother of a child with the so called ADHD

i totally agree with you,

S N F FOR YOU .

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Apocolypstick

Bless you on your concern for your child and your stand against doping him up at the advise of strangers. If only we had more involved parents willing to educate themselves.

True child abuse is doping up children to make them "compliant" and stealing away their childhood. Let kids be kids, not little compliant, mind-dead zombies.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Public schools seem designed for girls to do well, IMO.

Take writing, for example. They teach cursive when a little girl has reached a stage of solid fine motor skill development - right at the age where little boys lack those skills, but are wired to be doing GROSS motor activity.

Then there's the problem with teachers just being so aghast at anything remotely violent. Little boys draw guns. They play sword fighting games with sticks. They beat the ground with sticks if nothing else.

We need more good male teachers to stand up for boys in the classroom.

They went down that ADHD road with my son. I took him out to homeschool him, and it was a good thing I did, because he had what is called nonlateralism - he never developed a hand preference. He needed a lot of OT - both at the hospital and at home.

He wasn't ADHD! He just couldn't use his hands well! Of course today he plays a mean game of tennis. Left, Right, doesn't matter. lol

The schools totally missed that, looking for a behavioral cause to his frustration and inability to do his assignments. I was homeschooling him, and I was noticing, this child cannot even use a pair of scissors when he wants to. He couldn't tie his shoes, but he could tell me how to do it. It wasn't right, something was off. He was a good child though - he did try and he DID concentrate. I took him to the doctor and told the doctor, we had him tested. He had no hand dominate at all, and both were not working well.

The school had been testing him and testing him - IQ, verbal and expressive ability - he kept coming out VERY high. So they decided he had to be adhd.

Fine motor skill deficits aren't that common in bright kids, but that's what my child was dealing with. He had to spend a lot of time in swings on his belly, throwing beanie babies and picking things up while laying on his belly swinging. We built him a swing at home.

Schools aren't going to look that deeply - I'm so glad I took matters into my own hands.

Even the OT though - she was like, when I complained he still could not use scissors well - she said "Well how often in life do people have to use scissors anyway" as if to ignore that problem. I was like, "NO, he has to be able to do this!"

Today he's a teenager that loves to sew and is interested in costume and fashion design. He is ALWAYS having to cut a pattern.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I'm also very disappointed in the "research" that did or did not go into this thread.

You dont need any research to see that many of the kids labeled as "ADHD" are entirely fine...they're just not interested in sitting in a chair and shutting up for 7 hours straight.

So what is your solution to this issue as you see it? Lots of kids get bored in the classroom and don't like sitting in a chair for 7 hours, but I have to tell you, it's not a straight 7 hours. I am a teacher. Most kids are quite manageable when they are bored. Kids with ADHD are a challenge,

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

ADD and ADHD have virtually no reputable tests whatsoever to determine its existence. It only exists out of convenience for adults who don't want to do their jobs as parents, teachers, or authoritarians and apply the proper discipline so that their kids can learn to control their own minds.

Since you're so hellbent on proving the existence of ADHD, please show me the proper procedures for testing and diagnosis.

Oops. That's right. The only way that they can determine it is by creating a list of "symptoms" because, "THERE ARE NO OFFICIAL LABORATORY TESTS WHICH ADEQUATELY SAYS, YOUR CHILD HAS ADHD."

I could make up a list of symptoms right now that you probably have, create an illness in which these symptoms match, and then have you on drugs for the rest of your life because of MY OPINIONS of YOUR SYMPTOMS.

In fact, I'll create one right now.

1. subject is argumentative
2. subject always believes that they are correct
3. subject has a problem with moderation
4. subject shows unruly tendencies
5. subject cannot spell and doesn't know the difference between the words to and too even though they are in adulthood.
6. subject appears to be delusional and sees sickness and disorders everywhere (hypochondria)

Well now. We can throw the word "delusional" in there with the idea that you always think that you're correct. Add on the fact that you have a problem with moderation and authority...and what do we have?

1. paranoia
2. delusions
3. hatred of authority
4. hypochondria

Well, here's my diagnosis just from your posts.

You have acute symptoms of bi-polar disorder with elements of schizophrenia. This can be cured, or controlled with a bit of thorazine, Zoloft, and Prozac.

See how easy it is in the psychiatric industry? I could come up with disorder after disorder if I choose to.

Here's the real fact. Parents have become lazy and don't want to perform the responsibility that it takes to raise a child. Children have energy and they don't want to be confined to a classroom for hours when they would much rather be outside playing. Since most of today's children are offshoots of the pathetically lazy Baby Boomer Generation who smoked so much dope that their brains have slowed, their inability to keep up with anything has made them apathetic to their own duties as parents.

Quit punishing the kids for the weakness and the lack of responsibility that adults should be taking. Its getting out of hand. So, I TOTALLY agree with the moderator here, and think that maybe you should study up on the "disease" that has so many children on psychotropic drugs.

I have yet to see you post one FACT for your outlandish opinions. The only place that ADHD exists is in the confines of YOUR OWN MIND.

Here's some information that you obviously would not look up for yourself:web4health.info...
web4health.info...
www.helpguide.org...

What do all of these links, and any other link concerning ADD and ADHD have in common?

They all say that there are no LAB TESTS TO DETERMINE ADHD. In other words, it is a TOTALLY FABRICATED ILLNESS of which there are no tests, because the illness in of itself...DOES NOT EXIST.

So, what ends up happening is this. We allow some quack to look at our children, tell us what we want to hear because we are failures as adults and don't want to do our jobs, and then allow them to DRUG OUR CHILDREN up with some of the most powerful psychotropic drugs in the history of man so that we no longer have to do the necessary work that it takes to keep up with our children. Pathetic.

If it weren't for the stoic nature of my parents, they would have been convinced by some retarded child psychiatrist to have done the same thing to me. I was diagnosed with ADD at 5 years old. I am now 37. I was a straight A student that had tons of energy...in fact, I still do. But, this wasn't enough for the psychiatrist. He wanted the kickbacks for prescribing useless and dangerous medications that would have permanently altered my mind.

People like you worry me because you will agree with anything that you see in print, by people of "upstanding reputations," as long is it conforms with your predispositions. God help us all.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Everything you said is so spot on. In Australia the class rooms are huge. 35 children each - one teacher, and sometimes (if the teacher is lucky) a teachers aid. And you can see those teachers are tired, overworked, underpaid. I feel sorry for the teachers, I can understand why they want all of their students quiet and docile and subdued. It would be EASIER reciting the alphabet or teaching times tables to a silent class room where kids just nodded and stared at the black board and did their work without question.

But what kind of people will they be if that is their introduction to life, work, society and hierarchy?

ADHD is definitely real, however it is ALSO highly over diagnosed. Of course there are extreme cases, like yours, where it is clearly obvious there is an issue with the child but in too many cases now children are being diagnosed as ADHD simply because they are lively, spirited and hard to 'pin down'. They don't stare at the board like mindless drones. They want to run and play and laugh. It's those children who are being medicated for something they just don't have.

It's such a sensitive topic, I am in awe of your ability to cope as well as you seem to have done.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I know this struggle all to well. Long Story.........-_-

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Good reply. Wish I could give you more than 1 star.

I can talk about my experiences knowing and loving someone with ADHD, but you can educate everyone out there as to the real workings of this.

Thank you for sharing.

Your welcome, star for you as well for sharing the vantage point of a parent with a ADHD child. You brought the parental prespective and I brought the suffers prespective. Let them try and shut down that.

I feel when it comes to school and parents that the parents and kids have no say over anything pertaining to thier kid's educationary experience. Like we have no rights or something. I feel my mom was forced to medicate me beyond her will, like if she didn't she'd be arrested. I went to live with my dad as they got divo'd in 1983 and my dad took me to live with him after an incident that I'd rather not discuss and felt that he had no say either. I did take alot of readings from back then and ran them against with my knowledge today and it produced these results.

Your kid is able to maintain somewhat of a normal life and is a better person as a result. Your proactive nature made sure that was possible and continues to remain possible. I wish there were more parents like you who will not lay down for anyone.

To those who think it's fake please listen to a case like me and learn. Have an open mind and great truth will be revealed.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Excellent topic whether people want to open their eyes or not, I also believe ADHD and ADD are a farce. Follow the money like every other crooked mega corporation and its over paid lackeys... Do some digging (No links provided from me
) and not unlike the OP I came to the same conclusion...

BIG S&F OP!

reply to post by PsychoX42

Indeed! Star for you!

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Solar.Absolution]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by InterestedUK

Agreed. I said something similar, but I like the way that you said it better.

Star from me...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

As a practicing Therapist for 15 years, specializing in working with adolescent clients, I am shocked that this type of thread is still debated. Similar debates took place over depression, in the past, with many not understanding the actual neuro physiology involved in the disorder. Unfortunately, ADHD is real, albeit, overdiagnosed. In the past, there have been many disorders and conditions that were regarded as not legitimate, such as depression, fibromyalgia, MS, and others, until medical technology advanced to a point where we could actually see the physical evidence to support the diagnosis.

This thread is actually quite irresponsible. To question overdiagnosis is great. But to state something is not real, when a simple google search will reveal the overwhelming clinical data that shows it is real, is not helpful.
For more information, look up the work of Dr. Amen if you would like to learn more. He is one of the top experts on the subject.

I do like the artificial sweetener and preservative hypothesis as an explanation of many cases of "ADHD" however, and believe it needs much more study.

Remember, an opinion that is not based on empiracle evidence when discussing psychogology or physiology, is simply an opinion with little merit. In the middle ages, medical opinion believed that bloodletting and trephoning were effective treatments.

Respectfully submitted,

Rod in Oregon

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I agree with you as well. I'm glad that others aren't falling into this disgusting trap of overmedicating our children. In fact, they shouldn't be mediated at all unless they have a very provable and testable condition.

Namaste and Love

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's a sad world we live in. Where it's cheaper and less time consuming to make and distribute drugs than it is to fix the way we raise our young and reform our school system.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is a really interesting topic, i see the same thing happening with dyslexia, people seem to be way too eager to brand themselves with some label when they're just not top spellers, but, having left school recently, i think the real epidemic is this complete disinterest in EVERYTHING that my generation seems to have, i went to skye with my class for a week a few years ago and i pulled out a book on the bus and the guy next to me went "YOU READ!?" as if it wasn't completely normal, they simply accept what is given to them, without really deciding for themseves what they think, but i digress.

I personally dont think the issue is whether or not these illnesses exist (i'm sure there is some difference in how the brain works when you alegedly have ADHD), so much as that people seem to have lost sight in just how variable every aspect of a human being is, we naturally aren't uniform in any way, but its being forced on us, or rather, our children, and this idea that if you dont meet the par of what is considered "Normal" theat would have been created by someone who had their own, variable idea of what normal is, that could be completely different from the next guy, and i think its just.. just, wrong that if you dont meet it, you're "mentally ill"

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join