It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why a HOAX Forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Is there really any good reason to discuss something that is already proven a hoax? Does it not seem like wasting time to anybody? If a hoax thread is found, it should just be deleted. No need for a HOAX forum.
Just my opinion.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The HOAX forum:

Dedicated forum for ATS threads that have been proven to be hoaxes, frauds, or part of deceptive schemes on a variety of topics. Topics in this forum will range from those that have proven to be an actual hoax to those where a significant majority of ATS members believe the subject matter to be based on fraudulent material.

Its a great form of reference, as many hoaxes get posted over and over again

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Why shouldn't hoaxes be discussed?
And why should they be deleted all together?
Btw, there have been several instances where threads have been moved to the hoax forum, only to be moved back to their original forum because of discourse and further consideration from staff.
Inquiry is a process.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
The HOAX forum:

Dedicated forum for ATS threads that have been proven to be hoaxes, frauds, or part of deceptive schemes on a variety of topics. Topics in this forum will range from those that have proven to be an actual hoax to those where a significant majority of ATS members believe the subject matter to be based on fraudulent material.

Its a great form of reference, as many hoaxes get posted over and over again

indeed.
and instead of explaining why something might be a hoax, you just refer them to an existing thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Sphinx551…..

For interest’s sake, you might like to look at the discussion in which we are currently engaged in this thread:

Assigning of Hoaxes in the "Aliens & UFOs Forum" to the "Hoax Forum".

In my opinion, our discussion is traversing many points that are directly relevant to your question.

I note Springer's extensive, interesting commentary therein.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If hoaxes were just deleted, then the next time a member finds something out there (even a known hoax), but they are seeing it for the first time...it will simply show up again and again in threads. This way, at least there is a way to see topics others have been able to dismiss.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I've got another idea.

As the burden of proof falls on the person making the claim, shouldn't every thread claiming this, that, or t'other, start off in the [HOAX] forum, and get moved to another forum only when the claim is verified ?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Maybe later the HOAX is proven to be true and a lot of information could get lost. Just my opinion. Maybe it`s nonsense.

top topics

join