It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What it means to be an American

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This happens to be the America I know.

A Free America, an understanding America. This is who we really are.
We're not a bunch of racists or statists, and we must reject anything
trying to turn us into a nation that is.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ok, I'll bite.
You think the millions of foreign invaders flowing across the southern border are "Americans"?
You think they would spill their blood to defend freedom and liberty?
You think Pelosi and the rest of the Liberals are fighting for the citizens of this country?

And most importantly, do you think your puny rifle is any match for an Apache chopper?

Like the movie said: Don't be a sucker.

Reality is harsh and unforgiving to bad decisions. You better figure all of this out and make your plan.
edit on 23-10-2010 by ATS4dummies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
But don't just take my word for it... Always demand facts and data to back up one's "alleged" claims. Deny ignorance, Right?
Here you go you "suckered Americans": www.washingtonpost.com...

Full Story Linked here Oct 30th 2010:

By Shankar Vedantam
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, October 30, 2010; 2:47 AM

Native-born Americans lost more than a million jobs while foreign-born workers gained hundreds of thousands of jobs as the country emerged from a painful recession, according to a new analysis of economic trends.

This Story Report: Foreign-born workers gained jobs while native-born lost them
In April, May and June this year, compared with the same period last year, foreign-born workers gained 656,000 jobs, while native-born workers lost 1.2 million jobs, according to a report issued Friday by the Pew Hispanic Center.

edit on 30-10-2010 by ATS4dummies because: Fixed the hyperlink

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
And if the point isn't proven yet, here's another log for the fire:

Study: Illegal Imigrants Returning to Work Faster
Source: Pew Hispanic Center
Link: www.washingtonpost.com...

By SUZANNE GAMBOA
The Associated Press
Friday, October 29, 2010; 6:40 PM

WASHINGTON -- Immigrants are returning to work quicker than their U.S.-born counterparts, but are earning significantly less than before the economic downturn, a Pew Hispanic Center study reported Friday.

So not *only* are they stealing the few precious jobs during an economic collapse, they are also willing to drive wages down even further than before to steal the few jobs that should be going to our own american citizens first. Nice.

Hey Americans, you feel like "Suckas" yet?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

Funny, I would think that this has more to do with the people hiring them than the workers taking the jobs. There are obviously two factors involved with hiring workers... the amount you are willing to pay and the quality of the worker you want.

You can pay less dollars for the workers and go for cheep labor, but the quality of work will be less.. or you can pay more for a citizen who lives in and cares about the comunity and has an investment in the community.

But the business owners who will hire people at sub-par wages care about making money, not supporting their community. Those are the people to blame for "driving down wages".

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

You completely dodged the mention of illegal border crossing.
You completely dodged the mention of false working papers they forge which employers *do* use to obey the law.

Nope, not a word about that. Nor it's effect upon the citizens of this country. Nor the fraud of using anchor babies to abuse to social and medical services.

Sure business wants to keep expenses down. If they have what appears to be legal paper work, and your customers have dried up, you will seek cheap (Legal?) labor too.

Why so silent on these issues? Cat got your tongue? Your lips are sealed for the protection of whom?
edit on 30-10-2010 by ATS4dummies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

No I did not dodge that. If they are breaking the law, they are breaking the law. Employeers who are duped into hiring people like that are not really liable (except when they nowingly or by inaction hire them and fail to check the validity of their credentials).

But then, the solution to the wave of illegal aliens is not hatred. The solution is better economic and foreign policy. If a majority of our illegals are coming through by way of Mexico, then why do we have 1000s of troops in the Middle East? Why can't we bring those troops back and focus our foreign policy on the true danger to our sovereignty?

As for "anchor babies" and "social services" those should only be available to tax payers and legal workers. The fault of that system being abused is the schmucks in the various levels of government. It certainly isn't any single party since both sides of this attrocious system have been in power many times over the years and nothing has been fixed.

edit on 10-31-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
...the solution to the wave of illegal aliens is not hatred.... Why can't we bring those troops back and focus our foreign policy on the true danger to our sovereignty? ... It certainly isn't any single party since both sides of this attrocious system have been in power many times over the years and nothing has been fixed.

edit on 10-31-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

First off, you'll notice I never said anything about "Hate". Why is it when someone brings up facts which contradict the Liberal propaganda, it's always labeled as the "h" word? Those are facts, and nothing but the facts. Leave petty juvenile emotions out of it please.

OK, here's my theory why the alleged "Leadership" is not doing anything to control the illegal influx:
Anchor babies and illegal crossing = *** Future Tax Revenues *** or $$$$$$$$$$$$

The nation is bankrupt, and in 20 years it will have the income stream to pay the debt when all those bambinos grow up and start earning paychecks. Inexorably, I think the leadership is as smart as a fox. Hispanics breed at 5 times the rate of educated whites. So if you want to pay off the debt of those 30 year treasury bonds 5 times faster, welcome the Hispanic breeders with open arms.

Pretty clever if you ask me...
edit on 1-11-2010 by ATS4dummies because: typo

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Excellent post my friend!!!

S & F for you..

That was a great video, thank you for the opportunity to see it again..

I saw it years ago, but had forgotten about it..

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

perfect presentation and you know what happened at the very end?
that mason was arrested for littering.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It's amazing how this documentary from 1947 shows more of todays America then ever before. It really has one question if this is where we are headed all over again.

S&F for you. This deserves a bump
edit on 20-2-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If it were only so simple as staying united. We have been sold out by our politicians. The World Trade Organization and outsourcing of our jobs. Our President doesn't talk about American pride, he goes overseas and tells other countries we are arrogant. The one thing we did have to hang our hat on was American pride. We should be championing innovation and manufacturing in AMERICA! Why does the top 1% get a tax cut and the bottom don't pay any taxes? We need a flat rate tax across the board for all! How do we compete with the Chinese, they use prison labor, they don't have any of the safety precautions we take for granted. How is it , we are allowing our corporations to move our jobs overseas and get record profits and we foot the tax bill? We have been sold out by our politicians!!! They are only worried about one thing and that's another vote. The reality of the budget crisis is getting ready to come falling down around us all and it may be too late for us to do anything about it...i hope it's not, but it may be...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Speaking as a real american you have to work hard in life to get anything out of it. That is what I got out of the video. So many people are unemployed today because they dont have the skills to compete in the job market not because businesses are not hiring. Everyday I look in the papers and see places hiring. Its all liberal democrat propaganda trying to destroy america by espousing lies and spreading communism that the poor deserve the wealth that the rich earned. Lets hope more americans see this video and realize that these Union groups are nothing more then communist subversive elements led by democrats who fled the state for fear of being found out about their true ties to the red army. I am not surprised they ran that is what all criminals do and im not surprised its a bunch of democrats who seem to exist only to tear our great country down. I pray for the people of Wisconsin each night since I am a true american that the voice of the people be heard and these communist elements called unions are shut down once and for all. The nation spoke and elected that governor to wipe out the unions and I hope freedom isnt dead in america because real patriots will rise up to defend the honor of the constitution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join