It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we be in a dream?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

So I had this crazy thought the other day that what if it is a dream and the only reason we haven't woken up from the dream is because we haven't died yet? After we wake up we just think wow, what a crazy dream that was...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos

So I had this crazy thought the other day that what if it is a dream and the only reason we haven't woken up from the dream is because we haven't died yet? After we wake up we just think wow, what a crazy dream that was...

Makes a lot of sense to be honest.
Though, what are "regular" dreams? Glimpses into other "realities"?

edit on 13-9-2010 by sphinx551 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think the only possible logical and most truthful answer is: This is only an" idea". An idea that comes from letting your imagination run. No reason to confuse it with reality. So don't blur the line.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I think the only possible logical and most truthful answer is: This is only an" idea". An idea that comes from letting your imagination run. No reason to confuse it with reality. So don't blur the line.

True it's only an "Idea", but ideas are important to how we learn new things about our "reality"

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” Albert Einstein

“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.” Albert Einstein

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” Albert Einstein

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert Einstein

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." Albert Einstein

As you can see I like his quotes haha.

edit on 13-9-2010 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos

An obvious question that this raises is what would be the nature of that other life that required a random event on this end to "wake you up." Do you get in a fatal car accident because you woke up, or do you slumber on "over there" until you have a car accident (or other fatal event.)

On the other hand, regardless of what that other existence is like, I agree that this life will likely seem rather foreign once we pass over.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This very long post here by ET_MAN, is a very realistic picture of what the universe is like, and a living holographic digital computerized school akin to being inserted inside a television, seeing it all in 3d in our brains, seems to be what its like.

This is very much akin to the downloads I received from Higher Self, when contemplating infinity in the video.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

why dont you kill yourself and tell me about it when you wake up from this dream. are we talking about the same dream subject here? a dream is in the mind right? like when you go to sleep you dream. and when you wake up its not a dream anymore and that the people around you actually have history like this world has its own. i believe in afterlife but i think not the way you do. are you saying like the movie matrix?? if you are then i dont need to analyze.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

im saying that the world of afterlife can be reached while still living. in spiritual alchemy (which is an ANCIENT study), this is referred to as immortality. the body does not live forever but you see death and still live. this is when you reconnect with "god" or the web of life around us. death is not to be feared, it's just a way to wake up.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

afterlife? like a different dimension for us to see both sides, so you believe in god? almighty creator? religions nowadays most if not all dont let you develop a personal relationship with God...which is what he (or it) actually wants instead of being part of a BIG group like roman Catholic(aka biggest bulls*** lie religion). then its good. otherwise i dont think were on the same page here with our perception of the word dream. what is there left for us to ponder on when all you see is what you get, besides lies or phenomenon.

*when i ask who do you think build the pyramid, they come up with some quick BS theory from their imagination*

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
so what im sure we are but whats dreamin?
after totll recall,im pretty sure
but to me its life
so actuaally i dont think so
i believe in the highest

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Hello sphinx551-

We either move to a higher existence (in that case you would remember everything), or we live another life that is conscious of itself but does not retain our previous existence memories except bits and pieces that "bleed over" if you will. Maybe strong memories that changed you life in a major way or something you did so often that it was second nature to you, things like that might "bleed over" but most of the time you wouldn't notice. Kinda like when you erase a hard drive to install new software, the old information is still on the hard drive unless you know how to get the information back it would be lost forever except for the parts that you already remember.

I think we all have "souls" that are like teeter-totters, each day we wake up it moves one way or the other depending on how we react through the day. At the end of our lives depending on which way it tilts depends on what path you choose. I think that if we are truthful to ourselves you can see your path, but many times we lie to ourselves and try to justify things we do to pretend we did the right thing so that we feel better about ourselves when in fact we are just hurting ourselves by lying.

If we move to a higher existence then we retain all knowledge of this life (and maybe other past lives) so that you can use what you learned here for what lies ahead. If you don't reach the higher existence then you hit the reset button and start over but depending on how you live your life now determins what lies ahead for you in your next life.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

What if in that other life, you want a reminder why you choose the path you did and the things your doing so you want to reexperience what you went through in an attempt to recall your path in life...If you've read any H.P. Lovecraft he talks of people being in the dream and dreaming further or having dreams while being in dreams or the premise for Inception. In a sense it'd be like a really long trip in astral projection, where your spirirt or energy regoes over the experience it's gained. It is a little hard to type out exactly what I'm trying to say, but it has a lot to do with dealing with the ethereal...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Or they could be messages from you telling you what to look for as your going through the experiences so you already kind of know what to do and not do when you get there and remind you what you're looking for to keep you focused.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by agentofchaos

Theoretically, possible, and there are some religions (one being Mormon, I think, but don't quote me on that) that believe that we existed prior to this life and elected to be born as humans to experience it. And I suppose that reliving this life for whatever reason would explain deja vu, but it still seems a bit off -- why would I have to experience the whole thing in order to relive some aspect of it? I was supremely happy for four years prior to this March, then supremely unhappy since... I can see wanting those four years back, but I'm not sure at the cost of the period that I'm in right now.

To be truthful, I'm at a point where life, between grief, illness and stress, has tired me out, and if the next life is better than this, I can't imagine wanting to come back if I had to do it all again.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You are going too far.

It's not a dream it's reallity, it may look different from other perspective.
We do not dream reallity into being, objects are real.

Experiment, close your eyes and don't think, run around the room without thinking anything at all.
You will hit a wall and bleed without you thinking it's there, without expectation it will hit you because it's there.
It's like a splinter, it's there but you can't see it, you have been living in reality, the illusion was pulled over your eyes. Wake up

Another experiment would be to be taken blind folded to this location you do not know, then run in the woods blind folded and hit a tree to wake up and to notice it's real, the world is not a nice place, I know.

Electrical impulses to the brain has nothing to do with objects that are in place there, yes it may seem diffrent
but it's real, it's there. In other words the room is not inside of you, the room is the room and your mind is your mind, just that you see it different.

Welcome to reality.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

meditation offers the personal relationship with god. i don't believe in an "almighty creator". i believe creation within the multiverse is the creator. dreams are symbols that try to get you on track with connection to "god". from your posts, i can tell you might not know too much besides the mainstream drivel they spout in religious sermons.

although these religions can connect you with creation, they've been distorted. putting us to sleep.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com...

What is reality? Mainstream science describes reality as "the state of things as they actually exist". So reality is simply: everything we observe.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one" Albert Einstein
This is a very broad definition. I consciously observe the lucid dream world, but does that make it a genuine reality? How many realities are there? Or, as Einstein suggested, is every form of reality merely an illusion? Is nothing real? Let's start by looking at how the human brain perceives reality, and how this can give way to subjective experience.

And

Imagine if the human brain had evolved with only the functions of the right hemisphere. Your perception of reality would be completely different. You would be drifting around in a universe filled with energy in the here and now, with no perception of the past and future. You would not know where your body ended and the ground began, or the difference between you and me.

Welcome to my lucid dream.

edit on 14-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Yes that is one way of putting it. Playing is innocence and also has it's personal relation ship to god.
We are after all just children playing. Knowing too much will make you greedy, tho sometimes to know may help.
The very idea that you can't be all, because if you are all you are nothing. It's just the way it works I guess.
The truth lies in the dark, you can take a flashlight and see it, but you will see only a part of it, as you know dark is stronger than light, black holes eat light. It's just as the creator made it, you find out the whole truth you go, if you do life is not worth living anymore. So the only way I see it is going on a quest but holding near the truth, for us to visit the universe. I want to see more and explore but I don't want to give up the truth, that is the problem.

Half explorer half the truth, we are ruthless explorers because we forgot about the truth. For haps the explorer will become something like visiting a museum or an old castle whith out any swords but just a map. The sword would be just for defence like a shield. You can hit with a shield to stun your enemies and then just break off and leave.

edit on 14-9-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

And Steven Hawking...www.time.com...

These examples bring us to a conclusion: There is no picture- or theory-independent concept of reality. Instead we adopt a view that we call model-dependent realism: the idea that a physical theory or world picture is a model (generally of a mathematical nature) and a set of rules that connect the elements of the model to observations. This provides a framework with which to interpret modern science. Though realism may be a tempting viewpoint, what we know about modern physics makes it a difficult one to defend. For example, according to the principles of quantum physics, which is an accurate description of nature, a particle has neither a definite position nor a definite velocity unless and until those quantities are measured by an observer. In fact, in some cases individual objects don't even have an independent existence but rather exist only as part of an ensemble of many. Read more: www.time.com...

edit on 14-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: Bolding

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You people are delusional!

You think because you have no eyes or have your eyes close that things aren't there?

Do you actually believe you can create your reality in such a delusional fashion?

You developed eyes to view the physical world, not the other way around

Yes, we are limited to our senses but that does not mean the world is defined by them

This is just a symantics argument for perception

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join