It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N-Word. No place in today's society.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Its just another word used to dumb down society and the younger generations. They think its cool because they hear it in songs and on TV. Its not cool to use the word, but oh well people believe anything rappers say. Majority of us might start calling each other the B-word...and no its not black or the female dog. I'm really sick of hip hop these days....cant stomach 99% of it. Money, girls, shoes, clothes, jewelery, the N-word...........and then it repeats all over again in the next verse.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dpgardne
Black People are the last minority
Here's an article I wrote ithp.org...
leave me a comment if you want at the site

Black people are the only true minority; because black people are the only minority that did not choose to be here. Everybody else knew what they were getting into. Let's break down the decision of every non-white person that decided to move to America. You are travelling to a land that was once inhabited by a native people. None of these people exist anymore, because they were dominated by asshole white people. These same asshole white people, were so lazy, that they brought people from across the ocean in chains to do their work for them. Now these same asshole white people run the entire country, and you have decided to come here. Do you think they give a # about your culture, your traditions, your language, and your equal rights?

What'd you expect? A red carpet to opportunity. And it's not just America. If I moved to Mexico with 5 kids and 7 dollars, I don't think they'd bust out the mariachi band and throw me a parade.

In addition: Asian people aren't a minority, because they have too much money. You hit a certain tax bracket and sorry, but you're not a minority anymore. If we went to war with Japan again, there would be no round-up of the Japanese; we need them out here making money. The only people going to internment camps are the NRA, because we don't need those jackoff idiots firing off rounds at the Japanese when they're trying to work. Mexicans are 5 years #ing away from not being a minority.

And back to the Native Americans. I do feel bad for them, but they had it coming. If you're living on land with as much natural resources as America, you have to at least be aware that somebody is going to come and try to take that #. You've got wood, coal, iron, copper, oil, but you haven't advanced beyond the bow and arrow?

Yes, I know, I'm an asshole for even thinking about this

Asians that come here give up their traditions to fit in. That's why they are accepted more than others.

I do take exception about the bow and arrow comment. If not for the natives those Pilgrims would have died that first winter. So it appears limited technology far outweighed advanced technology during that time.

Too bad we never really thanked them for that. Oh right, thanksgiving. I wonder how many children are being taught we are giving thanks to the natives for bailing us out.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

WTF? Were did I ever say ALL BLACK PEOPLE use this word? Did you read my post? Saying I got this from HBO...
Did you grow up in the Ghetto? Were you the only White kid in a all Black gang throughout your teenage years? Have you studied Black history for over 15 years? Damn, I have to cool down, ya'll are testing me right now.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by LifeIsEnergy]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
Its just another word used to dumb down society and the younger generations. They think its cool because they hear it in songs and on TV. Its not cool to use the word, but oh well people believe anything rappers say. Majority of us might start calling each other the B-word...and no its not black or the female dog. I'm really sick of hip hop these days....cant stomach 99% of it. Money, girls, shoes, clothes, jewelery, the N-word...........and then it repeats all over again in the next verse.

Of course, that's the music suburban white kids, who are the biggest demographic buyer of the music, want's to listen to.

If you want good rap music, listen to things pre-suburbia, you know before the record execs figured out that more white kids numerically buy than any other group. *points to above sentence*

No.. your getting excatly what you want.. which i find funny.

Besides anyone that actually listens to the genre knows that the real fire is in the mixtapes.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

THANK YOU!

I knew there are people out there with their hands on straight. You sure.. are getting friended!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Lets go further, let's ban all bad words. Anything that is deemed offensive, and if words become offensive, let's ban them too. Even if the word offensive becomes offensive, we should ban it!

"Nigga" is offensive. It's disrespectful and offensive.

The thing is, you don't have a right to not be offended.

First amendment rights. Live with it, grow some thick skin and move on.

Well, you are right. So I challenge you to go down to Harlem with a bull horn shouting your first amendment right to say the word "nigga".

Until you do that, I will just consider your words hollow and have no probative value to the discussion. If you do that, then I have the right to stand outside your home yelling the C-word at your wife. No offense to your wife BTW. But if the first amendment is protected then I should be able to do that.

Right?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I'm really sick of hip hop these days....cant stomach 99% of it. Money, girls, shoes, clothes, jewelery, the N-word...........and then it repeats all over again in the next verse.

What I can't understand... is how can this stuff last so long? I mean what are we lookin at now... at least 20 years?... more?... Disco was a flash in the pan by comparison... thank goodness for that.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

You clearly tried to establish the word is commonly spoken in black culture. I clearly pointed out that it was not. Even if it were, it's relegated to kitchen table conversation. Just like it should be in white america.

But to think it's not offensive in public is a true sign you just don't get it.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

Hip Hop has turned into Disco, but it wasn't always this way. It used to be a voice for a voiceless community.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

I'm really sick of hip hop these days....cant stomach 99% of it. Money, girls, shoes, clothes, jewelery, the N-word...........and then it repeats all over again in the next verse.

What I can't understand... is how can this stuff last so long? I mean what are we lookin at now... at least 20 years?... more?... Disco was a flash in the pan by comparison... thank goodness for that.

It wasn't a story until the Dr. Laura thing happened. So two words should answer your question.

Media ratings...

Look, no one cares what you or I say around our own kitchen table. What we care about is when your kitchen table encroaches on my kitchen table.

Leave your table at home and I will leave mine at home. Don't try to drag it out like it should be everyones kitchen table.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean

Well, you are right. So I challenge you to go down to Harlem with a bull horn shouting your first amendment right to say the word "nigga".

Until you do that, I will just consider your words hollow and have no probative value to the discussion. If you do that, then I have the right to stand outside your home yelling the C-word at your wife. No offense to your wife BTW. But if the first amendment is protected then I should be able to do that.

Right?

Ignoring that your second example would violate decency and obscenity laws, therefore not being considered protected speech - I think you're argument falls less into the category of "would these things be legal" - because in spirit they would be legal.

You've more tapped into listing things that would just be stupid to do and would probably produce some very bad results. IE being on the receiving end of epic and deserved violence or losing it all in a bitter divorce.

But stupid and illegal are different concepts.

[edit on 8/22/10 by Hefficide]

[edit on 8/22/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Ok, again, no where did I say 'ALL' or even hint at that. And about that kitchen table comment, you obviously don't have many Black friends who live in the Ghetto.

Nevertheless, I feel we are arguing the same side, and some how it has been diverted into semantics.

But to think it's not offensive in public is a true sign you just don't get it.

You clearly haven't read any of my previous comments.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

Hip Hop has turned into Disco, but it wasn't always this way. It used to be a voice for a voiceless community.

Just like rock an roll. Our moral decline started with Elvis.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Ignoring that your second example would violate decency and obscenity laws, therefore not being considered protected speech - I think you're argument falls less into the category of "would these things be legal" - because in spirit they would be legal.

You've more tapped into listing things that would just be stupid to do and would probably produce some very bad results. IE being on the receiving end of epic and deserved violence or losing it all in a bitter divorce.

But stupid and illegal are different concepts.

So calling a woman the C-word is MORE offensive than calling someone the N-word? Why is that? Calling someone the N-word incites public discourse. Just like yelling fire in a crowded room.

And you're right. It would be stupid to yell the N-word in a crowd of black men. I highly doubt your first amendments rights would be protected. Why? Because you asked for that beat down by enciting violence.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

hmmm... when I think of disco I think of Barry White, Donna Summers, the Bee Gees... etc... mid 70s... the disco you speak of does it sound like the disco in the mid 70s?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

N-Word. No place in today's society.

Just a thought and flame away at will at me but I suspect that "'n-word'" offends more middle-aged white guys like yourself than it does someone of black persuasion. Just a thought.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Marrr]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

No, I love all the names you named! I was more talking about Dirty Dancing with John Travolta type thing. Or Area 57.

I guess a better example would be 80's rock compared to 60's and 70;s rock.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

But you can still listen to Elvis and be moral...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

No, I love all the names you named! I was more talking about Dirty Dancing with John Travolta type thing. Or Area 57.

ya... I had a crush on Donna Summer... incredible voice too.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

But you can still listen to Elvis and be moral...

And the same is true about Hip Hop...

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join