It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N-Word. No place in today's society.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

I totally disagree. No I don't but you're not giving me much to work with. Thus the star. That's pretty much it. One thing from your post that I can comment on is:

..is it that they believe it is inherent in our natures to be criminals?

I don't think it's a "belief" so much as it is that we are easier to control this way. Hate to have an educated public. They'd be out on their asses in one election if the populous was REALLY educated. Better to lock them up than to give them the tools to work for themselves and not The Man.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I was agreeing with you and defining my scope of the word "ghetto". Ghetto by definition means "enclosed area"; or something to that effect. What place is more "enclosed" than the uneducated mind? You can be in a ghetto of thought when you are broke and see no way out.... the thought leads you to the ghetto. A neighborhood is a neighborhood and one BBQ can make a so called "ghetto" paradise; pass the hot sauce lol. Everyone has the chance to seek out higher understanding especially in today's world, some need more encouragement than others though. Thats where responsibility for your world comes in. Lead people from the ghetto of the mind and lead them out of the ghetto. If people cared for their community, no matter how impoverished, they could make quality of life better. Education is the key

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar
do you mean the word nigga? i really don't care as i live in Indonesia, and several billion asians would not care either. Funny though that blacks get angry if whites call them nigga, but each other they call "nigga" ...well that is what i know from hollywood movies and hip hop songs
[edit on 21-8-2010 by nagabonar]

I have to agree with Nagabonar. It is a lot more stupid that they walk around calling each-other Niggers 24/7. You don't see the jews calling eachother names in the popular media like that... and neither does any other group. Not to mention in movies, music and basically everywhere there are african-whatevers. People should grow up and understand that it is just that...a word. A single word might change the world, but only if you let it. And to me they are doing it to themselves.
People are trying to make the WORD into the evil culprit...when it is as always the PEOPLE that are. I just don't understand the hypocrisy either.

"Niger" is just Latin for Black by the way. Where it originated from.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

You are exactly right, there is no reason for anyone to use it, and lets face it... If you do you have some serious sensitivity problems. and of COURSE black people have every right to take a horrible, hateful word and use it for whatever they want... taking its power away and using it as a different term. Does NOT mean some white dude or chick can go around saying it.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
ya ok, it's THEIR word. lol, what better way to not make people use it?

in the NWO it won't matter, it's only a local deal, right?

couple 100mil people really know? maybe 5-6 mil actually.

you guys can make a big deal out of 1 word, go ahead. see if the rest of the world cares.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
In rock and roll culture, don't "bad", "wicked" and "sick" mean "great", "greatly clever and entertaining", and "mind bendingly awesome".

In black culture "'n-word'" and "nigga" mean "homes" or "home boy". Maybe "buddy" would be a close translation into "white", since it can apply to actual friends as well as strangers in a variety of circumstances as the other terms can.

I don't think "'n-word'" and its variant are going away. The best thing we can hope for is that whites will develop a vogue for the term and adopt it as their own, preferring to call each other "'n-word'" rather than "man" or "buddy".

I would like to inaugurate the movement among whites to reclaim our birthright, as ancestral Africans like everyone else, and demand an end to the hogging of the term "'n-word'" by black people. Whites should demand the right to be known as "'n-word's" and even go further.

Forget the demands. Just start calling each other "nigga". If black people want some exclusive term to call themselves, they can think of a new one.

And fashion being what it is, we may steal that one too.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Sorry you can't give someone a power to use a word and then take it away from another group of people that seems "racist" to me lol.... Get real the word exists it's here and I have freedom of speech, although the word has changed meaning I usually think of the word meaning ignorant person but OP you're one of those guys that sees the world in black and white right??

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
When white people start saying nigga it will 2012 and that will cause WW3 and end the world. White people need to stop wanting to be down and be themselves. Dont white people have words blacks cant use? Like 2 brothers are walking down the street and see another brother" wassup crackser?", they ask. Since they get an awkward stare they then think of something quickly and say " wassup redneck?". Nah you see it doesnt work so white people leave the N-word alone cuz you are not down with the struggle until you are the "minority". Until whites are minorities they are to be viewed as ostracized from "downess". AMERIKKKA lol I love it racism and bigotry are awesome tools to keep people down with low self esteem! .... Im latino btw so KMA lol

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
White people need to stop wanting to be down and be themselves. Nah ...white people leave the N-word alone cuz you are not down with the struggle until you are the "minority". Until whites are minorities they are to be viewed as ostracized from "downess". AMERIKKKA lol I love it racism and bigotry are awesome tools to keep people down with low self esteem! .... Im latino btw so KMA lol

i shared a small 1 bedroom apt that had holes in the wall and no heater, with my single mom and younger sibling. I lived in Patterson NJ and that's one of the worst places ever to live, i could never wear anything new outside or else i'd get jumped and they'd get stolen. The only food i ate was from school. I was picked on at school because I was the only white kid. I was bullied because of the color of my skin ...and this was in 2003.

How dare you class every white person as rich or middle class?

[edit on 8/28/10 by ohsnaptruth]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
How dare you question me? I never classified white people as anything but "majority". You just fell through the cracks of the white established order lol. Cmon dude i was just playing around white people are kool; people are kool. Justt certain people cant say the N word around certain people.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In England, the Queen is at the top of the social ladder, so the upper crust take their cues from her in many things, including the upper crust accent, i.e.., how they pronounce English, the language they speak.

Linguists have studied her own pronounciation through recordings made of it. What they found is that she has changed her pronounciation in subtle ways throughout her reign. They theorize that she does this, in order to stay separate from the mass of the upper class. Once they have her current intonations and cadences copied, she changes something to throw them off.

There will always be elites and those at the top of the heap and they will do whatever it takes, no matter how petty or incomprehensible to draw distinctions between themselves and others, fellow niggas.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

When white people start saying nigga it will 2012 and that will cause WW3 and end the world. White people need to stop wanting to be down and be themselves. Dont white people have words blacks cant use? Like 2 brothers are walking down the street and see another brother" wassup crackser?", they ask. Since they get an awkward stare they then think of something quickly and say " wassup redneck?". Nah you see it doesnt work so white people leave the N-word alone cuz you are not down with the struggle until you are the "minority". Until whites are minorities they are to be viewed as ostracized from "downess". AMERIKKKA lol I love it racism and bigotry are awesome tools to keep people down with low self esteem! .... Im latino btw so KMA lol

Hold on, see now there is a problem. Your original statement about the use the word "Nigga" was that it would heal and mend racial relations by taking the power out of the word. My argument was that no one should be using this word freely in conversation, even Blacks, because it shows a level of ignorance to the history of Black Americans suffering.

So if it is 'cool' to use in the context of admiration between Blacks, because as you stated before it will, and already has, taken the impact out of the word, and it is 'cool' to be used amongst like minded people, because as you stated before, it will mend racial relations, then how is it not also 'cool' in your mind for white kids who grew up in these neighborhoods like I did and the person above from NJ did, to not use this word?

You see, now you are increasing the opportunity for racism and racial separation, by stating only whites are not allowed to use this word. You are also implying that there still is a sense of negativity and sensitivity surrounding that word, just as my argument previously stated to you, which is why it should not be used, by anyone. Also, if you are admitting that it is historically a word used to under mind Blacks, why not also say Asians and Latinos should not use this word? They too have historically used this word in a racist tone against Blacks.

You said, 'white kids need to stop trying to be down and just be themselves', well do you know that many Black people would say the same about you and Asian kids? Both the Latino and Asian cultures are historically much different than the Black culture is. So the point is, it is not what color of skin you have, it is the struggle you are ensuing that connects you, and there are also many White people in the same struggle, right next to you.

Lastly I will reiterate that last point by saying this. I have always been considered family by my Black friends and they commonly refer to me as 'one of them', obviously not because of my skin color, but because of my struggle and mind state. You may also be surprised that since I have started working for this historically Black empowerment organization, identical to the NAACP and actually even older then them, I am also considered family amongst them and commonly referred to as 'one of them'. Again, this is not because of my skin color or my heritage, but because of my struggle and mind set.

No one should be using this word, as it only shows a high level of ignorance, case and point. And if you need me to link you to a bunch of Black people who are also stating this fact, so you can understand it better, then I would be more than happy to.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by LifeIsEnergy]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Ok "Life Is" I know what youre thinking but see also my reply to the Jersey dude after he replied to that statement. I was just playing with ignorance, ignorance is an art form once overstood; I wanted to role play a little lol. But in all actuality i dont think the N word is a serious topic for debate. I do pose this though, being that I am latino maybe if referring to me Blacks should use "spic" toward me while I say Nicca toward them; for example,
" what up my nicca" "what up my spic". LOL No one uses spic toward a latino unless it is in a racist context. Why is that?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Or you could of just said, "I woke up a immature smart ass today, and you wasted your time trying to conversate with me cuz I am not going to answer any of your questions."

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

funny how that works lol

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

So a person can't use a word because of their race is what you're saying?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

I didnt say anything and I am seriously wondering why the N word deserves so much attention..... really?..... whoever doesnt like it dont say it.... if youre not supposed to say it know when to say it.... lol thats pretty much it about this topic

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
as was stated earlier in the thread, I don't understand why SOME white people feel the need to police black people on the use of the word nigga.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bl2k10

It's rather simple. If you don't want people of another race thinking it is in any way acceptable to use a certain word, DON'T use the word amongst those of your own race with members of another race nearby. Talk about simplicity, hey?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Its a word, get over it. It all comes down to context. Two homies hanging out and calling each other 'n-word', or nigga, whatever, is fine. It a term of endearment. It's no different when one friend says "Hey man", or "Yo dawg." However put it in the Michael Richards context of the word, that a problem, that is hate. The N word is here to stay, get over it. Black people have effectively taken the word back. Good for them. "Nigger" sounds pretty bad ass to me. White people wish they had an equally infamous nickname, but they don't, they have cracker, and honkey. Boring.

edit on 17-9-2010 by indigo_fleshlight because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join