It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained Loud Boom at 3:00 am In 2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Back in 2005, I was woken at 3:00 am (I looked at the alarm clock) to my bed being shaken and then I heard a loud boom. I thought there had been an explosion. Car alarms were going off and when I went outside, there were tons of people outside as well, all trying to figure out what had happened.

I live a block from Lake Ontario. We have a fault line that runs through the lake (same fault that was part of the recent Quebec earthquake). When that earthquake happened, my Dad (who lives quite far away, but also on the same fault line) heard a large bang. There were no reports of any earthquakes for the 2005 event.

Does anyone have any theories about what this would be? No aircraft were reported to have been in the area and I can find no follow up stories about it. I still have the original newspaper clipping, but have added a reprint of the same story that I found online.

hamiltonbeachcommunity.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxKatiexox

Hi.

In 2006, an identical phenomena occurred in the town of Bude, south west England (very near to where i live).

Speculation was rife as to the cause of the noise which shook houses and cracked windows. A meteor breaking up in the atmosphere was one of the favoured explanations.

But i suspect the real cause for that incident was an unauthorized sonic boom by a pilot who was playing around:

www.pprune.org...

Not sure how relevant that is to your experience but i thought i would offer up a possible explanation.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
[post by xoxKatiexox

Hi there. Here in the pacific northwest, Washington State to be exact, we are currently having what is called a deep tremor.

HERE is a thread I started on it, with all sorts of info.

Now, a few days ago there were widespread reports of two massive booms that were eventually written off as sonic, although everyone who has experienced both sonic booms and close-to-the-surface quakes can tell the diference.

HERE is the thread someone started on that.

I bring these up because I think they are related. Now, what does that have to do with you?

Because, although I believe these recent booms are related to the deep tremors, there was no associated quake recorded....BUT there were several HUNDRED deep tremors recorded that day. I am speculating that is possible these deep tremors are capable of creating this phemomenon, but it is not recorded as a quake. Make sense?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxKatiexox

You'll be interested in this related event, posted here at ATS - the similarities to your experience are uncanny to say the least:

BOOM rattles Southern California

What's going on?? (see the news reports included/linked in the above - the "experts" are (supposedly) just as baffled...)

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thank you for the suggestions all. I am baffled. I distinctly felt the bed shake and then the boom. The shaking of the bed is what woke me up. The boom was heard seconds later and seriously so loud that there's no way it was from lightning (I have been 1/2 km away from a lightning strike and while the sound and orange flash were incredible, it wasn't anything like this). Yet, all of the seismegraphs didn't show the ground shaking? We have several in the area because of the fault that runs through here. I am leaning towards a sonic boom, too.

top topics

join