It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how complicated can this be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
hey there all...
I'm new to this site, kinda. Been reading all kinds of mind- bending stuff on this site for about two years now ( or is it three, boy does time fly these days) I like it here. Sometimes great, sometimes really, really, really, stupid. But thats humans. At least its interesting. Its opened my mind more and made me laugh so it's finally time to get on board. So, how did i come to this point? Interestingly i broke my foot, real bad and nasty like, was bed ridden for six months, thank silicon for the internet otherwise i would have died from boredom. I came across a few UFO videos on youtube, stirring my childhood interest and long love affair with science fiction. Boy was i not preparred for the conspiracy hole that would open up beneath my feet with each new link leading to more complexity and contradiction. What do i believe? Well I firmally believe that that kind of quetion is far too loaded to answer. I have many interests and come here with no fixed beliefs since that can get you in trouble in my opinion.
erm, hopefully I haven't broken any rules in this my first post.

elementary my dear, elementary!

JAK

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Great introduction, welcome to ATS number38.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hello number38, welcome to ats! Sounds like you belong here and will greatly appreciate the experience. Look forward to your input!
On the subject of ufos, you might dig these threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Happy truth pursuit!

spec

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

WELCOME TO ATS!!!!

i really hope you enjoy your experience here, and have fun with it.

thanks for finding your way to our ATS community.

Originally posted by number38
Sometimes great, sometimes really, really, really, stupid. But thats humans. At least its interesting. Its opened my mind more and made me laugh so it's finally time to get on board.

enjoy: www.belowtopsecret.com...

get to posting, get those first 20 posts out of the way! break a leg!!!
what?

So, how did i come to this point? Interestingly i broke my foot, real bad and nasty like, was bed ridden for six months.

oh, maybe wrong wordage choice! hope you are feeling better.

I hope you enjoy your ATS experiences, and please don't post crap,
john paul

p.s.
here is a link to a thread entitled "A Brief Guide to Skepticism".
in it you will find 3 short films that may aid you in better dealing with your fellow ATSers:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
welcome to ATS!
ps. you might want to invest in a picture so people remember you easier :p

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well met and welcome aboard !

May your time here be as entertaining as it is enlightening.

great introduction by the way

~meathead

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by number38

Hello there Great Intro BTW!

I'm sure you'll find yourself at home here.

May I ask what the significance of the number 38 is?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks to all for the totally awesome welcome. What a friendly place. Of course thats the puppy love stage, I'm sure I'll come across some hard nuts in the future. I been reading this site so much now I feel like I'm already a long time member.
Big Raging Loner. The number 38...well there are tons of people who keep seeing 11:11 and i see 38. Everywhere. I've been down many paths of enquiry seeking an answer as to why I see it, i.e. esoteric, synchronicity, I see it because I see it therefore I see it more and also 38 being 3+8 equals 11. But who Knows? It's big in Norse mythology symbolising unnatural bravery and in the bible it about consecration or something. Sigh. Haven't found many other people who see this number.
Anyway, once I get the hang of this site I'll be able to post a picture, a signature and reply properly but i seriously detest reading boring stuff like that.

Elementary my dear, elementary!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Ha Ha. just gone in to edit my profile and get a hang on how things work here and i noticed I have 38 ats points. its starts to become a kind of private joke with myself. After a while I stop noticing it because it starts getting ridiculous. maybe once I've posted 20 replies i can start a thread about it.

Elementary my dear, elementary!

top topics

join