It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Rejects Lesbian Couple's Daughter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
All I see is agenda here. This was planned to get attention or in hopes of money.

All those saying things about private organizations with restrictions I guess have never heard of the boy scouts, girl scouts, the masons for that matter only allow men and they must hold certain beliefs. If you want to attack this school and those like it, you need to attack everything. It is private for a reason they see fit to allow only those with closely following beliefs like their own.

The government needs to stay out of private organizations unless they are harming others. Even the KKK and Black Panthers are left to their own so long as they are not hurting people.

Raist

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
All I see is agenda here. This was planned to get attention or in hopes of money.

All those saying things about private organizations with restrictions I guess have never heard of the boy scouts, girl scouts, the masons for that matter only allow men and they must hold certain beliefs. If you want to attack this school and those like it, you need to attack everything. It is private for a reason they see fit to allow only those with closely following beliefs like their own.

The government needs to stay out of private organizations unless they are harming others. Even the KKK and Black Panthers are left to their own so long as they are not hurting people.

Raist

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I have no problem with gay relationships - but I must say I don't know what this couple was thinking trying to enroll their daughter in a private Christian School. She would be shunned and ridiculed beyond belief if they had accepted her. This is not the place for this child.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
If a school, club or other organization offers membership to the public it should be on an equal basis regardless of religious, racial, ethnic or lifestyle background.

Mighty big words till it's your club or organization that's under fire. A private school gets to CHOOSE who it accepts.......there's a lesson in that somewhere. Those parents can enroll their child in a PUBLIC school or one that ACCEPTS their lifestyle. It's funny that the parents are acting so shocked...........

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

And it might undermine the moral instruction of our clergy and teachers in the minds of our schools students and parents

say what ????????

the fact that a single pupil has homosexual parents will undermine the alleged morals they are attempting to indoctrinate in the OTHER pupils and parents

wow , just wow

this munkie can only draw the conclusion that thier dogma is pitifully weak if a persons sexual orentation will cause everone else to question the " moral instruction "

utter pathetic cowardice

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by Pinke

No they cannot. That very concept is an oxymoron. That is the same thing as saying a serial killer can still be Christian. If someone chooses to be homosexual that's their business, but don't try and change the Christian church to suit your needs. Start your own Church. Why would two lesbians insist on sending their child to a Christian school. The Christian Bible teaches that lesbianism is wrong, so I too see an agenda here folks.

Actually, yes they can be gay and Christian.

There are even gay female Episcopalian bishops (relevant since the school is Episcopal):
Episcopal Church Ordains 2nd Openly Gay Bishop

I suspect that there's some intra-church political background to this story, since it's a pretty hot topic in the Episcopal Church these days.

edit to fix bbcode

[edit on 8/21/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
What agenda? The evidence here is just as likely pointing to that it was being reported to make people think there was an agenda. Honestly, the parents stated they liked the teacher to student ratio. They wanted good teaching. My parents weren't Christian, they put me in a Christian school for the education.

All you can take from this angle is the parents were disappointed. And the person above me is 100% correct - homosexual Christians *do* exist.

Serial Killer vs Homosexuality ... well Jesus befriended tax collectors, and Judas whilst knowing he was going to betray him. The bible is about reaching out to people, and forgiveness. More importantly, education is about teaching reality. Reality is these situations come up.

There are plenty of sins that technically the school should remove people for if homosexuality is on that list, too. It is the school's decision ... my opinion is they made an incorrect one on the basis of Christian faith and providing Christian education for all who are willing.

And how sick would it be to use your children for an agenda??? The parents probably weren't even thinking it would come up, and many schools like this accept single parents. I wouldn't mind if people had some evidence, but in this instance the evidence is non-existent.

Its no more compelling than a heterosexual walking into a gay bar and then deciding, with the assistance of management, that the place is not for them but being disappointed that they liked the look of the place.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Verily the mighty hand of God has reached down from the heavens and rescued this poor child from a life of dogma and hate, and superstition. She should get down on her knees and be thankful for this to the remainder of her days.

The parts of the Bible that condemn homosexuality are the very same parts that tell us to stone a woman if she is not a virgin on her wedding night and to keep our women folk out in the barn with the cattle when they are menstruating.

[edit on 8-21-2010 by groingrinder]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I do not see why Gays are so bent on destroying everything that offers them a glimmer of hope. The Gay community is blatant, overbearing, self obssesed and has no repsect for anyone else as a whole not as individuals.

All i hear is "what about our rights, what about us gays"

All I see are rules being changed to accommodate them to the point that no one else is accommodated.

I say Gays have had a good portions of the the rule changes moved in their favor.

If you argue and then get into a fight with a person and later it is found out the person you fought with is gay the law treats it as "gay bashing".

As for the private school, its their choice and if the gay couple is rejected, then tough, suck it up (no pun intended). I bet the people who don't get in because their grades are not good enough don't cry "what about stupid peoples rights".

Maybe they will soon.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute
I do not see why Gays are so bent on destroying everything that offers them a glimmer of hope. The Gay community is blatant, overbearing, self obssesed and has no repsect for anyone else as a whole not as individuals.

You're doing more agenda pushing than the parents allegedly are. And what hope was offered by a school that refused to take their child??

Here is what we know the parents said:

The Harrisons said they picked St. Vincent's for their daughter because friends recommended it and they liked its low student to teacher ratio. Everyone there was also very friendly and helpful.

They are disappointed that their daughter was denied an education there because of who they go to bed with at the end of the day.

The school claims it would deny admission to children of a heterosexual couple living together outside of marriage, but the Harrison's aren't convinced that's true.

Where is the agenda pushing here??? Where is the lack of respect??? Both sides are just stating facts. Something happened. Not everything is a big agenda based homosexual conspiracy.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Pinke]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

But thats why they said they wish not to take her. People don't see how bad this could be for the little girl.

Go home see mommy kissing mommy go to school learn how they will burn in hell go back home mommy says they are lairs go back to school they say mommy is a jezzabel lair who will be the Devils prostitute.

Yeah lets see how F**ked up she turns out!

But your right im with you on this

"I don’t agree with the school’s view, but I understand their right to not agree with how everyone chooses to live, especially if it goes against their views and beliefs."

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

The New Testament speaks of homosexuality as well.

"For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due."
—Romans 1:26-27 (NKJV)

As a private school it can choose who can attend the school. It is in the childs best interest that she not be in a situation where her peers and their parents openly disapprove of her parents lifestyle. She would end up not being invited to peers homes for sleepovers and parties and such. The Bible states people are to fellowship with like minded believers. If parents believe that the girls parents are wrong in their lifestyle choice then they will keep their children away from this girl.

Jesus did accept sinners, the downcast, the rejected, etc. He also told followers to fellowship with likeminded people and left a way for them to lovingly point out and confront sin in their midst so the sinner could repent and change their way. This school would probably have eventually done this with the end result being the parents refusal to end their marriage resulting in the child eventually leaving the school.
Eve

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Of those saying it's a private school and they have the right to choose, would you say the same if they were denying entry to a black person or a jewish person etc? If not why not?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Religion doesnt accept all of humanity, and if you want to join its like joining a club but you have to have the right beliefs and be living the "correct" life style before you can join. I really do not see why their is judgement on sexuality when most of the earth will become over populated one day anyway at the rate we are procreating. Have people on this earth that are of the same sex that love eachother are in their own way doing Humans a favour. Also couples, gay or straight that are adopting children are helping children to have a better life based on love.

Think its about time we humans start to accept difference and imbrace it. Everyone needs to realise that we all have our differences, we all believe in slightly different versions of reality, we all have our own take on life and on how we live it. Sure there has to be boundaries such as do no harm to a human animal, etc... I believe that this child is being discriminated against by the fact she has two parents that happen to be of the same sex. She isnt gay, her parents are. I think the parents have every right to make a stand!

The world will continue to be tested, and pulled and pushed until religion, humanity reaches a point where it either destroys itself or comes together in support of difference.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Really? So skin color now has something to do with people following religious doctrine? I am all for gay rights, but I am also all for religions having freedom and not being forced to accept something that goes against certain beliefs (even if I disagree). You really think that a Catholic or Christian school should be forced into accepting Jewish families? Are you retarded?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LAinhabitant

Just curious. Did Jesus actually write Romans? Or was it written by Paul who had never personally known Jesus?

[edit on 8-22-2010 by groingrinder]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

yes it is legal under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act

(2) it shall not be an unlawful employment practice for a
school, college, university, or other educational institution or
institution of learning to hire and employ employees of a particular
religion if such school, college, university, or other educational
institution or institution of learning is, in whole or in substantial
part, owned, supported, controlled, or managed by a particular religion or
by a particular religious corporation, association, or society, or if the
curriculum of such school, college, university, or other educational
institution or institution of learning is directed toward the propagation
of a particular religion.

www.eeoc.gov...

While that addresses employment it probably also applies to enrollment. I don' t see where a reliously based school is different and should be forced to accept a student whose family holds to fundamentally different incongruous beliefs. It wouldn't make a difference if it was a Jewish child or a Christian child attempting to attend a private Muslim school. Race has nothing to do with issue.

To enter the local mosque I must remove me shoes. Do you think if I show up in a bikini barefoot they will let me in? Why or why not?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

All Scripture is God breathed. (2Tim 3:16)
The Logos (Word) was God (John 1:1)
The Logos (word) was the wisdom and power of God. ( 1 Cor 1:24)
The Logos (Word) became flesh. (John 1:14)
Jesus is the Logos (Word) of God (John 1:14)
All things were created for and by the Logos. (Col 1:15-19)

Putting that all together one could surmise that although Paul did the writing it in the book of Romans, it was the Word of God and the Word of Jesus.

Jesus said" 4And He answered and said to them, "Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’' 5and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.."

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Actually no they cannot. The Bible teaches that homosexuality is an abomination. Given that how could an active homosexual be a Christian and yet continue to live a lifestyle that the Christian Bible says is an abomination? It just isn't plausible.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LAinhabitant

I’m not talking about legality just morality. If you don’t support discrimination in the case of race or whatnot then why in the case of sexuality? It is no more a choice for someone to be gay than it is for someone to be black.

To enter the local mosque I must remove me shoes.

Can you remove your sexuality? If not, there is the difference.

reply to post by Raustin

But why should a religious person be free to discriminate because they sincerely believe they have to? A racist may have equally sincere beliefs about races mixing but they aren’t allowed to put them into practice, why should a religion?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join